Kid reviews for Garden State

Smart drama for mature older teens and up.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMusiclovergig November 11, 2021

Pretty Good

As a huge step away from Scrubs, Zach Braff's writing and acting in this movie is pretty brilliant. The story is simple enough and it's overall a pretty peaceful movie. Sure, it does get a little slow here and there and it is a little too full of itself but it's still worth a watch if you're looking for a basic rom-com. Overall: 7/10, might bore younger teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 7, 2012

Mature, the anti-Scrubs

While in "Scrubs," drugs are given to patients to help them feel better, in this film, they're weighing Andrew (Braff) down. He's become numb, not even crying at his own mother's funeral. He comes back to his hometown in Jersey and realizes no one's really changed, but he will, with a new love interest. This movie is great independent cinema, and NOT for kids whatsoever.

Teen, 17 years old Written bygodspuppet April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bymiranda1993 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Great!

An amazing film, but it really earns its R-rating, I had to skip two or three scenes throughout.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynumberdomino April 9, 2008

I cried I laughed but not at the same time

This movie was very good and i thought the beggining was a little iffy but it just kept getting better and had some sad parts(aka hamster)and tons of funny ones. If you want something that will change your life watch this or listen to some of The Shins.