Kid reviews for Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump Poster Image

Wonderful, heartwarming, movie. (cried like 15 times, actually crying rn, might eat some ben and jerry's ice cream afterwards.)

To those that are reading (parents, kids or whoever lol). This movie is outstanding, Tom Hank did probably some of his best acting overall. I was very touched by this movie and it had a very strong message about love and never giving up. I actually did watch this movie awhile ago back when I was probably about 7 and I understood a lot of it but didn't feel as attached to it and see the true meaning of the movie now that I'm a little older. The scene where Forest Gump had met his son really touched me the most probably since I can relate, I lost my father when I was 6. To those parents deciding whether or not to let your kid watch this movie, I'd say that this is a good choice to watch with your kid, or family despite there being the occasional swear, or petty sex scene or drug usage it really didn't bother me it added more context to the movie and indepth detail of the characters in the movie so it isn't really much of an issue unless your some kid that's just never exposed to anything and then when you finally find out your absolutely shocked and have to be immature about it then this movie would not be for you. Overall, 100/10 movie. might go broke after buying some more tissue supplies, p-please h-help *sniff* thanks.

1 person found this helpful.

Movie was amazing but has too many sex scenes and some violent scenes with blood

I loved this movie but it has some sex scenes and a lot of scenes with drugs and there's a Vietnam war scenes with some violence and blood overall the movie has a good message and is very sad the end will make you tear up

One of the Best!!!!!

Amazing movie!!!! Mild sex (NOT NAKED) and foreplay is shown along with a few slurs. Besides that 10/10 I LOVE IT!!!! :)

Forest gump is an amazing movie with a great cast there’s only a few inappropriate parts in this movie but is not bad

Easy 10+.

Parents act as if this is The Wolf of Wall Street or A Clockwork Orange when in reality it's nothing like it. It's one of the best movies ever made, and it is not 18+. The only reason why I gave this a 10+ is because they probably need consciousness before watching this film.

A story of a slow minded man who lives life in the 40's-60's

Slow-witted Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) has never thought of himself as disadvantaged, and thanks to his supportive mother (Sally Field), he leads anything but a restricted life. Whether dominating on the gridiron as a college football star, fighting in Vietnam or captaining a shrimp boat, Forrest inspires people with his childlike optimism. But one person Forrest cares about most may be the most difficult to save -- his childhood love, the sweet but troubled Jenny (Robin Wright).

Be aware of sex/drugs/swears/violence

The movie is great. I am 14 and I think it’d be appropriate for kids abt my age, so like 13-14+. Any younger than that may be too young bc there is sex themes, playboy images, drugs, and a lot of death and curses. A bad word for black people is used as well, and the overall heaviness behind the movie may be too much for immature/younger kids. The movie itself is amazing when you are of-age to understand and appreciate it though