All teen and kid member reviews for Frankenweenie

Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2012

Officially my second favorite Burton move

This was such a cute movie! But, if you want to see it, make sure you bring a truckload of kleenex tissues with you.
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2012

BAD.

Frankenweenie was a very weird movie. I'm not one for dark humor. I'm not a fan of Tim Burton movies, either, so I wasn't expecting much. It was even WORSE than I expected. Bleh.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicNerd June 27, 2014

Fun at times, but missing a theme

Going into Frankenweenie, it's best to know that there is no point/theme to this movie whatsoever. I liked the animation and it had its funny parts, but by the end I had one of those, "What was the point of that movie?" moments. There's nothing inappropriate I can recall, although younger kids may find the animation creepy. Also, a short scene where the kid sews up his dog (offscreen; we only see him with a needle and thread) may disturb sensitive viewers, I, having a weak stomach myself, got slightly queasy. It's really one of those movies that entirely depends on the person watching it.
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2013

epic.. at least

pretty good, for kids at least
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette November 3, 2012

Wonderful, heartwarming, and perfect

Seriously? These reviews are misleading and irritating. This movie is TIM BURTON. It is going to be dark and eerie throughout! Every movie he has made is like that! This movie had no actual violence or blood (it was black and white), but there are a few jump scenes. A rat thing pops up on the screen unexpectedly and I screamed, I'll be honest xD. A cat/bat gets impaled on a stick (you see it on the stick but the actual impaling occurs off-screen), the weird girl is creepy looking, with large, protruding eyes, a dog is run over by a car (again, you don't see it), and there are some extremely heartbreaking and tense moments. Overall, it wasn't scary at all, just had a dark, eerie tone like most T.B. movies. Fine for kids 10+. 5 stars, it was heartwarming, sweet, clever, sad, and one of Tim Burton's best in my opinion. I loved it, and you should watch this movie with your older children.
Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2012

one of the best movies i've ever seen (but maybe too scary for little kids)

i love this movie!!! it's really cool but enough about my opions here's the parental advice positive role model- victor strives to bring sparky (his dog) back from the dead. volience- sparky is hit by a car (his dead body is not shown) a dead bat and turtle are shown a vampire cat is stabbed with a sharp piece of wood (causing it to die) sea monkeys explode and their guts show a boy falls off a roof while doing a science experiment well that's all i can remember
Teen, 17 years old Written byjackie chany October 14, 2012

awsome

it is funny all the way through no horror
Teen, 14 years old Written bycharlotte101 October 9, 2012

wait until its out on dvd

I took my sister to go see it and she's 7. when i asked her how it was she shrugged and said "creepy". and I wasn't really a fan even though i love tim burton. it is good for older kids though!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 9, 2012

Return to form for Burton

The same magic he instilled into "Edward Scissorhands" and "Beetlejuice" Tim Burton brings to this brisk but enjoyable spooky comedy about a boy bringing his dog back to life. It's got a wonderful message to kids that as long as you love something, it'll always stay with you no matter what. It's a loving homage to the original "Frankenstein," and much better than his previous film this year: "Dark Shadows."
Kid, 9 years old July 5, 2016

Good movie if you`re having a Scary Night Marathon

This movie had absolutely NO swearing, which is why I`m surprised they even put a 1 in language. If you`re showing this to your kid\kids then the main thing to be worried about is scariness. If your kid gets scared easily or gets nightmares easily, this is not the movie to watch. First of all, Victor brings his pet back to life with lightning. A creepy guy asks to use the same experiment for his science fair project, so Victor does it on his pet fish, who turns into an invisible skeleton of a fish. The other guys do the same and there`s a big pet turtle Godzilla running around, some alien looking skinny-monkey thingys and a cat turns into a catbat, in which all are creepy scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen August 20, 2015

It was not near the best Tim Burton could have done.

First off, its in black and white, for no apparent reason, I'm sorry to tell you, I wasn't pretty pleased with this movie. No language or sexual material. Some of the characters are freaky looking and sorta disturbed me. This film offers me a 3.1/5.
Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Extremely sad, emotional flick is violent and not ok for kids.

My rating:R for violence,terror,and language.
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2015

I saw this on the Airplane and I was Screaming

Horrible movie. The dog dies and becomes a zombie, super dark. The characters look creepy.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Sad and Scary

My little sister and I watched this and she started crying when the dog got run over. Its also a little freaky because the dog gets stiched back together and his owner uses lightning to get him back to life.
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2014

Creeeeeepy

Violence - whole movie is black and white. It has a dark tone and many deaths happen.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2014

A sweet, greatly filmed Tim Burton flick

There's a minor jump scare in there, but if your kid knows what that is, then they'll be expecting it. This is a very good Tim Burton movie about a boy bringing his dog back to life. If you've ever had a pet die, you'll feel for Victor Frankenstein. Great message too.
Kid, 7 years old August 19, 2013

Nightmares

May give nightmares.
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2013

Creepy but fun animated movie for 6 & up.

Tim burton showing his best efforts.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheenz June 22, 2013

any age!

It is a good family kids movie! it is very enjoyable and a real Tim Burton movie. It is really an any age movie!
Kid, 5 years old May 4, 2013

It was a nice movie with a nice dog

It was not even that scary. I liked when the fish was invisible - that was funny. I didn't like when he tried to make all the pets come to life because they pets were not good. It was sad that the dog ran in the street and got hit by a car because he was Victor's best friend. You are not suppose to run in the street - it is danger.