Kid reviews for Flipped

Coming-of-age romance brings light touch to heavy themes.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

young love for tweenagers

this movie is so good

Kid, 12 years old December 28, 2010

Actually follows the book! See it!

This is one the first movies that actually follows the book perfectly. Every scene is there, the actors portray the characters perfectly, and the overall theme of the movie is clearly stated. The language is very iffy for a PG. Jacks**t, god****t, hell, and as*h**e are all said by the characters. There is some thematic material such as talk about mental retardation and a man always thinking about his dead wife. Even though it maybe should have been PG-13, this is a fantastic coming of age story.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEvonyflyer December 26, 2010

Great Movie!

There was way too much profanity for a supposedly "PG" film. But, it was an amazing movie!! I personally would recommend it to alot of teens my age.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGBBB December 6, 2015

SOOOO great!

It was such a cute movie! The language is a little too strong for a PG movie though. A great movie altogether!

Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2013

Seriously,It's like the best movie of all time.

I enjoyed Flipped.I had read the book and loved it,and remembered there was a movie about it.I rented it and my mother and I watched it.The movie follows the book nicely.The sycamore tree,Fixing up Juli's yard,And my favorites,Basket Boys auction,The Eggs and Uncle Daniel.If you are planning to watch this,I recommend reading the book first.There is also a new moment in the film,at the end,where Bryce and Juli plant a sycamore tree together in Juli's front yard.Director Rob Reiner adds a lot of spice too.I Loved the acting,plot,and just all of it.I Loved it so much I watched again on Sunday night with my father.It's just one of those movies where you can forget about all your daily troubles and worries.I think everyone on here should have given five stars.Content is pretty good.Language is about it.Some moments make make little kids(6 and 7 year olds) scared,because they are thematic.Mix in Humor,Romance,and just a good time,you get Flipped.I recommend to this everyone i know,along with the book. I have been talking about this movie so much in school.I have it's picture on my binder,and,IT'S JUST SO GREAT!BUY IT!RENT IT!READ THE BOOK! P.S. The actor,Madeline Carroll,who played Juli Baker was pretty.
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2016

This movie is amazing!!!

I watched this movie with my mom and I think it's very good. Probably not best for 9 and under. Great mom-and-me movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNathanCJohnson July 16, 2013

Fantastic movie!

I love this movie. It has good messages and teaches good family values. There were some swear words used like "hell," "a--hole," "jacksh--," "God da--," and "bullsh--." (I do agree though that Mr. Loski was an a--hole.) It could've done without those words but all of the words that I mentioned are used only once with an exception for "hell," which is used a few different times throughout the movie.

Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2012

AMAZING!!!

I read the book first, then i saw the movie alone at home.It was amazing!Exactly how i pictured it.Almost everything was the same way it was in the book.Except their is some language in there.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 13, 2012

Flipped is a great movie to enjoy even though its not my favorite

I loved it and even though it wasnt my favorite its still an enjoyable movie

Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2012

Flipped. "An amazing book that is unforgetable"

Great! When you see this movie or read the books- that is the word that goes through your mind. this movie/ books is highly suggested to everyone that is 11+. The reason it is recommened for 11+ is becasue it is abotu a love relationship between a girl and a boy that goes on from when they were 7 years old and up until they were in middle school. When Bryce the boy says somehting that makes the girl upset- all of her feelings changed about him. Now he likes her. Now everything is flipped. This is an amazing story. Your never goign to want to put the book down.
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2015

Good film!

There is no inappropriate content in this film except from a few curses between the daughter and the father. 'Go to hell' and other insults are mentioned and the father slaps the daughter.

Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2012

Filpped great for tweens but not for young kids

It is a great movie after the novel. I sugest it for tweens and up. The language is dissapointing but otherwise it is awesome. Please let me know if my review was helpful to you.

Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2011

Good movie:)

I thought it was weird how the girl like the boy but he doesn't.Then the boy like her but the girl does not.Still a good movie

Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2011

Great Movie!

I think it was a great movie, but uses lots of bad language. It also mentions playboy magazine, and talks about it briefly. Otherwise, it is a good movie with a good message.

Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2017

Family friendly film with great messages

I was very surprised by how good this film was. I like it because the whole film is shot with two perspectives and it makes the film more interesting because you learn more about Julie Baker and Bryce Loski. I think that the movie was so good that it could be better than the book. This fun family film is about a girl named Julie Baker. She has had a crush on this boy named Bryce Loski since they where in the first grade. Bryce thinks that she is a mess, has no understanding of personal space. When Bryce gets older, he finds out that Julie is a great person. But Julie stops liking Bryce because he says that Julie’s backyard is so ugly that her chickens have salmonella in their eggs. This leads to trouble. The director, Rob Reiner directed some of my favorite movies, Stand by me”, “The Princess Bride”, “A Few Good Men” “When Harry Met Sally”, “The Wolf of Wall Street”, “Sleepless in Seattle”, “This is Spinal Tap” and much more. The reason I think this film is OK for kids nine and up is because it has some mild language. Nothing else other than it may be boring for anyone under nine or ten. Overall I recommend this film to pretty much everyone because it is so good.

Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2012

Flipped

This 60's-era love story is touching, yet funny. A man has a violent mental breakdown. Juli and Bryce's feelings for each other constantly change, but no actual kissing. Mild profanity is used twice. Other than the mature topics and language, this movie was pretty much squeaky clean. It was also very good.

Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2017

I really liked it, it was a really cute movie but there was some swearing I recommend but more for teens and teens rather then younger kids.

Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2011

Love it!

This movie is so cute! Although it does touch on some heavy subjects such as severe mental illness, Flipped is inspiring and somewhat light-hearted. This is a must see!

Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

funny comedy romantic

was really good

Teen, 15 years old Written byhayleyameila February 14, 2018

sooooo good

this movie was compelling and adorable