Parent and Kid Reviews on

Finch Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 4 parent reviews

Sort by:

Excellent but extremely tense and suspenseful

Our family doesn’t watch scary or tense movies because we have very sensitive eyes and brains that tend towards re-seeing everything over and over again. The messages, the tone, the values are all so excellent, and the characters are outstanding. My 11 and 13 year old girls couldn’t get through the first few minutes—they do show corpses, which aren’t very fully captured, but they do look scary, and the music and cinematography makes you think something awful is about to happen. My husband and I absolutely loved the movie, and families who watch more violent genres than we do might find success watching together as a family. If you’re unsure, watch alone without the kids to decide, because you won’t mind watching it again—it’s that good.

4 people found this helpful.

Futurist Boomsday 'Cast Away'

Tom Hanks certainly brings all of his amazing acting. You can't help staying curious with the character development. Thought provoking. 13 year old really liked it and we appreciated the lower tone of violence and stimulus.

Too dark

Mortality is a heavy theme throughout the movie which made it difficult to enjoy - my kids felt a general sense of impending doom watching it. The storyline was thin - with gaps in logic that distracted from the movie. On the positive side, the robot was sweet and funny.

Baby’s first post-apocalyptic film.

I’m a fan of the post-apocalyptic genre and found this one as compelling as a lot of the other media I’ve seen but with more heart and a much softer tone than many of the harsher content out there. The movie often hints or talks of the horrors of survival in the end of times without actually needing to show those horrible things. There is still sadness, peril and suspense. Definitely a movie suited for a more mature or teenage audience as the Themes were quite intense at times. But still a very enjoyable movie with a message of hope at the end.