Parent reviews for Faeries

Light humor and suspense make up for a thin plot.

Based on 1 review
Parent Written bycab777 September 21, 2013

Absolutely NOT FOR TODDLERS

I picked this show from my OnDemand selection after checking with this site that it would be appropriate for my 3 yr old twins. It's absolutely NOT appropriate for this age. The faces are quite scary and there's kidnapping, baby-threatening, scary music and so on. Kids this age don't have the necessary perspective for this. It's poorly written and animated so the site's reviewer called it inoffensive but they didn't consider it from a toddler's developmental point-of-view. I was wavering for a while (and shouldn't have), but finally turned it off when the villain scooped up a baby and threatened to harm it unless the heroes fulfilled some prophecy for him. My twins are still exclaiming "we don't like those bad guys" twenty minutes after I turned it off and they turned to another activity. Which is why I'm prompted to actually write something on this site. I'm not one of those over-protective moms, but even I was pretty surprised at how absolutely NOT for toddlers this movie is. At all.

Adult Written byAudreyHeburn1960 November 23, 2017

Flashback to my childhood

I loved this movie as a child. I was a big fan of fairy tales, and this one fit right in. I found the plot easy to follow along and fun. Now I think, it was not just fun, but doesn’t feel like it’s talkimg down to kids. Their are some scary parts with real bugs put into the CG, which are definitely a bit scary and could make some little ones jump a bit. Overall though, it’s not to bad and kids probably around 5 and older woud be fine. As an adult, I still love this film. The positivity is refreshing, and I still find the plot absolutely delightful. Definitely recommend!

Positive messages