Campy but often violent comic book movie.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 15, 2010
not enough action
Adult Written byrhapsody722 April 9, 2008

great 1st movie for older kids

this was a fantastic movie for the first of hopefully many. There was just enough of a lead to keep teens involved, but not so much that a 8-11 yr old couldn't watch. There were 3 times when I was hoping it wouldn't go further-and it didn't. This was an accurate well told basis for the series to start. I give it 4 stars.
Adult Written byCrazy Chel April 9, 2008

Good start for the Fantastic Four

I know little of the Fantastic Four's background but I enjoyed this movie. My husband and I have agreed to let our kids (ages 2-10) see it since there was very little questionable content. No blood, no language (that I noticed), a few double meaning jokes and some action make up a decent family film. There wasn't as much action as I'd hoped for, but was is there is good.
Adult Written byChristianmom2 April 9, 2008

Great escapist fun

This movie is great for what it is - a comic book adaptation. I almost didn't see it based on other reviews I read, but I am glad I did. With a little creative fast-forwarding, even younger children could enjoy this. The performances by the actors are appropriate to the genre and the characters they play. Ioan Gruffudd has been unaccountably slighted in both reviews and marketing of the film.
Parent Written byMusicRock668 June 6, 2012

Fantastic Four is Awesome Superhero Movie !

this is Great Movie for Older Kids it has some very good Storyline and Enough Action yes is some Violence scenes with Doctor Doom i would't let Little kids watch this alone as some find him Scary language is much of isuss i say this Movie is ok watch with Adult for young kids ! is some sexual things but not that much very little not much blood !
Adult Written byquicksilver369 April 9, 2008

Family Friendly

A group of our friends with their kids and my husband and I took our kids (boys 3 and 5) and they loved it. It was not overly scary, violent, or sexual. It had a good story line so even the adults loved it. I would recommend this movie over any of the others this summer.
Adult Written bymorgandel April 9, 2008
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Big disappointment

Growing up with the comic book, I was really disappointed with the movie. I can't really put it into words - just an overall lack of something.
Adult Written byPennDisneyCEO August 8, 2015

Fantastic Four 2005 or Fantastic Four 2015?

First up, in terms of language: 2005 - Quite infaquaet mild including a-word only twice in the whole movie and otherwise basically just name-calling of each others, of which the most noticeable were "Eggman" "Sunshine Burn" and among others (A few insult words however.) that would be better for a PG rating instead. 2015 - ON A HIGH LEVEL SIMILAR TO "X-Man: The Days Future Past" with mostly words "S###" "Bulls###" and literately one heard able but not noted being said "F###" and just less of the name-calling of aforementioned words but rather the strong insulting words, and must been more than that. ########################################################## In terms of Violence. 2005 - "Quack" levels of violence throughout, but not always that existent enough still for a PG-13 rating deride-less of content associated with Violence, hmmmm... 2015 - A LOT MORE ACTION than needed actully, and even more bloody moments, gsh that gore in one portion of the film is more than enough to match the cause of Age of Uration two in a row. ################################################################# And in terms of Sex. 2005 - No Niftily content, thought one portion of that film seems fair and likey, but the rest is not too much for PG-13 rating if ever... 2015 - Alright, NOW THIS THE SERIOUS COMBINED said nuff!
Parent Written bymeandmyseldandi January 14, 2012

good

not too much violence it helsp tweens get a knowledge of good and evil
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Great for super hero lovers

Adult Written bymoviemadness April 9, 2008

So-So

Okay for preteens. Some iffy sex and violence, but nothing awful.
Parent Written byBrian H. March 18, 2017

No language? Wrong!

Well, I don't know who made this review, but so far we have heard. A--, h-ll, and G-d D-mn, all in the first 1/2 hour. So the reviewers are wrong. Fun movie, but this makes me miss vidAngel....!
Adult Written byDanny21 February 25, 2016

Recommended for preteens.

Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bydadofmace October 16, 2009

Okay, but please watch it with them.

I write this review as a parent, not critic. It was high time for a PG superhero movie release. I mean come on. Superheroes are the best for boys under 10. Finally a movie comes out that they can watch. Good stuff include the 4 heroes having a familial relationship and dealing with unwanted attention. Some of this will go over kids heads. The action is few and far between (something the sequel makes up for), but other than a couple very violent scenes with Doctor Doom, this movie is pretty fun.
Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i laughed

This movie is like watching superman on t.v. my kids loved it.
Adult Written byderlla April 9, 2008
Adult Written byPearl1 April 9, 2008
I Just want people to know there was a swear word in the movie. Ben said it. I'm disappointed that it was not made available in the reviews.
Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008