All parent member reviews for Final Destination 5

Parent Written bytvj February 4, 2012

Please think about what you are letting your family watch

Heightening of the lack of moral regard for life and decay of our cultures choice of entertainment.
Adult Written byTheCr4zyCritic July 23, 2015
Adult Written byGDTSP July 3, 2012

Funny acupuncture scene

I watched it with one of my friends, (in 2D on DVD) and we thought what happened before the acupuncture death scene was HILARIOUS with the old woman giving him a painful massage and stuff.
Adult Written bywkuk1 August 16, 2011

It's all about your ability to handle it. Spoilers including all the death scenes!!!!

Overall, it's no worse or more brutal in my opinion then 2-4 except the deaths are a little more realistic. Horror movies shouldn't be based on violent content but by how strong your stomach is to handle seeing it. Language and sexual content is nothing at all in the movie i didn't even notice any swearing. *Spoilers* (read this only if you want to know all the deaths to judge and prepare yourself) Premontion: A girl is impaled on a ship mast when the bridge collapses, a man is pushed against the front of a bus when it falls off the bridge and it hits water killing him, a woman falls into the water safely and then a car falls off the bridge killing her, a wire from the bridge swings violently graphically kills a man (gory), hot tar burns a mans body leaving him all bloody and then he falls off the bridge, rebars are released off a truck and impaled through a mans head and body and then he hits the base of the bridge with a very gory result, a metal sheet slices a man in half. Death scenes (BIG SPOILERS,ONLY READ IF YOU WANT TO PREPARE): -A girl steps on a nail on a balance beam and then falls into a bowl of powder blinding another girl swinging on an gymnastics bar causing her to release falling awkwardly and graphically snapping in half with her legs curled over her head and her bones broken piercing through the leg. (Gruesome and very gory) -A man recieves acupuncture and a fire causes him to fall from the bed having the needles pierce through his body, he wakes up removes a needle (bloody) and crawls from a fire and then a Buddah statue from the wall falls crushing his head only leaving him with a bloody stump. (in my opinion the goriest scene) - after a laser eye surgery procedure goes wrong, a girl is cut in the eye by the laser and then tries to shield it with her hand only causing more bloody scars due to the laser. the doctor and two other people walk in and her eye is very bloody, she then steps on a teddy bears eye causing her heel to break and falls out the window of the building onto a car. Her eye rolls into the street and is hit by a car (squishing is heard) -a man grabs on to a falling hook and is impaled through the chin and then the hook pierces out through the top of his head (surprising) -a wrench is hurled from a fan into a mans skull (the wrench is seen through his eye area and it is very graphic and unexpected) - a man kills another man with a large cooking skewer like object through his back and out through is chest (made for the 3D) -a plane explodes killing hundreds -a girl thrown from the plane is cut in half by the planes wing (brutal) -a man is burnt to death in the planes fire -the wheel from the plane crushes a man in a bar and his hand is thrown into the screen (comedic) On top of the graphic death scenes there are many surprise scenes that will make you jump such as a meat blender so be ready and have a strong stomach but in reality if you've seen the previous films you'll be able to handle it!
Parent Written byGuyaguy October 26, 2013

Nonsense death scenes

Stupid accidental deaths of kids, which might scare kids watching the movie and turn them into hypochondriacs. A girl falls from gymnast uneven parallel bars and snaps her back in half from falling on her head, which would happen if you had a back made of string cheese. Another girl simply falls against a high rise office window breaking it and falling to her death, which is just nonsense and goes against physics.
Adult Written bywonder dove May 22, 2012

Not bad, very watchable!

I think that this film is just fine for viewers 15 and over - like others' stated...not sure why CommonSense rated it "not for kids". It's not that gory, of course there's violence that's what these movies are all about - but not overly done. Some drinking, and there's absolutely no sexual content that I came across - well except for minimal flirting here and there. I thought the deaths were more unique than the other Final Destination movies, which made it more fun & appealing. Acting was very good ( I love Emma Bell!) but in a more comedy-like manor, like the 2nd one in the series. It's definitely watchable, and to complete my collection I just bought the DVD!
Parent Written byMewmewfancycakes January 30, 2012

Horrible

I hated the movie. I watched it with my 18 year old and by the end of the movie I can say we were both disturbed to say the least. Very gory much more then the others. Also constantly curse. Drinking is there and intimacy. Not for kids or for me!
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 January 21, 2012

the best FD movie ever!!!

Great movie just not for children. but hey parents these days let there kids watch anything so best age 9 and up. they might be scared but its a risk to take death that is!!!
Adult Written bystaticboy88 January 6, 2012

Older Teens should be able to handle the graphic violence.

A suspenseful, taut horror film with an ending guaranteed to blow the minds of fans of the series. There is no sex, drugs or nudity and only sporadic language. The main concern is the brutal, grisly death scenes which are rendered in great detail. Shouldn't be an issue for older teens.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 October 17, 2011

Oh boy here we go...

Fifth time for Final Destination to show up. This movie has intense peril, violence,horror,gore,language and drugs. The death scenes are funny but don't take them seriously or youre not gonna be fine lol :P
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 17, 2011

not for kids.

like all the final destination movies this Final Destination 5 is a waste of time and it is poorly made and this movie is not for kids expect this movie only for adults and parents you need to know that Final Destination 5 is very gruesome and has lots of intense gruesome bloody violence shows how people died in gruesome ways it also has some strong language used and some drinking used.
Adult Written bynduns August 13, 2011

Better than number 4

Yeah, I'll say this, this was a pleasant surprise... it wasn't the worst in the franchise. See, up until FD4, every film from this franchise was weaker than its predecessor. FD1 I thought was good as it was actually scary, FD2 felt more like a comedy but wasn't terrible, FD3 was just flat-out bad, FD4 was a piece of garbage... this one's more along the lines of the second Final Destination, not exactly good but not a horrid piece of garbage either. If you're a fan of this franchise, I actually recommend this one.
Adult Written bykmoviefanntic August 12, 2011

Not a "Family Movie!"

I would not suggest this to younger children, I just watched it today with my friends, and even they were grossed out!. It is a very, very gory movie! I suppose I would recommend this movie if you are into the FD series, or want the thrills, but I would not say to take your 4 year old to watch it, because that is too much. I personally thought it was....interesting, I am a fan of the FD series, and I am 22 years old. Its pretty gross! (: