Kid reviews for Gangster Squad

Gangster Squad Poster Image

Best gaming experience ever!

It's about Simba and Nala teaming up with the gangster squad to arrest Scar because he stole all the ginger ale.

"Gangster Squad" movie review

Although "Gangster Squad" isn't an original film, it is still a very fun film to watch. I do think that expectations were high when the movie first came out and that kind of disappointed audience members. Still, this a fun adventure about doing what is right. The performances in this movie are great. Josh Brolin plays Sergeant O'Mara, a man who wants to bring down mob boss Mickey Cohen (played by Sean Penn). Sean Penn is the best part of this movie. He is very intimidating as the real-life gangster. Ryan Gosling gives a great performance as O'Mara's partner, Detective Wooters. He is believable as the tough police detective and the scene when he gets motivated was done perfectly. The movie has terrific action. The movie is very violent. From the beginnning, the audience knows what they are in for. This is not a movie for younger children. I do think the movie is fun to watch. The thrill of watching Sgt. O'Mara and Det. Wooters try to hunt Cohen was brilliant. The only problem I had with the movie was a tonal inconsistency and the movie focuses too much on the action rather than story sometimes. That being said, older teens and adults will who like crime dramas will enjoy this movie.

A classic title with an interesting plot.

Great movie. Highly recomended

Very violent, uninteresting tale of the cops war with the mob.

I only saw parts of this movie, but it seemed pretty dumb, and there are scenes that are very violent. One character is ripped in half by to cars, spewing blood and gore all over, coyotes are shown eating his entrals. Another character is stabbed through the head with a power drill, Its seen from behind on a translucent door, blood and bits of skull are shown spattering and smearing on the window, with sound effects of his skull chipping and shattering. Not to mention lots of gun fights, that show dozens of characters shot and killed, with Tommy guns, pistols, and shotguns, however they don't show graphic amounts of blood in most scenes, one or two large gun fights features one person having spurting blood from his body. Also at least a dozen F words, and sexual references. Nothing interesting, or surprising happens in the plot, so its not really worth it either.

No Names. No Badges. No Mercy.

There was terrible lighting and although the performances were pretty good. Completely forgettable and generic. C.

Great Gangster Movie

This good guys v.s. bad guys action movie is great, entertaining, and violent. There are jokes and it isn't very dark. Language is moderate. Top three best movie in my eyes along side This Means War and 21 Jump Street.

pretty good, loved the plot

this movie to me was actually pretty good, im a big fan of emma stone and ryan gosling, so i had to see it. the movie was showed how life was in the 40's i think or it was the 60's. either way it showed how i guess "gangsters" were, and how mean they were. a lot of people die, a lot of innocent people. a woman almost gets raped, but a cop saves her. the main "gangster" the head of the mob, kills people very grossly, like burning them, ripping them apart, and drilling holes in their heads, some scenes i had to turn my face, and im 16 years old. so, it was a little violent, but the plot was amazing,excelent actors, and actresses. of course the good guy always wins at the end. some people say that it wasnt as good as the untouchables, which of course is true, i mean this is sort of a remake. but you cant replace robert di'niro. he's a genius, born for that type of character. but this movie wasnt so bad itself, keeps you intersetsed, never got bored. most teenagers will like it, cause i sure did.

WARNING PARENTS THIS MOVIE COULD BE OK

one seen shows somthing my mom did not let me see. another seen shows some thing but i saw it comeing , two people stick a drill in some body bart and at the verry beging a chane is tided to a man`s legs head and arms then the carsdrive in oppisit ways and rip him in half the body is not shown after words (my mom did not let me see thoes partstold about above ). now language just the normal PG-13 or R) language .

Los Angeles, 1940's, the city is now Occupied Tinsel Town, Mickey Cohen has the police and justice sistem in his pocket. But, a pocket group of good cops are what are preventing total takeover and freedom.

If your kids saw The Untouchables, basically the same thing, but this being R , it has a much wider window. Beneath the shootouts, is the positive message to stand up for what is right. It was a good film non the less.