Kid reviews for Extraction

Bloody violence, trite story in predictable action tale.

Teen, 15 years old Written byalfie321 June 5, 2020

great film but violent

i think that extraction is suitable for teens 14+, the film is very full on and violent but its fine for any mature 11 or 12 year. but what makes this film innapropriate is the brutality towards children because one seen you see a child being thrown off a building and you hear their body thud on ground. i hope this review helps :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byIrateMoviesCWN April 15, 2021

Very Violent

This Movie (which I watched at 12) was very violent, it goes from smashing peoples heads on walls to shoving peoples eyes through a rake. No wonder it got the 5 star violence! Even though it is very violent it tells a great story and overall a very good movie. I think you should be at least 14 to watch this because it has a lot of violence, a short scene where it shows womens butts, and some swearing.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJboii April 11, 2021

Good movie common sense missed on its rating

Common sense is wild for making this movie only two stars I really liked it. However in terms of the movie itself I think I also could've gone with fourteen plus because it is violent and gory but I'm not sure at what age people could handle this
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2021

This Movie Is Awesome

This film is one of my favorites. it is a great action thriller. good for teens or mature tweens. there is language and a TON of violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrayhang January 13, 2021

Really good netflix movie with interesting plot.

This is one of the better netflix movies. It's extremely violent and brutal but I think a mature 12-13 yr old can handle it.
Violence: Extremely bloody and brutal violence throughout. Lots of blood spurts. This movie is all about the blood. 5/5
Sex: a very short cut of womens bare butts on screen. 2/5
Language: Tons of f words and uses of other bad words in english AND hindi
Drugs: main characters are shown drinking and smoking many times throughout. 4/5
If your child is fine with extreme violence, then they'll be able to see this movie no doubt.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLegitboijalen November 19, 2020

Teen, 16 years old Written bystartrekfordays October 23, 2020

Action-packed thriller has fantastic cinematography and surprising emotional depth.

Parents should know that this action-heavy thriller starring Chris Hemsworth is targeted towards older teens and fans of shootouts and explosions. However, this movie surprised me with its emotional punch, which was one blow I didn't expect. As far as violence, it doesn't get much more intense than this. Most of the 2 hour runtime is filled with explosive gunfights, car chases and crashes, as well as several hand-to-combat sequences. There's also lots of blood, plus stabbing and execution style murders, including that of a teenager. Themes surrounding drug cartels and violence involving children was especially disturbing, however, I was glad that the movie didn't overly glorify the fighting. There's no sex apart from one scene where women wear revealing clothing. Language is strong though, with many uses of f--k, s--t, etc. Overall, I was expecting a pretty brainless shoot-em-up. What I got was a thrilling, gut-punch of a film that boasted fantastic cinematography, excellent stunt work, and tons of edge-of-your-seat moments. The acting was also great, especially Hemsworth. His character brought a lot of emotional depth to the movie, which I wasn't expecting. And although the story was simplistic, it's still engaging. The ending was awesome, keeping me guessing until the last second. I won't spoil it, but I will say this: It's one of those open-ended endings where, by the time the camera cuts to black, keeps the film tingling at the back of your mind. And for me, that pushed the film right into five-star territory. My Rating: R for prolonged sequences of strong violence, language, and brief drug use.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIKC October 3, 2020

Extremely Good Movie

I think that 12 and up is a good base-point to start with, if your kid doesn't do well with violence and or guns then I would say 13-14+ if they are mature enough I think 11-12+ is a good place to start.
The movie has a good message and positive role models, it is well directed and written. It has a lot of blood, not as much guts and internal parts all over the place like war movies such as 1917 but does appear in some scenes.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTeenOver September 16, 2020

Its ok

It had a lot of blood and kids with guns so it is not appropriate for kids under 14

Teen, 13 years old Written bySxvage July 23, 2020
Quite violent

Teen, 13 years old Written bySMASH123 May 20, 2020

Best Chris Hemsworth movie ever

It can be watched with there is only a little bit of nudity for 5 seconds but thats it it got some positive message it can be a bit emotional but its got cool fighting scenes

Teen, 13 years old Written byJeppy May 20, 2020

its okay

not the best but I liked it. there is a lot of violence like someone threw a kid of the roof and a lot of swearing in different language overall its a fine movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byethan97 May 18, 2020

Weak 4 hard 3.5

Very violent Chris Hemsworth action movie. The action scenes are bloody and you can feel the pain in every hit that they take, kids die, get beat up and one kills a guy and starts crying after nothing sexual I recommend for people who can handle these kinda themes

Teen, 13 years old Written byVito Corleone May 10, 2020

It's probably fine for teens who watch old action movies

It's violent and there is some kids the die and kill. But other than that there's violence and swearing. It's just a fun action movie that if you can get passed kids killing and dying it's fine.

Teen, 17 years old Written bynoided May 10, 2020

Meh.

It’s a stylistically bland action movie with some decent performances and action scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHydroPlaysXband... May 9, 2020

Solid action film has great, long action sequences.

Extraction is an action film about a mercenary who is sent on a mission to save a drug lords son. As you may know, the action sequences are filmed as one long continuous take and are shot perfectly. The action is great and is solid viewing fro action fans.
Violence: About the norm for rated R action flicks. People are shot, stabbed, and more resulting in blood spurting in walls and on the ground. All kinds of guns are used and sometimes the resulting wound can be seen in some detail. Stabbing include normal shanking and throat slittings usually resulting in blood. However more than just knives are used and in one particularly graphic scene, two characters are implied in the neck and head by a rake. Characters are also broken by falling from heights and being hit by cars. One character fixed his disjointed nose, spurting blood. Dismembered fingers are shown. Children wield guns and are threatened, injured, and sometimes killed.
Language: Around 25 F bombs and common use of words from s—t to d—n.
Sex: Some mild sexual references and in one scene women in somewhat skimpy clothing are shown dancing.
Consumption: Some drug material such as how it’s infected how a man is a drug and alcohol addict. He is shown drinking and taking pills, some other characters are shown taking these pills with him, though no aftermath is shown.
Extra: Role models and messages are iffy, but some characters can be good role models. Civilians are in peril.

Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2020

Quite good

This film has quite a bit of violence and cursing, so if you dont really like that stuff, this film is not for you

Teen, 16 years old Written bygkm May 5, 2020

Violent to the core, overall decent story

It’s a very violent movie, even against children, to the point where you feel a little uneasy. Like a kid getting shot in the head, a little boy thrown off a roof (to his death), and a teen cuts his finger off and presents it to Asif. Strong language as well. The storyline is generic and nice, with an emotional component on Kyle’s side

Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2020

my 10 year old brother watched this and he was fine

it is a good movie with violence but why does that matter

Teen, 14 years old Written byGreg321 May 2, 2020

Pretty good, but very violent

If you are okay with blood and violence then, you should be good. There is violence in almost every scene. There is also a lot of cussing. Other than that it is a good movie, I recommend it.