Kid reviews for Gandhi

Brilliant biopic engages, educates, and inspires.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybadderanarchy August 3, 2009
this movie is boring

Kid, 12 years old September 20, 2019

The Perfect Film includes positive messages and some graphic violence.

Let's get the bad stuff out of the way. Some characters smoke. Racist language and bas***d are used (infrequent). The film opens with a very upsetting sequence of the Father of India being shot three times and dying, some blood but it's only stained. Another upsetting sequence takes place during a peaceful Indian protest, the British carry out a graphic massacre. There are also disturbing riot sequences. Over all, Gandhi educates the brain, inspires.

Kid, 9 years old May 11, 2019

You've gotta watch this movie, it's fantastic!

In this film you experience the history of Gandhi and his follower during his long journey. It is important to learn to stand up for yourself without hurting other people.

Kid, 9 years old September 26, 2019

I'm 9 and I can and will bench your family

I'll do it

Teen, 15 years old Written byOutlastplayer123 April 4, 2019

Too violent for kids

Violent with positive messages.

Teen, 15 years old Written byhayal12 July 26, 2016

Inspirational and educational though likely to be too intense or boring for kids

This is far and away one of the most inspirational films I've ever seen and a must-see for anyone wanting to make a difference in the world. A multitude of universal lessons can be found here: stand up against injustice, love your neighbour and Gandhi's own "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" are some of the most prevalent. But the highlight of the film is by far Ben Kingsley's incredibly lifelike and justly humane performance in the daunting title role. However: there is little appeal for pre-teens here due to the subject matter, run time and frequent violent scenes (plus some racist language). Overall, though, the film definitely does justice to the incredible person at the story's centre.

Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2016

Very mature, inspirational story about racism.

This is a very mature film and is likely for under 10s to not understand the story line. There are also some very violent bits when the British and Indian are at war. Also a derogatory word "Kaffir"and other mild cursing.

Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2014

Best movie that motivated my indian culture!

I love this movie! But there is little bad language like hell, damn, whore, and bastard but it is a great movie. There is some violence like gandhi getting shot and other people but that doesn't mean kids younger who are interested can't watch. I think it's a great movie for Tweens and older.
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2013

Respect and adoration to the father of peace

Respect and adoration to the father of peaceful and modern protest. Even peaceful coexistance of different beliefs & religion. Rest In Peace - you are truly a respected man in history forever, all around the world.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDeclan Wagar May 28, 2013

Gandhi

We watched this movie in Social Studies in 7th grade, and i thought is was amazing. I recommend being at least 12, because kids under that will not quite be able to follow the story very well. Over all it was one of the best movies I've seen!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPurpleSilhouette December 13, 2012

RECOMMENDED

This movie is not only inspirational and educational but it is also thrilling to watch. My classmates and I watched this during our social science 2 and every single one of us was really paying attention. We enjoyed the movie though it is kind of long but it is still a great movie. I would recommend this movie if you want to know more about Mahatma Gandhi's life, experiences and adventure.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMonocle Man December 1, 2011

Excellent film

I think it is amazing that people call this a boring movie. I suppose some other teens can't handle a film without 24/7 violence. If your child has an attention span over 5 seconds, then give this movie a chance.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 November 29, 2011

Very good biopic.

My rating: PG-13 for violence, some language and smoking.

Role Models: 4/5 - Sense of leadership.

Violence: 3/5 - Beatings, shootings, etc.

Language: 2.5/5 - One use of "w--re", another of "bast--d", other milder terms.

Drugs: 2.5/5 - Some smoking.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 9, 2011

Gandhi: Beautiful Biopic

Gandhi features both Ben Kingsley and director Richard Attenborough at their bests. The movie is an epic that depicts Gandhi from his start as a lawyer all the way through his rise to being one of India's most influential figures. The evolution of the character was a fascinating thing in itself. Note to parents: The movie contains some violence including massacres and beatings, but the violence is controlled. Appropriate for tweens and up.

Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2011

Awesome!!!

I absolutely LOVE this movie!!!!! Gandhi is the coolest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheComposer July 22, 2010

Don't Ask Questions . . . Just Watch It

This film is monumental. Many of the younger people who review this probably don't like it because it's not modern "hollywood." There are no non-stop action scenes, no laugh-until-you-drop moments and no sex scenes (for the immature). What is left is a brilliant movie on the life of Gandhi. I recommend this for anybody who likes feel good classics. From the great cast of Ben Kingsley, Martin Sheen, &c. to the brilliant filmography. I would rate this film 50 out of 5 stars if it were possible. Watch this film and show it to whoever you want as long as they are mature enough to handle the content and have the ability to sit through a 3 1/2 hour film.

Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2010

HORRIBLE, BORING, AND NOT FOR KIDS....

i watched this at school and me along with my whole class where falling asleep. This movie is definetly not for kids due to vilonce and boringness.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid May 15, 2010

Great Education and Message for 12+

It was a very inspiring movie, with a good "non-violence" message from Gandhi and a historical message, and it had good role models.However, parts of the movie had the "bi***" word, and "he**" and some other derogatory terms. It also has brief violence, involving death and blood.
Overall, I loved it.

Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2009

Gandhi

RSKKZ Rating: 10 for violence and mild language.
What Rodni Says: THE GREATEST DOCUMENTARY EVER MADE! It's basically impossible to hate Gandhi, because he never fights back to the British people who beat and kill his people. They should teach kids about the Indian Revolution in American schools, because it is very similar, except the fact that it has a great message. Common Sense, this movie should have 5 stars for message and not just 3. GO GANDHI! This movie is appropriate for ages 8 and up, but I wouldn't show it to anyone under 10 because they wouldn't get it, so 9+, I guess. And you also have to appreciate movies like this because they didn't put in all this unnecessary gore (like in Glory), so that's another reason why I admire this movie. GO GANDHI!