Kid reviews for Finding Nemo

Sweet father-son tale has some very scary moments.

Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2011

Just Keep Swimming!

I remember watching this movie when I was little. I always liked it, and I still do. It's a great and fun movie with some positive role models: Marlin is a loving father who cares deeply for his son Nemo, and will not rest until he finds Nemo when he is taken away by divers. Dory is a good friend and helps when she can. However, there are many scary parts that younger kids may be frightened by: There's a barracuda at the beginning that ends up killing Nemo's mother and almost all of her eggs. There are sharks who, at first claim to be friendly with the fish, but end up attacking (no characters are hurt, though the chase scene is very intense). There's also a swarm of jellyfish that end up leaving a character fatally wounded. There's a Deep Sea Anglerfish ("Light Fish") who attacks (again, the characters get away unharmed). One part that is iffy is that a whale, at one part in the movie, mistakenly swallows up two characters; some kids may find this scary (I was always terrified, and still am, at this part, but I have cetaphobia). As you can see, there are many frighting scenes in the movie. Language is okay, though there is some name calling. Overall, this is a good movie, but note, for young and sensitive children, you may want to skip the scary parts. I rate this movie 3 stars. :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 16, 2011

One of my fave movies as a kid!

I loved this movie as a kid! I would watch this like, 24/7! The part where the shark smells the blood and attacks scared me as a kid. Same with the part where a light ends up being this scary fish (I forget what it's called) and he attacks as well. But I still loved it. Warning: This movie may scare children under the age of 8 years.

Kid, 11 years old March 17, 2015

For 5 year olds seriously?

This story is clearly about a man's wife who is brutely murdered by a serial killer and his son is left phiscally disable. A few years later his son is kiddnapped and the dad hass to track the kidnapper thousands of miles with the help of a mentally disable woman. Scary! Not very appropriate tut tut disney! xDD

Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Good for any age

I love this movie! My favorite character is Dory, She is very funny!

Teen, 16 years old Written byolympicmascots May 29, 2016

Good educational moive

Finding Nemo is a really good movie. It can teach children how aquatic animals interact with each other and what they look like. There is one scary scene that involves a menacing angler fish.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

No No for Nemo

This would be downright scary for little kids. The movie needs to be PG for everything scary about.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

Dull.

Much to everyone's surprise, I didn't like finding Nemo. It was boring and dull, and to make things worse, everyone wants to watch it again and again, and keeps repeating those same old stupid one liners. I dislike this movie and all that stems from it. And having Dory in it is offensive. There are many people out there with short-term memory issues like that and I think it's offensive to create a character that mocks that.
Kid, 10 years old April 29, 2017

Love it!!!!!!!

The only reason that I didn't put up five stars, is that it is more low-key than I expected it to be. If you have watched scary talking-animals movies, this is nothing serious. Animals are mostly funny and cute, but do NOT show this movie to kids under eight, cause the shark and the lantern-y fishy guy are pretty scary. Also, Nemo's mom is killed in the beginning by some eel-y type thing. I totally recommend this movie to kids who are ready for the light drama and suspense!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2009

Finding the Fantastic

This movie is one of the best I've seen. It's appropriate for kids 7 and up. There a couple of people that might scare kids: The barracuda, Bruce the shark, and Darla the evil niece. The places that may scare younger viewers is the barracuda eating the mom and kids, the shark trying to eat them, and Darla shaking Nemo. The barracuda eating the mom and kids didn't show them getting eaten, but it suggests it. Gill almost said a bad word this movie has a fact that sea turtles live to be over 100 years old. It's moral and message is to stay close to your parents. Don't wander off. Dori is a good role model because she keeps high hopes. I would give this movie five stars.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCraCraGal October 14, 2017

A Very Good Movie!!

What families need to know is that the "Grown ups" (Or shall I say big babies) clearly too overprotective. This show is sweet and perfect for kids! It is in my top 3 Pixar movies! The only thing I shall warn you and your child is the scary Great White, Bruce. There are a few sad/scary parts like causing the audience to believe died. Otherwise it's a very fun movie!

Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2015

Heartbreaking,moving comedy is sad and very intense.

Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2015

Good movie NOT FOR 2-6 YEAR OLDS!!!

It's a good movie, but it is NOT for little kids. It has some VERY SCARY SCENES FOR LITTLE KIDS. but it didn't bother me.

Kid, 6 years old January 25, 2010

Good movie - sort of like it.

So so movie. Ignore Merlin's (Merlin is Nemo's dad) language because it is not very good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBellaCullen1120 September 12, 2009

The best movie u will ever c

i luv this movie i don't care that im 13 and i luv this becuz it's an awesome movie i can't get enough of it

Teen, 13 years old Written byJeremiah-gary May 13, 2017

Way too scary and Horrifying for Younger children

This movie is Very Scary And Horrible! It's a horrendous movie. My three little sisters got Very Scared by the shark smelling the blood and attack Marlin and Dory. My Kids got Very Frightened by it And Their Dresses got Ripped as they were sreaming

Teen, 15 years old Written byDylan the reliable October 17, 2014

Finding Nemo review

It is one of the best movies I have seen. It is very innocent and fun. Except for a couple scenes of being chased down by sharks and a big fanged fish, it is absolutely appropriate and entertaining. Great movie for the whole family!

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2016
Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2015

Great Family Movie!

This movie is enjoyable to children and adults of all ages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieNerd02 June 30, 2018
This film is gorgeously written, gorgeously animated and a must watch for all! However, like all Pixar movies, there are some very tense moments. I find that this film is the strongest example of this. In the opening, a large, sharp fish kills Marlin's wife and kids (except for one, obviously Nemo). It doesn't show it onscreen, yet since this is five minutes in, it can be a shock to people of all ages. In another scene, Marlin and Dory are chased by sharks. If your child is scared of sharks, this will definitely scare them, especially since the animators did an excellent job at emphasising just how small the main characters are. As great as this film is, young children will be scared. For two year olds, it will just go over their heads, however if I recommended it 2+, that would take away the fact that most children between 3 and 8 will be scared.

Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

WATCH IT

CLASSIC. Of course let your kids watch it, when you think about it, it deals with a lot, memory loss, fish dying, fish go missing, Australia, a lot. What kid hasn't seen this film?