Parent and Kid Reviews on

Flash Gordon (1980) Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 7 kid reviews

Sort by:

A truly daring and action-packed movie it changed me as a child, and it was ahead of its time! ♫FLASH AHH HE SAVED EVERYONE OF US!♫

This is an amazing masterpiece this film changed me when I saw it as 12-year-old boy. Whenever I see it, I get rush of nostalgia! Its daring and sometimes scary! Action packed fighting maybe a bit scary! I would recommend this to anyone truly a masterpiece! In summary it was ahead of its time daring scary and action packed!

1 person found this helpful.

Sci-fi comic-strip movie is too intense for younger kids.

1 person found this helpful.

Flash Gordon is good and has a bit of action. Ming the Merciless can be a little creepy but okay for nine year olds. I'm younger than nine and I found it fine.

Kids won't be as scared but there is some violence.

This movie is cheesy, fun and never takes itself seriously AND THAT IS A PERFECT MOVIE this movie may not be for some people but defiantly me I love this movie but there is some scary and violent scenes that older kids probaly won't be scared of.

a shockingly explicit, yet hilarious movie

this movie is actually really sexualised!! the girls are dressed really really skimpily and the girl villain uses her sexuality to lure Flash and bascially does this to every guy. There's alot of touching and fondling of men and women clearly in a sexual way. Flash even says "wow this girl is really turning on" while Aura fondles him and comes uncomfortably close. Aura says "my dad takes a power potion before making love". It's quite clear Ming only wants women for sex, the women are only represented for their sexuality except for sometimes Dale who tries to fight aliens. There is also a bit of harsh violence like the impaling of a villain and eyes getting ripped out. It was so bad but so good because everything in it was ridiculous and it was just so funny to see how messed up it was.

Cheesy, But Very Fun!

Violence: [3/5] There is some comic violence, but there is not a lot of blood. Sex And Nudity: [2/5] There are some mild references. There is one very brief reference to necrophilia. Profanity: [2/5] There is some mild dialogue. Drugs/Alcohol/Smoking: [1/5] There is some occasional drinking. Disturbing Content: [2/5] Any violence or intense moments are comical. Overall Recommended Rating: PG-13.

A bit dumb

This movie is not the best, but ok