All parent member reviews for Flushed Away

Adult Written byMichelleRL April 9, 2008

Not a poopy kid's movie!

If you have a thicker-skinned, movie-loving 4 year old or older, go see Flushed Away! The best animated movie I've enjoyed in a long, long time. I'd call it an "Action/Adventure" animated film, very action-packed, layers of detail in the scenes and plenty of adult references to other movies etc, to keep Mom & Dad's interest. I took my 4 & 5-1/2 boys and a 6 year old girl today, and we all really enjoyed it. This is not a good movie for kids who haven't ever been to the movies before; way too much going on if they're not used to a big screen experience. But I will look forward to buying this DVD and seeing it over & over & over if necessary, it's very fun! The movie title is the most potty talk you'll get from the movie, some over-their heads references that are hysterical IMHO, no swear words besides "idiot" I can think of, some cartoon-type "violence" and high-action adventure/race/escape scenes, but I don't feel there was anything inappropriate for my 4 or 5 year olds. It was so nice to go to a kid's movie and enjoy it as much as the kids did.
Adult Written byimersway April 9, 2008

Tedious, but not Terrible. Dissapointing, though...

If you are looking for some family time, go to a park instead, and watch this as a rental. Lots of bathroom humor, lots of burping, and body function humor. My 4 and 6 year olds thought those parts hilarious, though, plus the brit's refer to the rear as "Bum" which is easier on the ears.The fact the rudeness is in a british accent is helpful, too, cause lots of kids won't understand it anyway. Additionally, much of the humor was in the backgroud, i.e. a boat named "Floater,"etc, so many kids won't even get it. (Story takes place in a sewer)The annimation is great, and the characters are sweet, but really, the story is weak, a real disappointment from Wallace and Grommet. My 6 year old definately got bored, though my 4 year old didn't. She said afterward it was too long, and I agreed that parents will feel all 82 minutes of this one. Anyway, there you go...a better rental than spending the $ at the theatre...
Adult Written bykross April 9, 2008

Not bad for the kids but a bit boring for the adults

I took 4 boys to this movie ages 3-8 and they all enjoyed it. While I thought the animation was great and I loved the British accents, I was a bit disappointed with the movie as it didn't hold my interest like other Wallace & Gromit movies. I would recommend you save your money and rent it on DVD - better value for your money, especially with theatre prices these days.
Adult Written bynintendoman2010 April 9, 2008

ha! ha! that was funny!

that movie was funny!! though if u can't stand gross scenes which there are some in the movie like where Roddy and Rita do the gross handshake when making the deal(i don't even know why they made it a gross handshake), don't watch it. I liked the part where the French frogs came in the scene, especially the mime. There is a kissing scene where Roddy accidentally kisses a bride rat on her wedding day. Theres also a hugging scene in there toward the end when Rita gets the ruby and the emerald, don't let your kids see the movie if you don't think any romance is appropriate for your kids. Otherwise, this movie is great!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byhomer1 November 27, 2009
Adult Written bymexdealer April 9, 2008

Very fast paced!!!

You might want to see this twice, very funny and different comedy, if you can deal with the British accent. No bad language.
Parent Written byoweing October 27, 2012

Truly entertaining and funny

Flushed Away is truly one of the best Aardman Entertainment offerings. It is very funny with all the great incidental quirky humor a fan expects from the media firm. The characters have a lot of heart, good action and funny-funny-funny. You can see Nick Park's influence in the movie especially. Not a huge box office hit, but an A+ rental.
Parent Written byDelacroix July 3, 2012

Lots of fun for all ages

My five year old loves it, and I do too. I think the female lead is a positve role model for girls since she is very independent, and also cares deeply for family, and honors committments. It's a very clever movie.
Parent Written byFlo Michales March 7, 2012

WOW DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

Oh my heavens i can't beleive that they would do that in a kid movie. Oh my goodness showing women underwear is highly inappropriate.
Adult Written by413804 January 29, 2012

Decent

Great movie from Dreamworks. Lots of funny moments. It does get a little violent for some little kids, but overall it is pretty tame
Parent of a 8, 12, and 13 year old Written byJrules June 23, 2010

Adult Written byJeleaste April 9, 2008

Not appropriate for young children

My son is 4 and I found the potty humor and sewer situation highly inappropriate as well as the violence and premise that it is ok to steal. The main character getting his private parts cracked over and over was not the thing I want my 4yr old exposed to. I would have had no problem with it if my son were older but this movie is not age appropriate for young children.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byaveryt_m April 9, 2008

Adult Written byNYC April 9, 2008

This is the way Disney wants our kids to behave?

Yes, it says it is PG. I guess that is "fair warning" but with all of the promotional "Happy Meals" and advertising aimed at small children, I was very disappointed to see the movies characters burping and farting. My 7 and 6 year old kids thought it was funny but then began copying the on-screen behavior they had just witnessed. I now have to constantly remind them that this behavior is not acceptable in our home...and I wish it were not acceptable in a "Disney" movie.
Adult Written bycranky April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

My 3 year old and I both laughed out loud.

I took my three year old to see this. I expected to be bored, but found myself laughing out loud. My three year old thought the frog was a little scary as the "bad guy." But otherwise liked it alot and asks to watch it over and over now that it's out on video.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 April 9, 2008

Fun movie for entire family!

My 3 and 5 year old love this movie. one of their favorites.
Adult Written bypotamus9 April 9, 2008

Hilarious!

We loved this movie, lots of humor for adults too!
Adult Written byspongebobrocks22 April 9, 2008

good

funny fun for all ages
Adult Written bykrystalhaze April 9, 2008

Entertaining for young kids

My 3 yr old son loved this movie and his daddy & I were somewhat entertained as well. Unfortunately, its not as good as other animated films out there now, but the singing slugs who appear periodically throughout the film are very funny. I actually looked forward to the slugs and would have advocated them being in the movie more. There's a bit of slap-stick humor in it, but I wouldn't consider it inappropriate for kids . . . it was mild if you compare it to what I watched as a kid, like Bugs Bunny or Tom & Jerry. And if you don't want you kids seeing tiolet or sewer humor/references, then its not for you, but then again the title 'Flushed Away' should have told you that . . . .