Kid reviews for Fantastic Planet

A jarring examination of racism and intolerance.

Kid, 9 years old September 13, 2011

PG-V-S

I give it PG V-S

Teen, 15 years old Written bySempronius October 6, 2018

Unique and atmospheric

This film possesses unique animation that lets you appreciate it more than others. Some people view traditional animation as labour intensive, and where not all the work is appreciated. This film’s animation style, something i was blown away by, is in the middle of Soviet cardboard stop motion and Richard Williams animated mastery. The hatching and sophisticated style is amazing to watch. You can watch it just for the anination. Moreover, the story of this film is a great allegory, as it includes creativity and unforgettable imagety - something most failed allegories lack. I would recommend it to film and animation fans, if not everyone. Parents, nudity occurs in this film. Nipples are shown. But that shouldn’t concern anyone. I watched the ‘night on bald mountain’ part of Fantasia throughout my youth, and was not traumatised. Nipples are something we all have. Anyway, this film is great. Watch it. Its rare that such a unique animation occurs. With amazing animation and an interesting story, it deserves more attention than it gets.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPme1223 August 13, 2018

Fantastic Movie

One of the best animated films of all time