Kid reviews for Florence Foster Jenkins

Charming period comedy may not sing to younger viewers.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 17 years old Written bySir Darry Koenig August 25, 2016

Great Movie! - Preteens and Up

'Florence Foster Jenkins' was an amazing film with a great cast. Although the film seems a bit ridiculous, it is a mature comedy-drama, so it might not appeal to some pre-teens, even though it's okay for them to watch it. The film only has language, sexual references, and some drinking. What I enjoyed most about the film is that it wasn't a depressing film. From the start, you know the film is going to come to a sad end, but unlike other films about with a sad subject, it really isn't too depressing throughout the whole film. The film is actually quirky and funny. It can even be frustrating once you find out the couple has an "open relationship." I really think this was a great film and one of my favorite comedies of this year. It did make me cry, but as I said before, the film is entertaining throughout. Streep's character really has inspired me to never give up, even if I think I am bad at what I want to do.

Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2016

A great movie but lacking action

this movie was a great movie but lacking some action/adventure so adventure lovers please go see suicide squad!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe DragonKin October 26, 2016

The movie is boring and don't have a plot which they follow

Teen, 15 years old Written byIheartbunnies March 9, 2018

Entertaining, but not appropriate for kids

This was a hilarious movie, but almost everyone cursed—all the time! it’s a little too dark for younger kids because Florence has syphilis and her whole life is affected by it. She talks about her immoral first husband who gave her syphilis and while she and her second husband have a good, loving relationship, he does have affairs with other women. However, he helps her make her dream of opera singing come true even. Though she CANT sing at all. *SPOILER*** Florence dies at the end after the newspapers publish an article about how terrible her singing is.

Kid, 12 years old September 9, 2017

Funny

This movie is funny but I suggest that you watch this when you are 12. There are a lot of jokes that younger kids won't get. There is a a couple shown in bed but other than that it is a wonderful movie. I suggest watching it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHhh April 7, 2018

Sooooo good

Incredible acting, super funny, you MUST watch this 12+ because although it’s not inappropriate, the syphillus references, which are a big part of the plot, might not be understood by those younger than 12. Also, there are a couple of curse words and one scene where a couple wakes up after having had sex but they’re completely covered by a sheet. Drinking and smoking cigarettes

Teen, 15 years old Written byHockstetter27 August 26, 2018

Disturbing at it’s best. Too much potato salad.

The damage is done... My psysce is permanently altered.