Kid reviews for Friday the 13th (1980)

Beware of this infamous, sadistic slasher film.

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2009

Friday the 13th is a decent slasher flick and is actually worth seeing

Now don't listen to Common Sense Media. They are wrong about the movie and it's content. There were only two sex scenes and they weren't even that graphic. A character mentions 'strip monopoly' but you only see her in bra and panties. You don't see any shots of nudity. For violence, there were some violent scenes but they weren't over-the-top and not too gory either. The language is the least of your worries. It's not even an issue. Just infrequent uses of godd*mn and sh*t. That's it. CSM is also wrong about the movie. I thought the movie was really good. There was enough kills, suspense, and it clocks at the perfect time. Overall, Friday the 13th is a perfect slasher flick. I would recommend it to age 15+. Shoot even kids could see it. CSM doesn't know what they're talking about.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAntagonist November 22, 2012

Not as bad or violent as Commonsense says

This film is actually a scary horror classic. As far as violence goes, there's nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone 13+ can handle it

Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2010

Sex, Drugs, Blood, Oh My!

I was really excited when I walked out of Blockbust, clutching Friday the 13th in my arms. When I finished it, I didn't know why I wanted to see it. First of all, Pamela Voorhees has too much character, she was young. She should have been like she was portrayed as in Freddy Vs. Jason (though it was realeased 20 years later), a white haired, scratchy voiced, crazy old fart that she wasn't in the original. She actually didn't seem crazy. Young kids should not watch this as their is too much violence (done with stunning visual effects at least), too much sex, and no good messages whatsoever, as the campers are all sex-craving teenagers with a love for Strip Monopoly and dope. But don't worry young children, it isn't even a good film.

Teen, 16 years old Written byFinch doe188 October 26, 2016

First horror not even

It's not that scary I first saw this when I was 10 and it didn't scare me at all it was my first horror movie but not as good as part 3 but it had some mild language just words like dam hell sh*t and some gore but not much for a horror movie, not really any nude scenes and had some drinking and drugs but nothing near as bad as what they have in movies these days I'd give it pg13 dlsv

Teen, 13 years old Written byRyanBigGames May 19, 2018

Its A great 80s slasher

not to violent but kids shouldnt see it unless they've seen other slashers.

Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... March 21, 2011
Great movie...not as bad as common sense says

Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth August 8, 2014

dont go camping on the 13th

Friday the 13th is the first in a series of films about a serial killer killing kids a a "cursed" camp. The movie doesn't have much language. For a movie made in the 80's this is a pretty brutal movie.There are teens killed, a disfigured kid drowns in flashbacks and there are sexual scenes between most of the camp councilors.
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2014

Are you crazy, commonsense media?

this is one of the greatest slashers of all time! This movie has nothing more than brief nudity and IMPLIED sex! It has less sexual content than the original Halloween, and that got a 16 and up! No kids? This movie is only graphically violent, has moderate drug use, very low sexual content, and is very good. my rating: Sex/Nudity: 3/10 female breasts and buttocks are very briefly seen Violence/Gore: 10/10 very violent, probably the only thing you should worry about when letting your child watch this movie. Profanity: 3/10 Maybe 1 or 2 f words, very tame. Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking: 6/10 Moderate references to getting stoned, not too explicit Frightening/Intense scenes: 10/10 Very scary and violent

Teen, 15 years old Written byGhoulGirl13 April 23, 2018

Great Original Slasher Film, A Lot of Nudity

While Friday the 13th is a great original slasher film, there is a lot of nudity. The first time I saw this movie, I saw the TV14 one because I was 13, and it cut out the nudity. I really enjoyed it that shortly after, I watched all the other parts that followed. Last week on Friday the 13th, I watched the normal Friday the 13th that wasn't TV14, and there was a lot of nudity in it... Sometimes it comes without you really expecting it. So I wouldn't recommend this movie to kids under 13.

Teen, 16 years old Written byol9 January 16, 2018

Teen, 15 years old Written byShaunOfTheBread September 20, 2016

First "Friday" dissapoints due to lack of infamous antagonist...

I've always wanted to see this movie, and I was thrilled when I picked up a DVD copy, but was ultimately disappointed by the end. I was expecting lots of Jason attacks, but the killer was in fact, Mrs. Voorhees, Jason's psychopathic mother. Jason himself only appears in an extremely brief scene. If you want to see the famous Jason, skip this one and go straight to second, supposedly it has Jason in it. I have yet to watch it though... I recommend for 11+, despite CSM's harsh 18+, it contains only obviously unrealistic violence, some brief sex scenes, and momentary drug use.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2011

How is this generally considered to be violent?

How is this generally considered to be violent? The most violent scene is of a person getting decapitated. The Human Centipede features a graphic depiction of people getting sewn together. Why is it even considered violent in '80? A Clockwork Orange featured a graphic depiction of rape & it was made 9 years before Friday The 13th. Don't let this reviewers opinion fool you. It isn't violent. It's the perfect horror movie for younger kids. It appeals more to kids than Halloween. It's hardly scary, & not violent either. Friday The 13th is the 1 successful Halloween clone. I recommend it to younger kids. In conclusion, Friday The 13th is a fun slasher movie. I give it what would be the equivalent of a PG-13. I honestly can't believe it's still a R18 in Australia.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNuno17xD October 3, 2010
Cooooool, AWESOME !~ but not for Kids, Ok for older teens

Teen, 15 years old Written byLongRangeShadow October 15, 2009

Common Sense Epic Fail

AHA, common sense, you have no taste. I've suspected it long, but now it is proven. I'm 15 and I know this is a classic. And "No Kids" gimme a break. Is this site run by 82-year-old women? And I'm a pretty reasonable reviewer for being a kid, too.

Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2018

average slasher movie

I don't think its as good as other slasher movies, it is very violent. several characters die by machetes, axes, knifes, and many other weapons. its a tad bit boring, and its a bit more of a adult movie. I think its more violent than other slashers. Violence 8/10

Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolpool785 August 7, 2017

OK slasher film acually isn't that violent

Friday the 13th is actually not as violent as I thought it would be, but is still very bloody. A teen is stabbed in the stomach (impalement not shown, but a bloody wound is shown), a girl is killed (off-screen), talk of a boy drowning. A teen enters a cabin, and later his corpse is shown with a slit throat. A girls throat is slit, lots of blood. A girl gets an axe to the face. Blood gushes. A man is stabbed, his corpse is hung from a tree. A girl is killed. Her corpse is thrown through a window. Lot of blood from the head wound. Two teens having sex are killed. Very bloody. A fight to the death between (SPOILER) Jason's mom (Jason isn't the killer in this film) and the last survivor results in Jason's mom being decapitated. Extremely bloody. At the end of the film (SPOILER) Jason pulls a girl into the lake, and tries to drown her. She survives. (SPOILER OVER) Violence 8/10. Teens go skinny dipping. Teens have sex. A woman's boob is briefly visible. Sex 7/10. Language is actually mild for a slasher. Only one usage of "F*ck," the rest are mild. Language 4/10. Only drugs used are cigarettes and alcohol. Drinking/drugs/smoking scores 1.5/10. This film became a huge hit, It started with a budget of $60,000, and made over $7 million in the box office. This film sprung a total of 12 sequels, including a cross-over with "A Nightmare on Elm Street." This also sprung comic books, documentaries, TV-Shows, even a video game. Most teens 13+ should be able to handle this famous slasher film AND the sequels.

Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2016
Friday the 13th is a movie that's just okay not the best. It has Violence and gore, sexual references and brief sexual content, not much profanity. The ending isn't really that great but its what it is. I recommend this movie for 16 and older.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 February 24, 2013

creepy slasher flick has low blood and little sex, but is still gory

a true masterpiece of horror, Friday the 13th is your perfect movie for a teenage sleep-over at midnight. asides for being a great film overall, it employs a chilling atmosphere, handheld-ish camera work, and well organized scares. but the violence and lewd behavior in this slasher flick make it too intense for younger horror buffs. this freaky movie has low violence and blood. what it does contain are several killings, a drowning, an axe to the face, throat slittings, stabbing, an arrow to the chest, and machete decapitation. all the murders involve spurting blood, and the decapitation scene shows the head flying in slow motion, with blood, tissue, and spine insides visible. dead bodies are seen smeared in blood, have arrows in them, or have open cut wounds. asides for the bloody violence, is an on-screen sex scene (no nudity asides from one bare breast) the counselors use moderate to mild words such as 1 s**t and uses of h**l and d**n. one characters smokes briefly. jump scares are abound.

Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2019

this movie is cheesy, but i love it

this movie has bad acting, bad characters, and is cheesy, but i still love it. it is a slasher horror film. but you know Jason, the serial killer with the hockey mask, hes not the killer in this movie, its his mum Pamela Voorhees who is really scary. this movie will frighten young kids like 5 year olds, it does have blood. Violence : 8/10. the movie does contain violence, obviously because it is a slasher. there are beheading, a spike up someones throat, a axe to the face, stabbings, all that stuff. Sex : 7/10 : teens are shown in bed having sex, the girl is squeezing the boys butt, and they make sex noises, at the beginning of the movie, teens kiss and make out. teens play a game they like to call "strip monopoly" where they take of their shirts and stuff. Drugs : 4/10 : teens do not smoke often, maybe about 3 times, and that about it, they do drink beer as well. this movie is a cheesy classic movie that is SO fun to watch! seriously, the movie is so fun!

Teen, 13 years old Written byJasonReviews March 3, 2019

Friday The 13th, a great movie

This movie is great! There may be some nudity, but that is common with slashers. If you want to see a good movie, Don't watch this, but it is a bit of fun!