Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Furry Vengeance

Timber! This eco-themed family film falls flat.

Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bygreatkidsmom October 11, 2010

My Kids loved thia movie

My kids really loved this movie. I feel that the animal "vengance" does not translate to peopleon people and is funny in its place in this movie. Yes it is silly, but it was pretty much laugh out loud through most of the movie for the kids.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byOhioMom June 6, 2010
I took my daughter to see this movie during the day. We were the only two in the theater. We thoroughly enjoyed the movie. She had a few over-the-top belly laughs that made me laugh even harder. It certainly had a good message about taking care of the environment and making sure you put family before work.

Parent of a 8 year old Written bytamar14 March 15, 2011

Maybe the worst movie of 2010--okay for 6+, iffy for 3+, but why would you want to see it?

I hated this movie. My daughter hated this movie. A lot of her friends hated this movie. Don't bother watching it. It's cleanish-- maybe a little too comic-violent for 3-6, but otherwise fine. Seriously crappy, though.

Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written bylerrenobaby May 6, 2011

Great family movie for younger kids

We thought the movie was really cute. Our daughters are 5 & 7 and they LOVED it! We also enjoyed it. The CG was not that good in parts but was still fun for the kids. It was a great family movie with some good laugh out loud parts. Worth a try :)

Adult Written byDBlanca January 26, 2012

Campy Silly - We had fun.

I don't know why but I found myself laughing out loud with this movie. Likely so campy and bad that you end up actually laughing at it. My kids were hysterical. Age 12 and age 8. It's possible that it was their hysterics that lent to my finding the whole thing funny, maybe I was just in the mood to laugh. This is not oscar material and the message is a "Green" one however there was one other thing...the father ultimately was willing to admit to his teenage son that he had made a mistake. I believe this is very important for us as parents to be willing to do with our children. I believe it earns respect and credibility and shows that we are fair. That being said, it is what I call mindless fluff but we all had fun. In fact we invited our best friends over their kids are 10 and 12 and had the same silly experience...kids hysterical. The 5 stars is because it was such good family fun not because the movie itself was a 5 star film. It is really campy and really silly.

Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byUNFAO100 April 5, 2011

Silly Family fun film!

This is just a silly film, my kids found it really funny in a slap stick way. There's a good 'Green' Message in there about deforestation and the effect on wildlife.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written by1 Great Experience August 30, 2010

You won't go wrong with this one.

We simply loved it as a family. Very clean entertainment with positive message about the environment and compassion for the nature. It highlights the hipocracy of companies so called "green" and how they focus on making money at any cost. The message was great and all of us laughed during the entire movie. Well done!

Parent of a 5 year old Written bybunnie911 January 10, 2012

Fun with cute animals

My daughter enjoyed it. Silly scenes with cute animals. Furry Vengeance is not a good title for a kids movie.

Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byjagness May 9, 2010

Politically Incorrect

I see why this movie is having trouble with the critics. It points a big, stinky, middle finger right at all the industries that are getting rich by exploiting Americans' need to feel bad about themselves, then charging exorbitant prices for anything labeled GREEN. Even the company name "Lyman (Lying Man)" is a sharp stick in the eye to all the so-called green companies out there. Critics are part of the media and the media were some of the first folks to jump on the GREEN bandwagon in the name of political correctness. Sure, it's full of silly slapstick, but difficult messages are usually delivered with a big spoonful of sugar. The people who can't see the bigger meaning behind this movie are the same people who are paying twice as much for biodegradable charcoal. Um, people... coal came out of the earth in the first place. Lighten up about the movie all you naysayers. If you wanna get heavy about something, take a look at how you are being ripped off in the name of environ-mentalism and global warming.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bylittleone522 March 20, 2011

Great Movie For Kids

Its a silly family movie with lots of laughs. Why it was given a PG rating I don't understand. There is nothing bad in this movie. Its great for the kids and great to watch with the kids but as an adult, it can be a bit too silly at times and I wouldn't watch it without the kids.

Adult Written byBenjamin A. October 23, 2017

Over the Hedge Live Action Clone

See my review on Over the Hedge. This pro-environmentalist and anti-capitalist schlock is basically the same thing.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010
This movie is harmless. It doesn't do anything but make you feel bad for the man who keeps getting ambushed by annoyed animals. Nothing really scary. No real role models. The movie's best part is the end credits. Still not enough to save the film from disaster. The kids liked the physical comedy, though.
Adult Written byAshley W. September 19, 2017

Poorly made with racial stereotypes

First off let's start with that nobody no matter who they work for wouldn't be clueless as to not know about a so called green company not being considerate of the forest eco system, i mean come on really? And also the guy playing Neal Lymen speaking fake chinese or korean is downright WRONG! i mean they could've used a different dialougue?? Plus all the animal attacks are predictable i would reccomend this movie to parents who have children under the age of 5 to watch this.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymamacat531 December 29, 2010
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byLaurel C. January 15, 2018

My kids howled with laughter

It's 100% slapstick and the animals are the masterminds behind all of the pranks. That's it... no deep messages, role models, or incredible acting. The value of this movie is not in the message or the storytelling, but getting to spend time laughing with my kids.
Adult Written byMAD M. October 1, 2017

One of the best ever and sooo much fun and hilarious

Parent of a 17 year old Written bychainsaw November 3, 2010

-35+ no violence

great

Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byLovemyboyz October 21, 2010

for middle schoolers and up

I took the boys to the theater to see this one and my youngest wasn't thrilled because it wasn't cartoonish enough for him and my oldest stated he didn't understand what was going on half the time other than the animals were attacking the guy. It's an adult concept and story line with a PG rating on it which insists its for kids but it really isnt. I was not impressed.

Parent of a 6, 10, and 15 year old Written byLittle Women August 21, 2010
Adult Written byMesned August 5, 2010

my opinion

Good for kids sucks for adults