All parent member reviews for Fantasia 2000

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 31, 2012

fantasia 2000

choice for young kids than the original. Families can talk about the way that music makes pictures in our heads, and experiment by asking children to draw pictures as they listen to music. How does the movie's music match each of its segments?
Educator and Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byMr.Haugen February 22, 2011

Great Music, Great animation

This is the favorite movie of my 2 year old. He loves the music, and often uses it as background music while he plays with other toys. Some things are slightly scary, but he doesn't watch it alone. Some of the older segments do show their age.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byParatrooperWife October 19, 2009

Beautiful and Exciting for Parents and Kids (who aren't overly sensitive)

I've been really big into exposing our kids to all different types of genre of music. This not only exposes them to some different styles of music, but different styles of animation as well. My kids have been watching this since the ages of 2 and 4 years old. Yes, there are some scariness issues for some more sensitive kids, like an evil jack-in-the-box with a freakishly large head trying to get rid of the tin soldier, Donald and Daisy duck thinking the other had perished in the flood, or the forest nymph being "eaten" by the gigantic lava bird. My kids have never been bothered by those images, though. They love the music and the stories told with them!! I grew up with the original Fantasia and I honestly prefer this 2000. We have the original and my kids were completely bored with it. I highly recommend this movie to kids who enjoy classical music that aren't overly sensitive to somewhat scary material.
Educator and Parent Written bysarahenit September 1, 2014

Beautiful!

My son, who is nearly 6, is sensitive to violence and scary images and music, but he watched Fantasia 2000 from start to finish without becoming afraid. He was wide-eyed in some parts and laughed in others, loving the entire thing. It's wonderful to find a film that kids love and that adults can enjoy, as well. Wonderful music and beautiful images!
Adult Written bynintendoman2010 April 9, 2008

music 2 everybodys ears

excellent movie, i like the way the music filled my head with a lot of pictures, but there were already pictures on the movie, that made it even better. there is only one part you need to be concerned about, in the one where the girl is forced to go to a lot of schools and learn stuff, toward the end, the ball she was playing with, falls down through the window and has to go get it, the ball ends up in the middle of a very busy street, she goes onto the road and almost gets run over by a semi-truck. Otherwise, its an excellent movie for kids to watch.