Kid reviews for Free Guy

Free Guy Poster Image

Age 13+ only for mature people

Free Guy is terrible. The movie does have good special effects, but that's the only good thing in the entire movie. The language used when video games are talked about makes no sense. And there are 3-4 clips each in the movie of popular Youtubers and Twitch streamers for some reason. While watching the movie, the entire time all I could think was 'This movie seems like it was made by 50 year olds.' The movie also contains frequent sex/virginity jokes, and even jokes about gay/disabled people. If you let your child/teen watch this, you should make sure they know not to repeat the jokes they hear in this movie. Also, this movie contains lots of violence. I don't think that is a problem because it's shown in the trailer so when watching the movie, you know what you're signing up for with that. The game inside the movie is also very similar to GTA (Online) and that game is very violent. In conclusion, this movie is not worth watching. I don't understand how the movie has such high ratings.

3 people found this helpful.

Good film, maybe a tad bit kiddish for older viewers.

I watched the film with my cousin a while back and at that time, yeah it was a bit kiddish for me (I was like 14) but she seemed to enjoy it a lot. Violence is just gun shots and explosions and there isn’t any profanity to be found- from what I can remember anyways. I believe there was a joke where he mentioned something about a disabled person and someone else walking into a bar but even that’s not bad. There are a few adult jokes hidden in like how a streamer told his mom not to touch his “special sock” but hey, that flew right over her head so i wouldn’t worry about that. There aren’t any mentions of intercourse and zero liquor and drugs involved so id watch it if I were you.
2 people found this helpful.

Make sure that you are 15+

I thought it was awesome. But you should watch it before you let your kids watch. It says the f. bomb two times, but it says the b. word and the s .word a lot. So you should be at least 15+ for this PG-13 movie and there’s a lot of gun shots and it's a little weird, but I still think free guy is awesome. But this may be an inappropriate movie that is rated PG-13. But I think you need to be 15+ or up for this movie.

Not that bad

It’s good has some violence and 5 or 6 sware words but it’s not that bad the end is butifle and shows how some companies onaly whant ur money

1 person found this helpful.

Swearing, pretty violent, ok if your kid can handle violence and swears.

1 person found this helpful.

Ryan Reynolds is SO GOOD!!!!!!

I LOVED FREE GUY!!! I have seen so many reviews on how bad this movie is but honestly it is amazing!!! There are not really any sex jokes except for one but other than that it is really good! The reason I put 11+ is because there is frequent use of language and some jokes that kids won’t understand but IT IS INCREDIBLE SO GO WATCH FREE GUY!!!!!!! :)

great

good
1 person found this helpful.

PG-13

I honestly really like this movie a lot. there were some really good messages, Guy (one of the main characters portrayed by ryan reynolds) shows others and proves that being the bad guys is not a good thing, and we shouldn’t just be good, we should be great and do great things, and help others. there is violence, but he says that violence is bad. There is quite a bit of swearing mostly the sh word. But reading these other reviews I think people forget that they can say the f word in PG-13 and they only ACTUALLY said it once, (once was cut off and the word was not actually said), i’m not saying it’s ok because swearing is bad and i definitely understand if parents don’t want their kids listening to music/watching movies/ being around people who swear (especially a lot) etc... i don’t listen to explicit music, so i understand well. But i’m just pointing out that it is PG-13 and that’s allowed in it. it does have some sexual references but they’re quick and just a few. girls say he’s so hot but Guy helps one of them realize that they don’t need a guy and they do great on their own. there are 3 kissing scenes. This movie is overall really good, especially if you choose to allow your kids to watch PG-13 movies.