Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bybreeves April 9, 2008

Turned Off

My kids beat me to the punch and turned off the movie after the first few minutes. Bully bloodying a kid's nose, yelling "I will kick your a__". We decided it was not a movie for our family. Wish we had read the review before ordering it.
Parent Written bywhanaufun September 20, 2013

B Grade Kids Movie

Not for 10 year old boys - who summed it up as "this is the lamest movie I've seen". The aliens look like muppets. Also the (I guess) 12 to13yr old boys drink beer in the movie!
Parent Written bymitchboucher April 1, 2016

Too many older themes.

In my opinion - a show that has boys fantasies about sex with older or other alien women cannot be for 7 year old children. period. Not opinion - Children under the age of 13 having sex is statutory rape in most States.
Uncle of a 10 year old Written byScott J. August 19, 2016

A classic story with real-world themes

I read some of the other reviews here and am stunned with some of the negative opinions. This movie is appropriate for kids in grade school and it deals with issues such as bullying, love, friendship, loyalty. Different ages will get different messages from this movie, but the story line is relatable to everyone. I recommend this as a family movie for everyone to sit down and watch together. It's a classic story that blends fantasy with coming of age.