Kid reviews for Father of the Year

Father of the Year Poster Image

funny

great movieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I watched this with my *mature* 7 year old brother and he thought it was hilarious. I watched it before letting him watch it. There is strong language and sex talk and some scenes of butts but nothing too bad. Maybe not for a child my brothers age but he liked it. Drinking is present and a little bit of people getting hurt. Most questionable thing by far is the language they use. I do find it funny a lot of them were former disney stars

SOOOO FUNNY

There is lots and lots of F-words but I am a 16 year old and it is super funny couldnt stop laughing, great actors. There is almost nudity but not quite.

Should be rated TV-MA

As of my writing of this review, this movie is rated as "TV-14" on Netflix. Netflix has been trying to casually make the F-word a norm at the TV-14 rating in a few teen-oriented TV shows and movies; however, they usually only used a few, which I was willing to forgive since PG-13 movies are also allowed one or two F-bombs. This movie has a hundred uses of the F-word. (Yes, that's an official count.) The trailer suggests some risque humor but the profanity is sure to be a surprise to anyone who just sees the TV-14 rating. As someone who stands for the integrity of and appropriate, consistent standards for the rating systems, I suggest complaining to Netflix that this should be rated as TV-MA. They changed the rating of Atypical to TV-14 after complaints that it was perfectly suitable for teenagers - they should be responsible and understand when something is for mature audiences only as well.

Pretty good

I thought the movie was pretty funny. When I watched it there was no common sense review so I had no idea what to expect. It wasn’t too bad, just lots of swearing but nothing that a normal teen wouldn’t hear at school. The violence is played for laughs and it’s not even bad. There is one part where a couple go skinny dipping but it doesn’t show anything except for a split scene of the boy’s butt. The characters say some mature things so just make sure your kid is mature and won’t repeat what they hear in this movie and then it should be ok for teens 13 up.