Parent reviews for Friday Night Lights

Powerful drama is so much more than a football movie.

Adult Written bycinders March 1, 2015

Had to turn it off

I read the reviews, and knew that other families had recommended the viewing age as 13. I thought if I was just quick on the FF button during the party scene, it would be okay for my children, who are younger than 13. But the first five minutes of the film were filled with swear words and sexual references. I'm sure the movie has a great message, but we'll have to revisit it in a few years.

Adult Written bymelikao7 November 19, 2014

Pretty Boring

They go overboard with the romance and the videotaping is not good. It has more sexual content than football. I would not recommend this for children under 13. Doesn't really have an significant plot, it's almost like any other football movie just way more romance, that's it. It also illustrates underage drinking and harsh/violent scenes.

Adult Written byDuncanDerund August 24, 2014

Great movie.

There is cursing and some violence. This movie is for 13+ Great Movie!

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

More Than Talk

This is a really good movie, but the Common Sense review failed to accurately warn about the sexual content. In addition to the talk about "getting laid", it also depicts two characters getting dressed just after they have had sex, and another two characters who are stripping down to have sex when they are interrupted. Both scenes stopped just short of being objectionable for viewing with our 13 year old, but I would have liked to have been warned.
Adult Written bybrianlillie April 9, 2008

Must See for Avid Sport Parents

This movie was amazing to me.
Football in Texas is big, bigger than life, and it is amazing how the townspeople pin their own hopes and dreams on their boys. There are lots of things here to learn: don't live vicariously through your children, education first (Chavez vs Miles), beware of the pressure you put on your kids, new defn of "perfect", love, teamwork. Awesome movie but don't take kids less than 13 or 14 years old.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

massive

wow i'm like a big football fan so i had to see this movie and it was even better than i thought it would be this is the best football movie ever
Adult Written byalleypoo9782 April 9, 2008