All parent member reviews for Factory Girl

Adult Written byJayGatsby October 27, 2011

Spectacular cautionary tale about the empty promises of being famous

This movie does not glorify the lifestyle of its real-life characters. It's a cautionary tale about the meaninglesness of being famous for fame's sake. I appreciated this movie because I watched it at a time when I was studying postmodern art, and the total meaninglessness of Warhol's art was apparent, as well as his total lack of loyalty. What makes the movie so good are the breathaking and Oscar-worthy performances of Sienna Miller and Guy Pearce, who consumed their roles with an authenticity and passion that was wonderful to watch. The movie ends with a mash-up of poignant flashbacks, with Warhol and Edie contemplating how the world would remember them. It is a sad, regretful little movie, about sad, regretful people, and how they can be swept away in the false promises of being famous, and all the decadence that comes with it. It remains a sad cautionary tale that rings ture on the consequences of being famous. I recommend it for ADULTS ONLY. The sex, nudity, drug content, and profanity is pervasive throughout.
Adult Written byraul1058 April 9, 2008