All teen and kid member reviews for Fantastic Mr. Fox

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 10, 2010

Easily one of the greatest animated movies

Quirky for me usually means just awkward situations involving hipsters. This movie was quirky, but the dialouge and situations were hysterical. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at an animated movie since "Shrek." This is a cussin' great film for all to see, especially adults, and it stays true to the fantastic book of which it's based. Roald Dahl would be honored.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystripesanddots May 10, 2011
At first I thought this movie was really odd, but while the end, while I still felt that way, I really liked it. I didn't necessarily like the ending for some reason, but it was really good. There is a lot of violence (the farmers are trying to kill the animals), though.
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2010
fantastic mr fox has a good deal of action and smoking but in the end it has a good message about family and friends i loved it
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe movie fanatic June 12, 2012

Very Charming

Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox is a beautiful, charming, and funny kid friendly film. Ronald Dahl's children's tale feels as if it has not just been brought to life but given a life of its own. The quirky tale and Mr. Anderson's offbeat style complement each other perfectly, which is what makes this film feel so natural. The animation (which is sep-motion) looks strange at first, but grows on you as you begin to love the adorable characters and the world they inhabit. Stop-motion animation was the perfect choice for this film. It allowed the animators to completely control the facial gestures on the animals, these facial gestures incorporate themselves into the humor by the way. Wes Anderson is a director that is high on detail so stop motion is perfect for him. Yes, some of the humor might go over the kids heads but they will still fall in love with the beautiful style of the film. A definite must see, a true family film that is really for the whole family.
Kid, 9 years old August 23, 2011

Fantastic Mr Fox is fantastic!!!

I liked this movie a lot it was very entertaining. SUPER GREAT!!!!! That being said, this could scare younger children. My 3 year old sister is scared by the rat and the farmers. My 6 year old sister think it is good, but give it two thumbs up. But a rat flirting in the wile having of a knife fight and latin names and burning pinecone a attack it is not for your 2 year old.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 10, 2011

Fantastic Mr. Fox: Disguised black comedy

Fantastic Mr. Fox is such a slick animated film. Full of witty black humor, this is not some Pixar knock-off. This is an original creation. I guarantee there is nothing like this anywhere else. It will keep you laughing from start to finish. Note to parents: This is an ADULT movie, full of black humor and sly adult comedy. Even though there is not enough content in this to make it PG-13 or R, most of this humor will fly over your kids' heads.
Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2014

Fantastic Mr. Fox review of the stars

Fantastic Mr. Fox has some mild language saying "cuss" probably meaning a bad word. It also has shooting, fire, knives and alchohol.
Teen, 14 years old Written byuhwhat February 1, 2012

One of my favorite movies....

Probably more enjoyable for older kids and adults, but a cute movie none the less.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity March 23, 2010

Wes Anderson's made a cussing great animated film.

I have to admit: I love both Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favorite films) and Roald Dahl (Fantastic Mr. Fox is an excellent book). Putting them both together? Terrific. A director going out of his comfort zone into a new medium (for him, anyway) and getting it right? Much more so. Needless to say, Fantastic Mr. Fox is, hands-down, the best stop-motion film I've ever seen, second only to The Nightmare Before Christmas. After the titular Mr. Fox gets into a predicament, along with his wife, when he stole chickens from a farm, he vowed never to steal a chicken again. But two years later, Mr. Fox, his wife, their son Ash, and their nephew Kristofferson move into a tree. Mr. Fox's new landlord, a possum named Kylie, shows him that his family lives across from three of the most evil farmers in town - Boggis, Bunce, and Bean. So, Kylie and Mr. Fox both steal chickens and alcoholic apple cider from these farmers. This so-called "last heist" turns out to cuss up the entire population of this town. Now, an apologetic Mr. Fox and his family lead a rebellion against the farmers. A very good story, but that's not just what makes this film relatable (like Anderson's other films). Ash, Mr. Fox's son, is a bitter and rebellious teen who hates his gifted cousin, Kristofferson, because he can do everything that Ash can't. But they become friends later on after Kristofferson is put in danger (that's all I'll say), and Mrs. Fox offers Ash words of encouragement: everyone is fantastic in their own way. These are really good messages. As such, this is a film for the whole family, even with the bad content (there's some). Besides the obvious stealing, there are brief action sequences involving some shooting (Mr. Fox's tail falls off and becomes Bean's trophy), kidnapping, and explosions. The stop-motion animated style lessens the impact somewhat. Also, some people and animals get drunk on cider, and Bean always has a cigarette in his mouth. However, Bean's a bad guy, so it's OK. Overall, SEE FANTASTIC MR. FOX. Just take my word for it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmma_Rose June 12, 2016

Not innapropriate for kids, but might be difficult to comprehend

This movie is not for kids, but maybe not for the reasons one might think. It has some themes of familial problems that might go over a kid's head. Also, I don't recommend watching it with your kids if you haven't seen Wes Anderson's movies before. Fantastic Mr Fox may not be as violent or innapropriate as some of his other films, but you can still see his quirky touch. That being said, I first watched this movie when I was 9 and still watch it today. I loved it as a kid, but probably didn't understand as much as I do now. Of course, I was always called an old soul so if you have children that can't grasp complex concepts and situations, this movie probably isn't for you.
Kid, 8 years old March 20, 2016

GREAT MOVIE!!!

Fantastic mr. fox is a great movie, because well if you have read the book it kinda matches up and you want to watch the movie over and over and over and over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I Love,love,love,love,love,love,love,love, LOVE the movie
Teen, 17 years old Written bydanny 7000 February 28, 2016

fantastic mr fox is not for little kids

i think fantastic mr fox is a amazing movie but its not for little kids because it is really vilonte the farmers try to kill mr fox with switch blades and guns and mr fox gets his tail shot off and he kills the rat by electrocuting him and bean is always seen with a ciggarite in his mouth and he makes alcoholic cider and its just really sophisticated with that being said fantastic mr fox is for a slightly older aduience and i dont reccomend it for anyone under the age of 13
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2015

The Fox is out of the Box!!!!!

This is a great movie with the full description of Roald Dahl's book. My only complaint is that it has a mention of rabies. But really this is one of my favorite movies for families.
Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2014
Absolutely one of the best stop-motion films ever. It's entertaining, hilarious and fun for the whole family. Wes Anderson did well for the movie and the cast were excellent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjulijusFox January 28, 2014

Nice!!!

I really liked this film. At the first time I saw the films about 10 minutes I thought well its strange, but then my waching didn't stop and I really loved it. What things did I got from this film? Well one of them is- think and plan you're further actions. The second thing what is good about this film is: there were no swearing at all. The word cuss isn't a swearing word. The third thing is that this film shows what it is to be a clever and smart person. I mean look at Mr.Fox. My opinnion is the best animated film I ever saw in my life. There's one more thing: one book, one film. I want more!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byluiysia June 29, 2013

Good movie but not for everyone.

I liked the characters and the movie in general a lot but it seems directed at a very specific audience that I can't really name. None of the violence is really very scary (though your mileage may vary on this one) and the puppets are excellent and not uncanny valley-ish at all, even for the humans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz June 16, 2013

Hilarious! Just not for the littler ones

I like the story, the jokes, and the animation. However, It's not for any two-year old. All of the characters replace bad words with the word, cuss, and the morals in the film seem more mature. Ages ten and up will enjoy it more.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 18, 2012

Really good!

When I saw how highly rated this movie was I was thinking "really?", but I am so glad I saw it. It was really good! It will probably entertain adults more than children, but it's fine for every age. Their is a little gun violence, some drinking, and bad words are replaced with the word "cuss" which I thought was a little weird. Good family movie for families with older kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 6, 2012

crude animation and nonsense come together in this bland, poorly made film

this was a complete disaster. this movie is a fail in every way, with ugly looking animation, stupid chracters, and a very stupid, nonsencical story that will throw off little kids and more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEricCarrRulez January 23, 2012

Groovy.

I thought this movie was fantastic. The animation was done great.