Kid reviews for Gandhi

Gandhi Poster Image

It's For Mature Audiences

We watched the movie in 6th Grade for class, and it's got terrific messages (as you would expect from Gandhi, the father of India), but it's for older kids because of the educational level. It can be powerful and it's very realistic. Gandhi is a movie that you need to see, not because it's good (and, yes it can be entertaining), but because it helps you grow. There is a lot of murder and death, demonstrating the troubles and struggles of the hero, but not over exaggerated.

I'm 9 and I can and will bench your family

I'll do it

The Perfect Film includes positive messages and some graphic violence.

Let's get the bad stuff out of the way. Some characters smoke. Racist language and bas***d are used (infrequent). The film opens with a very upsetting sequence of the Father of India being shot three times and dying, some blood but it's only stained. Another upsetting sequence takes place during a peaceful Indian protest, the British carry out a graphic massacre. There are also disturbing riot sequences. Over all, Gandhi educates the brain, inspires.

You've gotta watch this movie, it's fantastic!

In this film you experience the history of Gandhi and his follower during his long journey. It is important to learn to stand up for yourself without hurting other people.

Too violent for kids

Violent with positive messages.

Inspirational and educational though likely to be too intense or boring for kids

This is far and away one of the most inspirational films I've ever seen and a must-see for anyone wanting to make a difference in the world. A multitude of universal lessons can be found here: stand up against injustice, love your neighbour and Gandhi's own "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" are some of the most prevalent. But the highlight of the film is by far Ben Kingsley's incredibly lifelike and justly humane performance in the daunting title role. However: there is little appeal for pre-teens here due to the subject matter, run time and frequent violent scenes (plus some racist language). Overall, though, the film definitely does justice to the incredible person at the story's centre.

Very mature, inspirational story about racism.

This is a very mature film and is likely for under 10s to not understand the story line. There are also some very violent bits when the British and Indian are at war. Also a derogatory word "Kaffir"and other mild cursing.

Best movie that motivated my indian culture!

I love this movie! But there is little bad language like hell, damn, whore, and bastard but it is a great movie. There is some violence like gandhi getting shot and other people but that doesn't mean kids younger who are interested can't watch. I think it's a great movie for Tweens and older.

Respect and adoration to the father of peace

Respect and adoration to the father of peaceful and modern protest. Even peaceful coexistance of different beliefs & religion. Rest In Peace - you are truly a respected man in history forever, all around the world.

Gandhi

We watched this movie in Social Studies in 7th grade, and i thought is was amazing. I recommend being at least 12, because kids under that will not quite be able to follow the story very well. Over all it was one of the best movies I've seen!