Kid reviews for Food, Inc.

Important but disturbing docu about food biz. Teens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySylvanElf23 June 12, 2020

EVERYONE ON EARTH NEEDS TO SEE THIS

This is such an eyeopener to the food industry!!! I saw this when I was 9 and have been vegan ever since. Honestly humans are disgusting. The fact that meat eaters remain ignorant disgusts me. The food industry is horrible. Everyone needs to see this. Please watch this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbigail18817 October 3, 2018

Food, INC.

A MOVIE THAT I DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Teen, 14 years old Written byElizabeth Smith May 4, 2017

Very gruesome and disturbing. Absolutely not for kids!

I am 13 years old and when I began watching this movie I quickly realized that it was very gruesome. The disturbing living conditions of chickens are shown in full detail. There are also many slaughterhouse scenes. I was unable to continue watching after I saw farmers vividly slit their chickens' necks.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySquare root January 1, 2017

Eye opening documentary does have some graphic images

Food inc is a eye opening documentary that has some graphic images. In one scene, cows are shown in tight cages undergoing treatment, while countless others have animals being killed and abused. Another scene depicts the awful conditions of the factory farm's workplace with even the people are abused. I saw this when I was ten, and I would recommend this to older kids or teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymr.filmrate October 6, 2015

Really great educational and serious film.

This film is great for educational purposes. It teaches students on what they are actually eating, and persuading them to have a better diet. Even though the movie has some disturbing scenes, like animals being killed and slaughtered and a man putting his hand inside a cow's butt. Every middle schooler needs to watch this film.

Teen, 13 years old Written byspikeclb11 June 15, 2014

Food Inc.

It's a great documentary. But it also kind of gross so I'd say it's cautioned for kids 12 & under.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAtheistEcoadvicate May 14, 2014

Should be required veiwing for both parents and kids!

This is one of the most moving documentaries of our time. A true classic and one that may shape the future our culture and this planet. You think fast food is gross now, just wait till you watch this masterpiece.

Teen, 13 years old Written byally0601 February 23, 2014

Kids need to know

Personally I believe that children as young as 8 need to know how they're food is being produced and how this production is affecting them and others. Children are naturally compassionate however and by seeing the way these animals are treated in order to make their chicken burger, they may decide not to eat meat and dairy. I recommend a raw, plant based diet but I know that children refusing to eat what is put in front of them can be problematic. Really great documentary but there are a few graphic scenes of animal mistreatment. Worth watching :-)

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 8, 2013

Be prepared to learn the truth

Hey, at least now we know. This movie is PG, but I feel it would be a better PG-13. It is disturbing, but it is very informative.This shows more along the lines of food and how its made, and it some of the results are shocking. Only watch this if you are ready, but if your are squeamish and don't want to know then don't watch this. I would re-rate this PG-13: For Disturbing and Unsettling Content.

Teen, 16 years old Written byhockeyguy October 26, 2012

disturbing but important

important

Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2012

first part might be scary for some tweens

Teen, 14 years old Written byjaclyn1021 February 4, 2012

Amazing

This film is what made me decide to become vegan. If it weren't for this film, I probably would still be eating eggs and dairy. Thanks to Food, Inc., I've had a better look at what's wrong with factory farming and how I can help stop it. It's very educational and informative, but some scenes are very heartbreaking and gruesome, so I had to look away.

Teen, 14 years old Written bygobob789 July 31, 2011

Crucial Information

Something everyone, even kids, has to know. If you think the violence is a problem, you probably shouldn't support it by buying meat.

Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2011

...

Pretty disturbing when it shows animals getting crushed and killed. But very interesting stuff we need to know!The best

Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2011

Great Exciting Movie

This movie is an Amazing documentary about the things that cruel slaughtering houses do to chickens, cows, pigs, ect. I am a 14 year old vegetarian and found this very interesting, But it does show, Chickens getting there necks slit, Cows being killed, pigs being crushed to death and evil things that Perdue chicken, Tyson Chicken, and more did. So i think it should be 10 +

Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. March 3, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.

Kid, 10 years old October 10, 2010

Great movie about the TRUTH

This is,by far, one the BEST movies I've ever seen in my 10 years of life.This has some haunting (yes,haunting)scenes and music that will keep you thinking long after the credits. There are some violent,unpleasent sceness with the slaughterhouses,but really nothing more explict than that.
This movie will change your life,and the way you eat.Eat organic and be vegitarian or vegan!.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBook.Worm. February 28, 2010

a review about the movie Food, Inc.

I loved this movie. Although I didn't understand some of the fancy (science-y) language used my dad was able to help out. During the scenes in the slaughterhouses I looked away a bit and my mom left the room, but after those few scenes the movie is fine.
For young children watching this movie the parents will have to explain some things to them and you may want to skip the slaughterhouse scenes, but still explain why you skipped it/ what you skipped.
I live in Canada, and I think that most of these brands are US only; so that part was a bit confusing, but I still liked the overall movie.
What drew me in was the cover and title. I love that cow with the barcode on it. But I've also read Eric Schlosser and Charles Wilson's YA novel "Chew on This."
I would suggest this movie to anyone, definitely a must see.
(I didn't want to put an age thing on but I couldn't post the review unless I did.)