All teen and kid member reviews for Friday the 13th (1980)

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2009

Friday the 13th is a decent slasher flick and is actually worth seeing

Now don't listen to Common Sense Media. They are wrong about the movie and it's content. There were only two sex scenes and they weren't even that graphic. A character mentions 'strip monopoly' but you only see her in bra and panties. You don't see any shots of nudity. For violence, there were some violent scenes but they weren't over-the-top and not too gory either. The language is the least of your worries. It's not even an issue. Just infrequent uses of godd*mn and sh*t. That's it. CSM is also wrong about the movie. I thought the movie was really good. There was enough kills, suspense, and it clocks at the perfect time. Overall, Friday the 13th is a perfect slasher flick. I would recommend it to age 15+. Shoot even kids could see it. CSM doesn't know what they're talking about.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAntagonist November 22, 2012

Not as bad or violent as Commonsense says

This film is actually a scary horror classic. As far as violence goes, there's nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone 13+ can handle it
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2010

Sex, Drugs, Blood, Oh My!

I was really excited when I walked out of Blockbust, clutching Friday the 13th in my arms. When I finished it, I didn't know why I wanted to see it. First of all, Pamela Voorhees has too much character, she was young. She should have been like she was portrayed as in Freddy Vs. Jason (though it was realeased 20 years later), a white haired, scratchy voiced, crazy old fart that she wasn't in the original. She actually didn't seem crazy. Young kids should not watch this as their is too much violence (done with stunning visual effects at least), too much sex, and no good messages whatsoever, as the campers are all sex-craving teenagers with a love for Strip Monopoly and dope. But don't worry young children, it isn't even a good film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byFinch doe188 October 26, 2016

First horror not even

It's not that scary I first saw this when I was 10 and it didn't scare me at all it was my first horror movie but not as good as part 3 but it had some mild language just words like dam hell sh*t and some gore but not much for a horror movie, not really any nude scenes and had some drinking and drugs but nothing near as bad as what they have in movies these days I'd give it pg13 dlsv
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth August 8, 2014

dont go camping on the 13th

Friday the 13th is the first in a series of films about a serial killer killing kids a a "cursed" camp. The movie doesn't have much language. For a movie made in the 80's this is a pretty brutal movie.There are teens killed, a disfigured kid drowns in flashbacks and there are sexual scenes between most of the camp councilors.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 February 24, 2013

creepy slasher flick has low blood and little sex, but is still gory

a true masterpiece of horror, Friday the 13th is your perfect movie for a teenage sleep-over at midnight. asides for being a great film overall, it employs a chilling atmosphere, handheld-ish camera work, and well organized scares. but the violence and lewd behavior in this slasher flick make it too intense for younger horror buffs. this freaky movie has low violence and blood. what it does contain are several killings, a drowning, an axe to the face, throat slittings, stabbing, an arrow to the chest, and machete decapitation. all the murders involve spurting blood, and the decapitation scene shows the head flying in slow motion, with blood, tissue, and spine insides visible. dead bodies are seen smeared in blood, have arrows in them, or have open cut wounds. asides for the bloody violence, is an on-screen sex scene (no nudity asides from one bare breast) the counselors use moderate to mild words such as 1 s**t and uses of h**l and d**n. one characters smokes briefly. jump scares are abound.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2011

How is this generally considered to be violent?

How is this generally considered to be violent? The most violent scene is of a person getting decapitated. The Human Centipede features a graphic depiction of people getting sewn together. Why is it even considered violent in '80? A Clockwork Orange featured a graphic depiction of rape & it was made 9 years before Friday The 13th. Don't let this reviewers opinion fool you. It isn't violent. It's the perfect horror movie for younger kids. It appeals more to kids than Halloween. It's hardly scary, & not violent either. Friday The 13th is the 1 successful Halloween clone. I recommend it to younger kids. In conclusion, Friday The 13th is a fun slasher movie. I give it what would be the equivalent of a PG-13. I honestly can't believe it's still a R18 in Australia.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... March 21, 2011
Great movie...not as bad as common sense says
Teen, 17 years old Written byNuno17xD October 3, 2010
Cooooool, AWESOME !~ but not for Kids, Ok for older teens
Teen, 15 years old Written byLongRangeShadow October 15, 2009

Common Sense Epic Fail

AHA, common sense, you have no taste. I've suspected it long, but now it is proven. I'm 15 and I know this is a classic. And "No Kids" gimme a break. Is this site run by 82-year-old women? And I'm a pretty reasonable reviewer for being a kid, too.
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2014

Are you crazy, commonsense media?

this is one of the greatest slashers of all time! This movie has nothing more than brief nudity and IMPLIED sex! It has less sexual content than the original Halloween, and that got a 16 and up! No kids? This movie is only graphically violent, has moderate drug use, very low sexual content, and is very good. my rating: Sex/Nudity: 3/10 female breasts and buttocks are very briefly seen Violence/Gore: 10/10 very violent, probably the only thing you should worry about when letting your child watch this movie. Profanity: 3/10 Maybe 1 or 2 f words, very tame. Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking: 6/10 Moderate references to getting stoned, not too explicit Frightening/Intense scenes: 10/10 Very scary and violent
Teen, 16 years old Written byjared123k November 12, 2016

friday the 13th 1980

rated R for bloody violence nudity sexuality and very mild language. be aware for this blood frightning film that should not be 18 years old lower than that.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTomiscool October 31, 2016

Another 80s horror masterpiece…

Violence: 3/5: Same amount as Halloween. Sex: 3/5: Again, Same as Halloween. Language: 3/5: Fuck, Shit, Bitch, Ass, ect. Drugs/Smoking: 1/5: Some Teenagers Drink & Smoke. Overall: 10/20. I think this is ok for 15+. My Rating: R. BTW:I'm 18 Now but I'm still considered a kid. Anyways, sense I'm finally 18, I am going to watch pulp fiction tonight and write a review on that!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybondgurl October 29, 2016

I had high expectations

I heard many good things about this movie but i just finished watching it and i was so disappointed. Everything was so stereotypical and i laughed almost throughout the whole movie. The deaths would have been gruesome if they would have actually shown them but I am very happy they did not. The images of the teens after they have been murdered are graphic though. Half of the movie consists of the teens usually have their clothes off but nothing really happens if you know what i mean. Some of the characters smoke and drink beer but it is not a lot.But overall, the scare factor just is not there. You cannot just rely on gore to make something scary. The killer was not even introduced until the end of the movie which is strange. You will probably disagree on my review but this is just my opnion.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHorrorlovr October 16, 2016

Not for families, but I enjoyed it.

Actually, I enjoyed the movie, but many people will consider it unacceptable and violent. Definitely for at least teens and up, so long as they aren't easily frightened, and unless you want to explain, kids should, erm, know, you know what I mean? Same goes for any of the sequels.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShaunOfTheBread September 20, 2016

First "Friday" dissapoints due to lack of infamous antagonist...

I've always wanted to see this movie, and I was thrilled when I picked up a DVD copy, but was ultimately disappointed by the end. I was expecting lots of Jason attacks, but the killer was in fact, Mrs. Voorhees, Jason's psychopathic mother. Jason himself only appears in an extremely brief scene. If you want to see the famous Jason, skip this one and go straight to second, supposedly it has Jason in it. I have yet to watch it though... I recommend for 11+, despite CSM's harsh 18+, it contains only obviously unrealistic violence, some brief sex scenes, and momentary drug use.
Teen, 16 years old Written byooodlekanoodle69223 June 24, 2016

Why TF Would CSM Give This Movie 1 Star

Don't Worry Parents. CSM is just overreacting again (as always). I mean, this is one of the greatest movies of all time! And they give it one star?! Sure, there is some violence, but it is campy as hell! And yeah, there is some nudity, but who hasn't seen somebody naked. Overall, CSM just rates the film on how much swearing or violence or pubes are in the film, not the quality. Kids 13 and up should be able to handle this masterpiece!
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2016
Friday the 13th is a movie that's just okay not the best. It has Violence and gore, sexual references and brief sexual content, not much profanity. The ending isn't really that great but its what it is. I recommend this movie for 16 and older.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKay Nichols Slaughte April 2, 2016

Great movie but very violent with some Sex!!!!!

Parents there is nothing bad about Friday the 13th but i recommend it for children 13 years old or older younger kids this movie is not for you!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAndrewMc January 21, 2016