All parent member reviews for Flicka

Adult Written byZooMommy April 9, 2008

A PG movie your kids could watch

It's so hard to find acceptable media for little kids! We've run out of G-rated movies for our pizza and movie night - I previewed this one and it is pretty cute. We let our boys (age 5 and 6) watch it with us because there isn't violence between people or sexual issues. We talked about the issues w/ horses.
Adult Written byancillaDomini April 9, 2008

Not as appropriate as I thought

I was not pleased to discover the following in the movie: 1. A bathtub scene in which you can see the lead girl's breast between her arm and her bare back 2. A teenage girl jumping out from behind a tree in a very skimpy bikini (which is displayed off and on for the next several minutes) 3. The same teenage girl, while still in her bikini, snuggling very closely with her boyfriend Had I known about these things, the movie would not have entered my home.
Parent Written byCarefulaboutmovies January 20, 2014

Great family movie but also emotionally intense

Overall wonderful family movie especially for those that love anything horsey! Yes, some cheesy acting and such but it didn't detract from the general beauty of the movie. I will say that Common Sense Media missed the part in which the girlfriend of the brother does wear a string bikini. Didn't feel too innapropriate but my 7 year old girl did make a comment about it. Movie does have some very intense scenes, emotional roller coaster. Though it has a very happy ending--there is a point in which you think the horse will be shot and I even cried. If your child is very sensitive and emotionally fragile you may want to watch it yourself first. The scene where the horse gets attacked is also scary and intense. My daughter handled it well but I did have to keep reminding her that it is make-believe and not real and that the horse ends up ok at the end. Love the strong, confident, brave girl who is the lead in this movie and I love that she is always outside and getting dirty....our kids need more of that!
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

Slightly scary

few scary and intense scenes. There are cliff scenes shown from a helicopter which can be seen as a tad frightening as the horses go right up to the edge
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byamymarr August 4, 2011

Great for horse-loving girls!

My 7yo is really into horses now, and she really enjoyed this film. There were a few parts that were a little tense for her, but she rallied and was really happy with the way things turned out. She is excited now to read the book, too!
Adult Written byHorsejumper October 5, 2009

Good show

Flicka is a good show it show the bond between a girl and her mustang.
Adult Written byjgast April 9, 2008

A must see movie for ALL !!!

this was suppose to be dad and daughters day, but I am really glad they invited me along. This was a great movie and is awesome for any mom also, especially if they are daddys girl. I have never read the book, and they say books are better than the movies, I dont see how this could have been. If you are looking for a great family movie this is it...
Parent Written byzeuann April 9, 2008

good movie but could frighten little ones

I took my 7 yr old horse lover to see this and we both really enjoyed it. However my daughter had lots of questions after the movie. "Why did the girl not listen to her parents?" "Why was she in trouble in school?" Because she didn't listen to her parents, she ended up getting hurt (a lot) by Flicka. There were a few scenes where 2 teens were kissing. Other than that I really didn't notice any other "adult" themes in this movie. This was a very good family movie, enjoyable for everyone.
Adult Written byMemelee April 9, 2008

i loved it

i absolutely loved this movie.. a group of girls and i went to see it the day it came out. i ended up tearing my 7year old horse loving nice to see it, she loved.. being a daddy's girl that was raised around horses and live stock this movie hit home in so many ways
Adult Written bymabirch April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycarlywithcurls April 9, 2008

This is so touching!

I never wanted to see this movie, but when my sister was watching it at home, it caught my attention and I thought it was really good, I almost even cried. There is some killing and curse words in this movie so I would say it's PG-13, but it is definetely appropriate for kids 9+, as long as they can handle violence.
Adult Written bysmiller136 April 9, 2008

Horse lovers, watch out!

This is a wonderful movie with many opportunities to see horses being horses. There is a scene where a horse is attacked by a wild lion which was extremely disturbing to my horse crazy girl. Be prepared to possibly deal with this scary and upsetting scene. Other than that, it's a keeper!