Parent reviews for Food, Inc.

Important but disturbing docu about food biz. Teens and up.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written bysterdun November 13, 2019
Adult Written bychelseys1 April 6, 2015

Great documentary!

This was definitely a five star rating! It opened my eyes to the food industries millions of people support by buying and consuming their products. So many industries are filled with lies and extremely dangerous for people to consume due to the unhealthy conditions and diseases the food is surrounded with. I highly recommend this documentary to anyone.

Adult Written byMostlysane April 6, 2013

A must-watch.

GREAT documentary! As an adult, I wish I was exposed to this earlier. I've also just watched Earthlings (a documentary of the meat industry), and I must say that, comparatively, Food Inc. has much less violence. Almost no animal killing is depicted. I see no reason why this could be shown to preteens. I don't believe there was any swearing.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byklabick September 15, 2012

good but sad at some parts

Your kid will never eat anything again. The killing of animals is very sad thought

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byWeeklybob February 7, 2012

Food Inc. will blow your mind

G.R.E.A.T. It's for people who actually want to know where their Happy Meal comes from.
Parent Written byMsKrista February 14, 2011

Parent Written byqtnn October 23, 2010

Parent of a 12-year-old Written bybrownlytle April 27, 2010

Good for all over 10 (but with caution)

It is important for children and parents to understand the need for good safe food.
Had our whole family on the edge of our seats.
The film opened up the lines of discussion regarding our bodies and the quality of food and how we are not to contribute to the oppression of the farmers or the inhumane treatment of animals.
Parent of a 17-year-old Written byThinking July 30, 2009

Stuff you need to know

Stuff we all need to know.