All parent member reviews for Friday the 13th (1980)

Adult Written byyetijones February 20, 2009

Common Sense Media, You Make a Mockery of Professional Reviews

This is a classic film, put in theaters in the 1980's; this is what horror film was all about back in the day! And now your website makes a mockery of someone's production? I really cannot believe this domain is still active. PARENTS LISTEN! This site is biased, unruly, and unjust; I haven't found one review by its staff that I agree with, or any case study in which I see extensive research/evidentiary support. What I see is someone reading the back of a movie/game/CD cover, taking a poll on other biased personages' opinions, and writing a flagrant, outlandish article which incorrectly and distastefully outlines any form of media. Please, do the world a favor, and have an adequate review staff ACTUALLY be thorough with investigations on all your media. Get with it Common Sense, before we get out.
Parent Written bylolboy55 December 9, 2012

not for kids

so scary not for kids 18+ do not let kids watch!
Adult Written byhomey335 May 28, 2012

Not for any kids

Violence: 10/10- Very violent, graphic, and bloody. Sexual Content: 9/10- Several scenes show young people having sexual intercourse. Language: 5/10- godd*mn, sh*t, p*ssy, b*tch, and f*ck are used, but not often. Drugs and Drinking: 6/10- weed smoking. Frightining or scary moments or scenes: 10/10- Extremly scary.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 27, 2011

So Cheesy!!!

This movie is very cheesy and un-realistic. To tell you the truth, my son watched it and got bored!! And usually, he loves horror movies!!! I say if you have a son who's like 10 years old and they want to watch it, let them. They won't be scared. Minimal blood. The only way it's scary is the fact that people kind of jump out. The drug usage is probably the worst thing about it. The sex isn't so bad. The language is nothing.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 September 25, 2010

Jason's revenge

If you liked nightmare on elm street you will like this too a little bit violent nothing ott which makes film watchable and good.
Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written bygregheffley April 27, 2010

for young teens

okay so really interviewing this play i am doing i just had to do it on some thing. the play is called 12 seconds.okay so me and my friend replaced the bad words at age 11 and 13. the worst word we really used was heck at that time and in that one guy killed himself.
Parent Written byPlague March 5, 2010

Friday the 13th (1980)

Fabulous horror classic that gave birth the legend of Jason. He goes as #2 in my top 5 favorite slashers.
Adult Written byShadowFan567 May 6, 2009

Good Movie but why is this rated No Kids?

Good Movie! I loved the story,the suspense,and the terror. I have one question though,why did this get rated No Kids?This film is less violet and sexual than the Halloween 1978 film and that was rated 16 and up.I think this should be rated sixteen and up. There is violence,but it looks more fake than scary.A teenage boy is stabbed in the stomache and falls to the ground. A girls throat is slit and you see a little blood.Another boys throat is slit offscreen but you see it later on. A girl is killed offscreen at an archery range,but you see her dead when hurled through the widow by the killer. A girl is stabbed in the head with an axe.We see the axe in her head with blood. We later see a boys bloody corpse hung on a door by arrows.SPOILERS:A woman,who revaels herself to be the killer,attacks the last teenage girl in a number of ways.She slaps her and almost stabs her.The ending includes a fight of the 2 girls which includes them wrestling and biting each other. The teenager almost gets slashed with a machete but moves,kicks it oit of the way, and gets the machete and decapitates the woman.There is a jump scene at the end. There are language and drug content,but not horrible in both areas.The is breif nudity and sexual content. Two teenaers have sex but it is not graphic besides her grabbing the boys butt.There is a brief view of a teenagers breast for 2 seconds.There are alot of girls in bras and panties in other scenes.Overall great movie but should be rated 16 and older.