All parent member reviews for Frost/Nixon

Adult Written byMom_and_Son May 15, 2009

AWESOME

This movie is excellent :] for any political junkies like me. Only a few bad words.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion August 13, 2010

Fascinating Historical Fiction

FROST/NIXON is a fascinating look back into the politics of the late 1970s, when Watergate was the word and issue on everyone's mouths and minds. This movie tells the story of David Frost, a partying TV host who decides to tackle an interview with the disgraced former President Nixon to win fame and fortune. However, everyone is skeptical about the idea, and Frost ends up putting everything he has into the project, while Nixon hopes for a return to the political life he loves. Michael Sheen does a very good job as Frost, and Frank Langella is nothing short of brilliant as Richard Nixon. The script cackles with tension and chemistry, and draws its historical strength from texts of the actual Frost/Nixon interviews. This movie won't interest many kids, but teens who are interested in this era of American history will enjoy it. The R rating on this movie is tricky, because, aside from a few crass words, the movie is PG material. "F**k" is said four times, once as "motherf**ker". "B**ch" is also said 4-5 times (frequently as "son of a -"), and some milder curse words also make brief appearances. Frost is shown in bed with a woman, who is presumably naked. She gets out of bed and you see her bare back, but the rest is in shadow. Brief footage from the Vietnam War shows bloody bodies. This is a very tame R rated movie. The language is not excessive, and the movie is educational and interesting. It is a great choice for teens interested in history.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byDP April 24, 2009

Good movie! Loved the acting!

Saw it on DVD. My husband and I both enjoyed it very much. I didn't grow up in the US and the movie made me curious to do some more research on Nixon and the era...
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Good

Fantstic actors make film but its nothing special
Adult Written bymoviemadness January 3, 2009

Great Historical Drama

Frost/Nixon is an excellent historical movie. It could easily have become boring, but the director does a remarkable job of keeping this from happening. Althogether, it is nicely paced, very interesting, and full of history that many of us younger adults/kids have never before been aware of. Parents: it's completely appropriate for teens. A man and a woman are shown obviously nude in bed (sensitive bits are comvered), we see a nude man and a nude woman from the back, and there is some swearing. Many kids won't understand it, but for those who will, it's great.