Parent and Kid Reviews on

Freaky Friday (2018) Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 10 kid reviews

Sort by:

I didn’t really like this version, too much music and it got annoying and cringy. Kids will get bored

Great!

This is a completely clean movie, no cursing, one kiss in the entire movie, great messages. It’s also funny and a but cringe but worth it :) Definitely for kids. I really don’t understand why everybody is obsessing over the ‘Parents Lie’ song. It’s not true and I don’t believe kids will be disappointed or believe it, maybe only pretty young kids. I understand why parents aren’t happy with it, but you should just pause the movie and explain it’s not true. And in my opinion, it is for 6-7+ and everyone will enjoy (especially mothers and daughters)

It’s ok but really cringe

This movie is fine, But it’s just really cringe. Honestly, Fletcher and the dog are the only good characters. I would agree that the parents lie song is kind of weird but I don’t think that it’s that bad. Me and my friends personally watch this movie just to make fun of how cringe it is, but we stan Fletcher and the dog. Overall, it has some good messages but there’s a really weird part of the plot where the mom is like falling in love with a teenager and it’s just like super weird. Anyways, I think it’s fine but I can’t see how anyone over the age of 10 would genuinely enjoy this.

Uh...

It’s okay, but it’s also really weird. The plot is so quick and nothing really makes a difference to the story. The songs are strange, and it’s really boring. I mean, some of the songs are good, but most are not. The only good characters are Fletcher and the dog, and I would not recommend watching it. It has some good parts, but it’s mainly, just... no. Just no.

1st 5mins of movie, I stopped watching it, it was so boring.

Didn't understand the story. Nuff said.

A New Freaky Friday!! And... It's a Musical?

I loved the original Freaky Friday, it was a really good movie. Naturally, when I heard that a new Freaky Friday was coming out I was really excited. This movie was a humongous disappointment! At first it was okay, but then it turned into a trashy musical with horrible songs. The only good song is possibly "At Last It's Me", but even that was still not a good song. The characters argue and call each other names, which isn't setting a good example for kids (It's like the show Jessie where the kids disrespect their nanny and butler despite them having everything). In this movie, Disney is just teaching kids to be disrespectful to the adults in their life. Perhaps if the movie was not a musical it could have been better, but what's a Disney movie if it doesn't have music?

The movie is nothing close to the original it has the same concept but you can tell that there is lip singing and such. Boring for older viewers but could be exciting to others.

Different

I thought it was very different to the Lindsey Lohan one (which I liked better). I LOVE Musicals but this one was too tacky!! Good for families but just a bit boring in my point of view!

Eh it was fine

The trailers didn't look good and they certainly didn't mention that this was a musical. I don't hate musicals, but whenever I hear that a movie is a musical, it kind of... makes me lose a little bit of hope in a film. So, I watched it on the DisneyNOW app before it premiered because why not? It wasn't a good movie, but it wasn't bad either. Ellie was really unlikable in some parts of the film, and there were times where I felt sympathy for the characters. The acting and singing were okay, but the lip syncing was bad. I feel like that if the movie didn't have any musical numbers, it wouldn't have made a difference. The songs were nearly pointless and didn't really make that much sense with the movie. The two main actresses convincingly acted as each other, something that I believe would be hard to pull off. The morals in this movie are: bodies are beautiful, appreciate your mom, and you can take as much time as you want to process and accept new things or people in your life. I did like the idea that the switch was caused by an enchanted hourglass where when the right words were uttered they suffered the consequences. Overall, I wouldn't recommend you to watch this movie.

Amazing

Very entertaining and awesome reboot. Many musical reboots aren’t as great as this. Freaky Friday (2018) is awesome. So many lessons and amazing moments. There’s not one bad thing I can think of. One of the best movies yet!