All parent member reviews for Faeries

Parent Written bycab777 September 21, 2013

Absolutely NOT FOR TODDLERS

I picked this show from my OnDemand selection after checking with this site that it would be appropriate for my 3 yr old twins. It's absolutely NOT appropriate for this age. The faces are quite scary and there's kidnapping, baby-threatening, scary music and so on. Kids this age don't have the necessary perspective for this. It's poorly written and animated so the site's reviewer called it inoffensive but they didn't consider it from a toddler's developmental point-of-view. I was wavering for a while (and shouldn't have), but finally turned it off when the villain scooped up a baby and threatened to harm it unless the heroes fulfilled some prophecy for him. My twins are still exclaiming "we don't like those bad guys" twenty minutes after I turned it off and they turned to another activity. Which is why I'm prompted to actually write something on this site. I'm not one of those over-protective moms, but even I was pretty surprised at how absolutely NOT for toddlers this movie is. At all.