Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Ford v Ferrari

Entertaining, well-paced racing biopic has strong language.

Adult Written byJ.fisher November 16, 2019

Great movie, especially in the theatre

Took our three kids (11, 7, 5) to see this movie. There was some swearing (wh**e, ahole, b**ch) but words our kids have heard before. The movie was slow in some parts, but the action made up for it. Camera shots were amazing, and the characters were great. Honestly, the previews were the worst part... why rated R previews are shown at a PG-13 movie, I do not know. We plan to buy the movie later and the kids can watch it when they'd like. If you can't decide if you'd like your kids to see it, the swear words are the worst part. You'll have to judge what their current exposure already is. And maybe... show up most of the way into the previews...
Adult Written byOneMomsOpinion November 18, 2019

Surprisingly Good!

I took my 12 year old son and 15 year old daughter to see this movie and enjoyed it much more than I anticipated. My son is really into cars, so he'd been looking forward to watching this since the previews came out. Not being a motorsports enthusiast myself, I was pleasantly surprised at the solid story line and acting. It does have some strong language, but I think it's appropriate for ages 11 or 12 and up. There's not much sexual content at all. It kept us all on the edge of our seats till the end.
Adult Written byRNdeb November 17, 2019

Incredible movie!

Caught myself holding my breath, at the edge of my seat numerous times.

Adult Written bymovieman48 December 3, 2019

Really good

I am not into cars at all but I found this movie hugely entertaining with a really human story and good script to back up the thrills and spills of the racetrack. Enjoy!
Adult Written byTexasmom956 November 25, 2019

Excellent movie, but be prepared.

My 14 year old son and I saw the movie last night. We're not car people, really, but we read some reviews and decided it would be a good movie for a mom/son date. Matt Damon and Cristian Bale are excellent - the characters are well-drawn, the racing scenes are thrilling, and we enjoyed the movie and the characters' friendship. However, the movie ends with a major character death. It was foreshadowed, so not completely a surprise, but definitely an unexpected sadness at the end of the film. If your child is particularly sensitive to loss, you may want to prepare them.
Adult Written bybowdak November 23, 2019

This was by far one of the best movies I've seen in my entire life

Very good,but a little too much swearing like s### and f###

Adult Written bygtlim November 21, 2019

As an owner of a GT40 and a student of the history of the 1960's golden age of motor racing, this movie I the very best movie I have seen relating to motor sports. This movie also weaves together the struggles of man in the corporate world. It is destined to be a classic in the annals of motor sports. Us growing up in the Ford Total Performance era of the 1960's longed for his story to be told. I was impressed how accurately and high much effort was placed on maintaining the accuracy of this amazing true story. As a movie goer, I truly appreciate such quality of entertainment

Adult Written byJaredboyter November 17, 2019

Adult Written byyouthbureauguy November 16, 2019

Life at 7,000 RPM

Amazing movie. Appeals to those who may not consider themselves racing fans, but even more amazing for gear heads and those who are racing fans. The writing and acting was fantastic. Will gear up and see it again I am sure.

Adult Written bylivinjosh November 16, 2019