Kid reviews for Friday the 13th (2009)

Horror remake isn't for anyone, let alone teens.

Kid, 12 years old February 15, 2009

common sense, please understand kids these days.

I am 12 ok. It's not even scary. I am scared of a lot of stuff, but not this movie. Common sense, you overrate alot. My stepdad took me to see this. I absolutely loved it. I've already heard and seen everything in this movie.(BEFORE I WAS EVEN IN THE THEATRE)Kids today are exposed to a lot more. To the people who said parents aren't listening, PARENTS ARE. They just don't care because they KNOW that their kids are going to know most of that stuff anyways. So I really loved it. I liked it better than the first one. Kids, go and see it if you want. No one under 11 though. =]
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 July 27, 2015

Great, but extremely innapropiate

Over the top inappropriate, and filled with sex, violence, language, and some alcohol and drugs.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChris G. June 1, 2017

The Best!

I feel that you should watch this because it is a great movie for the whole family. KIDS: remember that you should close your eyes at scary parts.

Teen, 16 years old Written byNeonSprinkles February 2, 2015

Little Kids, What Is Your Problem?

I am seeing reviews by little kids, saying "Its not scary! Go take your 10 yr. old to see this!" Children, Its not scary, its crude, lewd, and inappropriate. I did watch it, and it's disgusting. We have enough violence in the world, we don't need more. Its cheap trash, and not healthy for kids, or adults.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman December 13, 2016

So-So

This remake of the classic 1980 horror is just ok, nothing terrible but also nothing too special. The writing is mediocre, the acting is just ok, and it has a cookie cutter plot. With all this, somehow it still manages in some parts to still be entertaining. But parents please know that this horror remake is chock full of graphic violence that is vetu likely to disturb younger teens. There is also a sex scene that is too long and way too graphic in my opinion, showing very graphic movement along with female backside and breast nudity. Then throw in an abundance of profane language, and you've got a film that is only suitable for teens 17 and older. That is, if you even think it's worth your time, versus another better horror movie. And just FYI in case you are just determined to see this, maybe wait for a tv edited version, it comes on every Halloween. You and your teen could see that version and it be more appropriate.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJimmy Jimmy June 25, 2013

Not for anyone under 18. Complete trash.

I've got nothing shows a couple having sex, boobies, gore, blood, drinking, smoking, everyone is a jar head. Ugg Do not let anyone who is under 18 view this trash

Teen, 14 years old Written byamina_m546 August 22, 2014

movie sucks

the movie was really lame but the movie is a little inappropriate but now, in society, 13 year olds know everything in the movie and wouldnt be scared at all.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 November 6, 2012

Friday the Worst-teenth

OH MY GAWSH! I'm just going to say, i was dissapointed. SO DISAPPOINTED! I was hoping it was going to be scary, but it was predictable and, excuse me for saying so, retarded! "I'm gonna go walk off by myself" STAB!! "Me too!" STAB!! "I'm gonna go upstairs by myself to look for my jock boyfriend." STAB!! "I'm gonna water ski topless for the stupidest reason!" DEATH!! Beside that, the sex and nudity is inappropiately frequent. Not even neccessary. It's stupid. Boring. Waste of money, as commen sense said. DON"T GO NEAR IT!!!! D:

Teen, 13 years old Written byfilmlover123 June 22, 2011

The movie has a great title, unlucky for anyone to see it

This new version of the classic 1980's horror film is like multiplying the violence of the original by 3. There are people getting shot in the head, somebody gets a screwdriver jammed into his throat as he coughs up an increasing amount of blood in a prolonged sequence, a man has an axe thrown into his back and is pushed down so the axe comes through his chest, a girl is put inside a sleeping bag, tid up, and hung upside down over a fire, and a man has his leg caught in a bear trap that exposes bone and muscle, with his head chopped open moments later If that weren't enough, there is also a stream of profanity throughout along with multiple sex scenes wth nudity Do us a favor and skip this one

Teen, 14 years old Written byFallenAngel May 31, 2009

e.g. You should think twice before going with a tween!

I got bored and stopped watching it after a while. O_O
Teen, 17 years old Written byradalecki August 23, 2017

Meh

So I've loved the CW Supernatural series for a long time, and pretty much only saw this movie because Jared Padalecki (who plays Sam Winchester in supernatural) was in it. And overall, I thought it was a pretty bad movie. I mean, if you're an edgy cool 12 year old that's not scared of anything, I'd say go for it, but if you're not into horror and are afraid of murder and stuff, don't see it. I thought there was wayyy too much language, too much sex, and too much violence. The drug use kind of disturbs me also. My 14 year old brother was ecstatic about seeing this, because at that age it's all about naked ladies and excessive violence. If you're really wanting to see this, but aren't into some of stuff listed, I'd just go watch Shrek or something.

Teen, 14 years old Written bywtmoren01 July 1, 2017

Not as good as the original movies very disappointing.

Now I really love the friday the 13th movies, it is my favorite movie franchise but the remake is very disappointing. Now common sense media says 18+ but I highly disagree with that, now there is some sexual content and nudity there is ALOT of bad language, and it is very gory.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNedStark51 February 2, 2017

Slasher movie has excessive violence and sex.

Friday the 13th is about a bunch of teens who explore the abandoned Camp Crystal lake. Soon they find themselves trapped and stalked by a killer named Jason Voorhees. This movie is really violent with people getting axed, getting stabbed in the neck, and even more bloodier way. The movie is also scary because of the story and the way the killer appears and kills his victims. The movie also has lots of cussing like f---k, hell, damn, etc. Also be warned, the movie has nudity and sexual content in it. Not for kids. Great for sleepovers and parties.

Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2016
it's a dark film, and it has lots of strong sexual content and references. it disappointing and brutal. I would NOT recommend it for kids and even if you and your kids are a fan of the Friday the 13th films don't see it . Stick with the originals. hope the 2017 movie will better. I recommend it to 18 years olds and up

Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish September 5, 2015

Bad

I watched this when I was 9 because I heard some boys at school talking about it . it freaked the hell out of me and I had nightmares for months of a man in a mask chasing me. I realise that was my own fault but I recommend if you are a kid who thinks watching horror movies is cool, it's really not that cool. I re watched this movie recently because I was at my friends house, I have to say the violence is still horrific and the murders are so disturbing. If you have a weak stomach or are under 18, DO NOT WATCH THIS. :)

Teen, 15 years old Written byiman2425 November 9, 2014

SCARY

don't go camping after this movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byrating_guy November 8, 2013

Friday te 13th remake review

One of the best out of the series that has a new and refreshing tone, but also is one of the most violent ones. R: Graphicand bloody violence throughout, strong language, drug and alcohol use and reference and strong sexual material involving graphic nudity(no pubic places though)-all involving older teens

Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2013

yesss!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND that kids LIKE scary stuff so GO and WATCH it now!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 January 15, 2012

The old version was better.

Ok,I have seen all the Friday the 13th movies from the 1982 version to this so I pretty much knew what to expect.although I will say that this is much more graphic than the ones made in the 1900s bcuz the violence is shown in explicit detail.anyway,I missed this at the movies so my dad had to get the killer cut from blockbuster.i think the killer cut is much worse,there's wayyyyyyyyy more sex,violence and blood.the killer cut is iffy for 13 ,this is iffy for 12.
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 October 11, 2009

Horror classic ( MATURE )

first off its scared me . there is alot of gore ,violence, and sexual references my advice is if you are a MATURE horror fan 14 + then i recommend it