All parent member reviews for For Love of the Game

Parent of a 1 year old Written bygerbowski July 20, 2012

A great date night film!

This is a nice little movie to watch with your wife or girlfriend and not be bored to tears. The baseball parts are really well done and although it is a bit long, all and all its a good film. There's almost nothing in it that would bother most parents, my guess is though most younger kids won't be interested. This is one of those perfect compromise movies, that both men and woman can enjoy together.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bypaleofish May 24, 2016

Not for the young ones!

After reading the other review, I thought that this would be okay for my eight-year-old. He had seen all of the Marvel movies that were PG-13 or less and knew that violence and occasional language were not appropriate. He even knows why Blackbeard was so erratic in "Blackbeard's Ghost". However, this movie was a bit much for him. He wanted to watch a baseball movie, and we had exhausted all of the usual suspects. There are, at least, 30 occurrences of shit (or some variance) and goddamn, and one f-bomb. There are a few scenes of 'adult sleepovers', 'handy equipment' and 'tiredness' as we explained to our son. That being said, our son was very interested in the movie, loved the baseball game, and cried at the end. It is quite a good movie, though not up to par with "Bull Durham" and "A League of Their Own". He has seen ALOTO, but he will only see BD after we are senile.