Teen, 13 years old Written byluverofhorses April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bySapphire Fire August 10, 2009

Let your Spirit Run Free with Flicka

Flicka is a beautiful betrayal of the love shared between a girl and her horse- a mustang filly. It is about realizing- after harsh consequences- that nothing is worth separating yourself from the ones who love you most. I recommend this for families.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

i cried

I LOVED IT SO MUCH, YOU ROCK!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2010

So Sad!! (Definitely worth watching!!)

I really love Flicka. It is a very different to the old Flicka but is such a great story. I cried, and cried, and cried a lot as their are some heartbreaking scenes. It is a fantastic movie displaying that the impossible can be done by taming a wild/crazy horse without the support of your parents.
Teen, 14 years old Written byidonthaveone000 June 14, 2016

Amazing!!!

This movie is an amazing masterpiece! I say 9 and up because of an upsetting scene near the end that may scare the younger kids. In the middle, there is a joke that most kids (At least the non-horsey ones) wont get. (Lead adult male is acting upset about Flicka; the buyer suggesting castration) There is a little light swearing The only thing is that, if you are hoping for a movie based on the book My Friend Flicka, this is not the movie for you. In that situation, I would suggest watching the movie under the same title. All-around amazing movie I would recommend to anyone!
Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2009

depends

i really liked this movie. A girl and her horse
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

flicka the movie

flicka is an inspiring movie , I always cry a little when I watch it.....flicka is an movie to inspire girls to follow their dreams and be who they want to be. flicka sends a message to every one in a different way......as you can tell flicka is my favorite movie. I think that this movie should be shared with more people! this is a true movie on how a girls life would go......the way its filmed it seems like a real hose hold family. My dream is to go to the set of that movie! one day.......!
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2010
love it
Teen, 16 years old Written byArabianHorses July 14, 2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I love horses and its hard to find great horse movies these days but this one wasn't just great it was AMAZING! I love this movie. Probably one of my all tim favorites :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 1, 2010

good movie

the movie is very very good. There is one scene where the horse gets attacked by a wild animal and his injuries are shown. Also there is peril and some unsuitable language for kids under 8 years of age.
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2009

great for 9+

I love flicka i cried in scenes but i think it is a great movie filled with passion and i love horses i also think tim mcgraw is an awesome actor
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 15, 2009

Great film, but language can be a concern

This is an amazing movie. Yes, there is some swearing in it, unfortunately, so this may not be good for your kids. But, it's such a good movie, it really is.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisscompetitive April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

Touching

You definetly need to see this movie it is about a girl and she loves her horse. You will love it no matter what ! ! ! !
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2013

Inspiring film

I am a horse back rider and I was completely inspired after watching this movie. I loved it and it was so touching. Tis is a great movie if you love horses. The setting is so beautiful.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

I HATE horse movies, so I hated this. Its a piece of junk. Boring!

Before you read my review, I need you to know that I am a person who absolutely LOATHES horse or dog or pig movies. Sometimes I wonder, how could anybody in the world like this movie? It's boring, corny, and absolutely nothing new. "Flicka" follows the same traditional and very boring story that just about every horse/dog/pig movie uses. Girl or boy gets a horse/dog/pig and then is told by an adult that she/he can't keep it because of so&so a reason. Then he/she is forced to battle all the adults in her life and get the animal back so that there can be a nice happy ending. Flicka is absolutley nothing new. Some girls may want to see it, but I, being a boy, will hate it as every other boy will no matter what. A very familiar plot, extremely cheesy sequences. The only nice thing is the countryside you get to see once in a while. But still, this is a very boring and pointless movie. There is one word for a film like this: LAME!

I cried

It is an amazing movie but it gets very sad and I cried.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNocturnal April 9, 2008

You call this a movie?

Now, before you read my review, understand that I love horses. How ever, I also love violence. So forgive me when I say that this is one of the most boring things I have ever seen. It had the same plot as all the other horse and/or dog movies, that a child gets a horse or dog, can't keep it for whatever reason, and has to fight he adults to keep it. The book was in no way related to the book, aside from the title. I'm sure that people who enjoy "wholesome movies with a moral" will like it, but I go to a movie to be entertained, not for a some cheesy moral.