All parent member reviews for Fantastic Four

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 15, 2010

not enough action
Adult Written byCrazy Chel April 9, 2008

Good start for the Fantastic Four

I know little of the Fantastic Four's background but I enjoyed this movie. My husband and I have agreed to let our kids (ages 2-10) see it since there was very little questionable content. No blood, no language (that I noticed), a few double meaning jokes and some action make up a decent family film. There wasn't as much action as I'd hoped for, but was is there is good.
Adult Written bymorgandel April 9, 2008

Adult Written byquicksilver369 April 9, 2008

Family Friendly

A group of our friends with their kids and my husband and I took our kids (boys 3 and 5) and they loved it. It was not overly scary, violent, or sexual. It had a good story line so even the adults loved it. I would recommend this movie over any of the others this summer.
Adult Written byrhapsody722 April 9, 2008

great 1st movie for older kids

this was a fantastic movie for the first of hopefully many. There was just enough of a lead to keep teens involved, but not so much that a 8-11 yr old couldn't watch. There were 3 times when I was hoping it wouldn't go further-and it didn't. This was an accurate well told basis for the series to start. I give it 4 stars.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Great for super hero lovers

Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i laughed

This movie is like watching superman on t.v. my kids loved it.
Parent Written byMusicRock668 June 6, 2012

Fantastic Four is Awesome Superhero Movie !

this is Great Movie for Older Kids it has some very good Storyline and Enough Action yes is some Violence scenes with Doctor Doom i would't let Little kids watch this alone as some find him Scary language is much of isuss i say this Movie is ok watch with Adult for young kids ! is some sexual things but not that much very little not much blood !
Parent Written bymeandmyseldandi January 14, 2012

good

not too much violence it helsp tweens get a knowledge of good and evil
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bydadofmace October 16, 2009

Okay, but please watch it with them.

I write this review as a parent, not critic. It was high time for a PG superhero movie release. I mean come on. Superheroes are the best for boys under 10. Finally a movie comes out that they can watch. Good stuff include the 4 heroes having a familial relationship and dealing with unwanted attention. Some of this will go over kids heads. The action is few and far between (something the sequel makes up for), but other than a couple very violent scenes with Doctor Doom, this movie is pretty fun.
Adult Written byChristianmom2 April 9, 2008

Great escapist fun

This movie is great for what it is - a comic book adaptation. I almost didn't see it based on other reviews I read, but I am glad I did. With a little creative fast-forwarding, even younger children could enjoy this. The performances by the actors are appropriate to the genre and the characters they play. Ioan Gruffudd has been unaccountably slighted in both reviews and marketing of the film.
Adult Written byderlla April 9, 2008

Adult Written byPearl1 April 9, 2008

I Just want people to know there was a swear word in the movie. Ben said it. I'm disappointed that it was not made available in the reviews.
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Big disappointment

Growing up with the comic book, I was really disappointed with the movie. I can't really put it into words - just an overall lack of something.
Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymoviemadness April 9, 2008

So-So

Okay for preteens. Some iffy sex and violence, but nothing awful.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Ok

Not at all worth the try.
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008

Strangely, the PG-rated sequel was actually a little more violent then this one. Some scenes show people getting thrown into walls, and one innocent person gets thrown out of a door and lands on the sidewalk. In one scene, the bad guy hits another character with a bolt of electricity and it burns a hole through him (no blood is seen). The language is the main reason I'd give this a PG-13 rating. There was at least one "G" word, and several other expletives that should never be in a movie that's intended to appeal to kids.