Kid reviews for From up on Poppy Hill

From up on Poppy Hill Poster Image

I am going to keep this review short. This movie is excellent, and has no offensive content, although hardly anyone under 13 will understand it.

Appropriate for all ages, just may be a bit boring for kids under the age of 8. Overall, would highly recommend this movie!

One of Ghibli's most underrated classics!

I cannot express how much I love this film. It's so charming and nostalgic that I can't help but just adore it. The character of Umi is a great role model for kids as she is a great big sister to Sora and never stops trying to achieve her dreams. The romance is very realistic and sweet and I love it. It's very different to other Ghibli films as instead of being fantasy driven it is more grounded and relatable. An absolute must-see film for Kids 8+!

This Movie Really Deserves a Three and a Half Star Rating From Me

This movie is definitely one that has been crafted very carefully. It is thoughtful and well-put together. The characters are ones that you can root for and empathise with and are good, kind people. I’ve read lots of good reviews for this movie, and overall I would recommend this, however for me I just wasn’t engaged with it... I can’t quite put my finger on what it was, maybe it was the pace as it can be quite slow, also it is a bit predictable, but I don’t always think that that’s a bad thing. Yeah, so I wouldn’t rave about this movie, it was fine, but if you’re looking for an exciting, fast-paced adventure or something that can transport you away to a different world, this isn’t it. I would say this movie is appropriate for everyone, it does deal a bit with grief and loss, but not all that heavily so I wouldn’t worry too much about children being affected by this. Give this movie a watch and see what you think, I am positive about this movie, but at the same time it wasn’t my cup of tea, but it could be yours!

From Up On Poppy Hill (review)

A feel-good, coming-of-age film about life and romance.

My absolute favourite Studio Ghibli movie!

I LOVE this movie. I find it a beautiful film, and love its slow moving drama and watching the plot unfold. A brilliant movie!

Great!

Nothing inappropriate or bad in the movie! Really enjoyable for teens and probably kids and adults too.

Subtle and beautiful - as good as any other Ghibli film!

"From up on Poppy Hill" appeals to very human emotions that every individual has experienced in their lives, especially those within an adolescent. Growing up, holding onto the past, falling in love - all of this is explored within this film. The strength and courage of the characters present is encouraging to witness. Not to mention, this film is gorgeous! This film is an absolute must-watch!

Watch on both English and foreign!

Probably the best anime I have seen, the only animes I have seen are my neighbor Totoro, and this! There are some scenes that might be a little too deep for young kids, there is a mild breast feeding scene, and some smoking too. But over all, should be watched by all!

Studio Ghibli Never Fails

This movies was very endearing. The whole story makes you feel like you know the characters. It is a heartfelt story. There is nothing inappropriate. Hope you enjoy!