Parent reviews for Funny People

Funny People Poster Image

Good

Violence 0/5 Sex 3/5 Language 5/5 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 2/5

Wow! Very Real and Emotional Movie

I've never been an Adam Sandler fan, but my late husband wanted to see this movie. I agreed because the plot hit home; my late hubby was in limbo w/a very rare and lethal cancer. Adam Sandler's performance blew me away! This movie gives you a glimpse of Sandler's genius like no other. Seth Rogen embodies all of the insecurities and fears of a struggling stand-up guy and as the film progresses, he gives such humanity to both characters. No, this movie isn't Knocked Up or Superbad. It's not tons of laughter about ridiculous nothingness. Funny People perfectly captures what happens when a man at the top of his game is suddenly faced with an ugly and imminent death. Most movies wrap up with either a miracle cure or the cancer stricken character gaining redemption and dying in an idyllic manner. Life rarely works like that and Funny People remembers and respects what real life tends to do with people. We laughed and cried during this film and my husband said Sandler and the writers hit the nail on the head, perfectly exploring the emotions of being given months to live then learning no one really knows how much time they have in this world. This isn't a funny movie about people; it's a movie about people who are supposed to be funny and lighthearted at all times in the eyes of adoring fans. Regardless, it's a great film with amazing performances by all of the actors involved. Just don't go into this thinking you're watching Knocked Up or Happy Gilmore.

Enjoyable

First of all, a lot of young teens probably want to see this movie because it has Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, along with endless celebrity cameos, that's initially what drew me to this movie in the first place. Plus I love Judd Apaow movies, of course I was 16 when this movie came out, and looking back I'm really glad I didn't see this with my parents! Funny People is full of language, including over 150 f-words. The sexual content is pretty extreme, including a quick but kind of graphic sex scene (there is female nudity). But the actual movie itself is great, with a great message in the end. If you like stand-up comedy you'll probably really enjoy this movie, just be prepared for lots of adult humor and situations. Kids 16 and up!

I think funny people is a very intelligent and great movie.Its a good way to get across the point that death is guareented so why not have a sense of humor while here.The movie address many of lifes obsticles but in a funny way for the audience.Funny people is a great movie that alot of people wont fully grasp the concept,its very underrated and overlooked.It actually was one of the best movies that year.Great cast and Directing,keep up the good work.

Adam Sandlers best film

Funny People is a great movie experience. It's somewhat depressing and extremely vivid. This movie is not about the comedy or how funny it is, it's a rare comedy that is more about the characters and their struggles.There is however an actually strange sex scene that the movie deff. could have done without, that would be my only complaint. Overall, Funny People has a great storyline and likeable characters and is an excellent film.

good adult humor lots of sex talk 16 and over

very good movie but no kids too dirty adult humor lots of sex dirty jokes and cussing 16 and over

Funny People is Funny, but it Still has that "No One Wins in the End" Feel to it.

Although very funny, this is a highly innappropriate film. There is almost nonstop foul language and crude sexual humor. There are also three sex scenes with brief nudity. This is a warning to parents. Now, yes, at times this movie is heartwarming, but in the end it feels that it was all for nothing, which is very disappointing. Oh well, thanks for reading - Movie Man

Save your time and money

endless crude language and unfunny jokes. Tkhe base of the story cannot redeem this mess!

Good movie for 14+ but not under

It was pretty good movie but not appropriate for kids that arent ready for dirty language and sex.

good for older teens but too much for younger

ehh not the best movie but its worth watching kids may enjoy it