Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Friday the 13th (2009)

Horror remake isn't for anyone, let alone teens.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 3, 2010

not for kids.

Friday the 13th is a waste of time and a stupid movie to see this movie is only for adults and parents you need to know that friday the 13th has intense violence and a lot of blood shown there's a lot of sex and nudity shown there's a lot of strong language used and there's a lot of drinking,smoking, and drugs used such as marijuana, using bongs, bowls, and joints to smoke and Characters drink beer, wine, champagne, and hard liquor to excess and play drinking games.

Parent of a 4, 7, 9, 10, and 14 year old Written byLifeisGr8 October 2, 2009

Good But Not Great!

I Went To Blockbuster To Get Race To Witch Mountain But It Was Sold Out And My 10 Year Old Just Picked Up Friday The 13th Killer Cut And He Gave It To Me And I Bought It. My Kids Watched It And They Liked It. This Movie Had Some Gore, Lots Of Sexual Content And Tons Of Drinking.

Adult Written byktmae February 27, 2009

Not that scary

I'm a huge horror movie fan but this movie was just ok because it wasn't as scary as I'd heard it was. All of the murders were predictable and there were several parts I actually laughed at. And there was so much unnecessary sex and nudity that it interfered with the horror aspect. How are you supposed to get scared when you're constantly interrupted by boobs? I guess it's an ok movie for the horny teenager but for serious movie enthusiasts I think it was a little disappointing.
Adult Written bysamenv May 27, 2015

Is Better For 17 Year Old People Cause Is Has Sexual And Bad Words And Sexy Stuff

VERY VERY BAD FOR KIDS TO NOT LET YOUR KIDS WATCH THIS WATCH THIS IF YOUR 17 OR 18 IS BETTER

Adult Written byage 10+ May 27, 2012

Great Horror Remake That's Quite Inappropriate

Parent of an infant, 2, 4, 7, and 11 year old Written bylindsey678 January 29, 2011

BAD PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE BAD PARENTS THAT TOOK KIDS 14 AND UNDER

Adult Written byethan.mace January 23, 2011

NO teens should see this movie.

I personally liked it. lol im 14

Adult Written byfonzieg April 3, 2015

Bloody slayings, gratuitous sex, = fun slasher flick!

Here is a remake that improves over the original, the 2009 remake of the 80's slasher flick "Friday the 13th"! It has all of the creative and graphic bloody kills and the sex scenes that everyone loves in slasher movies! I'm not saying it's the sex that makes this a good fun slasher movie, i'm saying a slasher movie is not the same without sex scenes! Plus, Jason is a badass in this movie! Overall, don't be expecting a masterpiece, expect a fun slasher flick with Jason in it!
Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015

Adult Written byMariofan210 November 3, 2011

Awsome!

I love watching slasher films and it doesn't scare me at all! (im only 12) (i have pretty much seen every thing by the way)

Parent of a 10 year old Written bydeath743p March 6, 2011

great for gore but not for sex or drugs

this is the best movie for gore but not for sex or drugs

Adult Written byNICKYNICK67 December 22, 2009

I would say way older depending on how you care about violence, language, substance abuse, and nudity

I thought it was a very good movie however this is NOT for children there is frontal nudity for about half a minute, Violence is way out of line along with gore, Language or basically the "F" word is used throughout

Parent of a 13 year old Written byipodfan2000 December 15, 2010

Friday The 13th- Beyond Scary

Wow!!!!! I'm so not surprised yet another bloody, gory slasher movie with tons of profanity such as many uses of the worst words that you could ever imagine, the role models are terrible (let alone the fact they came to the camp to find weed to sell and smoke. Multiple nudity scenes such as a woman stripping at a campfire, a topless woman water boarding at a lake, and much more. the profanity is beyond"off" if their was a button that said "not in a million years" i would press that button.

Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 May 23, 2010

better

it was better then i thought it would be but one of the death were someone gets killed by a woodchipper machine is nasty!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byfunnyboy September 9, 2009
Not very good . if you know your kid let him watch it

Adult Written byEvanReviews August 14, 2009

Typical slasher movie...

Typical slasher movie with a high amount of gore and sexualtiy. Profanity is also moderatly heavy and teens are constantly drinking and smoking. also references to marijuana growing and selling. Pretty bad :(

Adult Written byBusa B. March 18, 2018

UNDERSTAND

While i have seen countless parents saying things like "DON'T LET YOUR KIDS WATCH, 18 OR OLDER ONLY," the movie is really not all that bad. Parents should not allow their children to watch these movies based on age, but maturity. I started watching horror movies when i was 13 and have not been negatively effected by them whatsoever. But, I do know of some 13 year olds who I would DEFINITELY not allow to watch these movies. So what I'm saying parents, is know your kid.

Parent of a 3 and 14 year old Written byVAstuart22 December 9, 2010
Horrible

Parent of a 1, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byJacobyShaddix32 November 27, 2009

Adult Written byJames Hedrick March 20, 2019

No Surprise here.....

By now you should all know what you're getting into with this one. It's a grisly, gory, sex filled, raunchy, ride. If you like that kind of thing (as I do) enjoy! If not you shouldn't need me or anyone else to tell you this flick is not for you. This is the twelfth Friday movie so far, we all know the drill by now.