Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Get Him to the Greek

Original buddy comedy is full of drugs, sex, rock 'n' roll.

Adult Written byStephanie04 May 28, 2010

strictly not for kids

strictly not for kids, but us adults could indeed enjoy this movie, i think i've watched it's trailer for a lot of times more than 10 most likely Russell Brand is really hot, luckt Katy

Parent of a 2 year old Written byandersse June 20, 2010

Probably things your teen has already seen, but be cautious

I enjoyed it as an adult who likes sophomoric male comedies, but I think it's not appropriate for kids under 17 or so. It depends on how much experience your child has with explicit content; I think many teens today already have seen much of this. But it definitely glorifies sex, drugs, and alcohol abuse. There is a scene with a threesome. Beware if you aren't comfortable with your kid seeing this type of content.

Adult Written byGracie C. March 29, 2018

So funny!

Me and my dad and little sister watched this, I am 14 she is 12 and we loved it! It’s a good thing to watch, it shows kids what not to do when growing old! It was so funny we laughed at every word

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 18, 2015

Buddy comedy has inspired moments

Russell Brand's character in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was one of the film's highlights. So it was a pretty good idea to do a little spin off with him and a reincarnated Jonah Hill, playing a totally different role. While we have seen a lot of this stuff before (do you really think he's not going to get to the Greek?) but Hill's nerd makes you root for him (plus he gets in some great physical comedy) and Russell Brand was kind of born to play Aldous Snow, after harnessing that character's potential in "Sarah Marshall." This is surely an adult comedy, endless language, some sex scenes (a really, really bizarre one, I'll just say it involves three people) and drug content, all for comedic effect. Marathon this back to back with "FSM" and you'll have a fun, lighthearted Apatow-flavored afternoon.

Adult Written byMartha_R November 1, 2011

...

Very interesting... Free mp4 to mp3 converter

Parent of a 10 year old Written bynessa3210 August 20, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS OR TEENS!

I don't know how parents can let kids watch movies like this. As an adult I don't even recommend this to other adults. As for the kids, there was too much sex. I think that because drugs were seen as fun in this movie it should not be watched by teenagers, because the real life out come of using the harder drugs is more serious. There is cheating in a relationship, an anal situation, bare breast grabbing in front of others, something that appears to be a rape, plenty more sex scenes, lots of drugs, tons of cussing, irresponsible behavior, etc.

Adult Written bylilsis2amarine June 6, 2011

Offensive with very few hints of funny

I was disappointed by this movie after being told it was fantastic by most of my friends but in the end I sat wondering when it would be over the drugs, sex and language really turned me off of the movie in the worst way! Far to many F-bombs and other offensive terms. I think 16, as the site suggests is way to young! I am 22 and I felt to young to be watching it!

Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

Absolutely hilarious, raunchy, drug-feuled buddy comedy is somewhat heartwarming

Not only does this movie have some amazingly funny site gags, frequent funny lines, and the best hotel fight scenes ever, but this heartwarming (at least near the end), hilarious comedy proves that true humor is still alive in cinema. Aldous Snow has some of the most hilarious songs ever wirtten in this movie. Russell Brand and Jonah Hill (who's come a long way since Superbad) work astoundingly well together. I loved this movie. My only issue was some unnecissary dramatic moments. But, those are easily passable. The humor is fast-paced and well-wirtten, although raunchy. Parents: This is an extremely randy film, with sex scenes, sexual references, drug use, strong language, and some violence (especially in the hilarious hotel room fight). Bottom Line: This is well worth your money if you can withstand very raunchy humor. The music, the acting, and the humor all fit together perfectly. And you wouldn't think that this chaotic comedy wraps up in a nice, neat happy ending. But that's only what I took from it. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byOhioParent October 1, 2010

Not for anyone under 18, period.

This is a adult movie, period. I watched it and thought it was really funny. It is NOT for children of any age, as just about everything in the movie is inappropriate. From language to drug use, this is a movie I would not allow anyone under 18 to see. I would not recommend it to young adults as the theme of the movie makes more sense to older adults that grew up in the 70's and early 80's.

Parent of a 10, 10, 16, 17, and 18+ year old Written bytheguy July 26, 2010

good film for Borco and borco only

Borco loves it

Parent of a 9 and 9 year old Written byLonghornmom July 11, 2010

generally funny but inappropriate for under 18

This movie is definitely in the same category as Hangover so beware. Although a few parts of Hangover made me cringe, I thought that movie was pretty funny. This movie had a few just completely inappropriate vulgar moments so it was worse than Hangover in my opinion, and not as funny. This is completely inappropriate for any kid under 17, I don't care what their "maturity" level is. That all being said, it was generally funny and actually had a good message in the end. If I had read more reviews, and could do it again, I woudl wait to see it on DVD.

Adult Written byAio July 8, 2010

did not like it at all

to me it was yucky movie with no value, rude, NO FUNNY at all horrible movie!

Adult Written bythe ethan June 25, 2010

Parent of a 2, 3, and 6 year old Written byMom3munkies June 24, 2010

mildly funny..but not for children!

Not appropriate for kids under 18. I am an adult and felt bad about thinking the movie was funny. Teenagers should not see this movie.

Adult Written bySugaMetal June 15, 2010

Parent of a 13 year old Written bycavenoid June 13, 2010

watch 'Almost Famous' instead

This movie got the highest ratings in our local paper, and we sat through it befuddled. The actors were very charismatic but the subject matter escalated from vulgar to obscene, all with a "this is perfectly normal" tone to it. How many more movies about getting drugs and getting wasted in Las Vegas do we need? How many more anal sex jokes? Spoiler alert: The main character is completely traumatized (raped, forced to be a drug mule, participant in a stabbing) and there is little feeling to it all because it's supposed to be "funneeee!" It's like Jackass with drugs. Have your older kids who want stronger stuff watch Almost Famous instead. It's got all the bad behavior with a strong moral center and a fully realized story.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byxphilemike June 9, 2010

HORRID for ALL AGES

Adult Written byCoffeeTable June 7, 2010

Excessive drug use not for under 13

Russell Brand (Aldous Snow) does not have to act because he is living the character of his life. He has personally gone through (most) of the stuff in this movie. He is a terrible Role model and has a very experienced past but the movie put some if it in perspective when he actually started to think like a normal human being and not some coked out rock star who is only interested in one thing. Children will not understand the references and the drug involvement is a little loose. The other main character Aaron Green (Jonah Hill) seems to have no trouble trying the things that Aldous recommends in terms of drugs and seems to be quite the little lemming until the end of the movie where he finally sticks up for himself (and his relationship which turned out on the rocks 15 min into the movie). It ends on a positive note, which did not destroy the theme of the movie, and was a little 'feel good' (without giving too much away)

Parent of a 17 year old Written byflowerchild39345 June 7, 2010

nothing good about this movie

I am an adult and could not enjoy the movie for all of the negative promotions of drugs and foul language.