Kid reviews for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Crazy, violent, dumb action sequel quickly burns out.

Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2012

Filled with Nonstop Action

This cool, action packed thrill ride will blow you away. Nicolas Cage gives his craziest performance yet as Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. Ciaran Hinds gives a pretty decent performance as the devil. I am a Christian and did not like the devil, also a strongly negative role model. However, there are some positive messages. This film is very violent and is sometimes gross. There were a lot of little kids in the theater and they were all freaked out. There are some scenes that will make you jump, for example, during the very first scene after one of the people says, "I'm done with this conversation." The secondary villain has the power of decay and uses it on people. Ew. Sexual content is only implied, not shown. No nudity. Lots of language, about 20 mild obscenities and one f-bomb. The secondary villain eats a Twinkie. In the beginning, Blaze searches for as many drugs as he can and takes a lot. Overall, everything was so awesome including one of the best action scenes I have ever seen. There is a little lack of story and an abrupt ending, but I recommend you see it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 February 10, 2015

An improvement to the original, but also a bit worse.

And when I mean dumb, I MEAN DUMB. Positive: Idris Elba : No matter how bad the movies he play in, he's still a likeable guy. Ghost Rider's Design : Looks cooler than the original's design. Action: It was good, especially the opening and the flaming chainsaw scene. Negative: Nicholas Cage: He was so bad that he ended up being hilarious and not in a good way. Ghost Rider's Transformation: Although it was Ok, it is like going on an acid trip. The Pee Joke: I found it childish. Cinematography and Editing: Although the action was good, the camera was so shaky. Overall, it's dumb.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygemscale1234 March 14, 2012

The Best 3D Tween Movie Yet !!!

Ghost Rider is a fun action-packed movie.very fun for teens ! there's hardly any blood,mostly action and fantasy and some frequent hard swearing.Very good effects though I don't think kids under 13 should watch.Ghost Rider's Skull is creepy and very real looking,Can scare little kids...

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus April 7, 2013

Just Okay.

This movie was actually pretty bad. The thing that made it worth watching for me was the fact that Nicolas Cage is in it. Just face it - Cage gives hilarious performance in pretty much all his movies. There is this one scene in particular where he is trying to hold back from turning into the Ghost Rider, but there's someone taunting him and he is freaking out, and it was so entertaining to watch. Overall, a dumb, poorly-executed, movie, but fun to see on rental- just don't be expecting a good movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan November 27, 2012

BETTER THEN THE FIRST GHOST RIDER BUT NOT THE SAME AS THE FIRST ONE.

6 years ago (2007) we saw Ghost rider for the first (out of thousand times) but i say spirit of vengeance is BETTER. but misses the story-line from the first one. WARRING SPOILERS . instead of a paper cut he punches glass instead me and my friends enjoyed this movie but we dint see it together all with are familys

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow August 4, 2012

Dumb sequel is too loud and excessive

Granted, I marginally enjoyed the first Ghost Rider film. It was fun, campy, pulpy, and moderately entertaining, with a humorous script. Now, with the sequel, there was a director switch, and I did notice one improvement over the previous film: its special effects are cooler and better rendered. But in nearly every other aspect, it is much less entertaining. There is still action, but its script is weaker than that of the first film, and Nic Cage's performance is much too predictable by now. On the upside, Violante Placido is very nice as the film's hottie, and Fergus Riordan is a very talented child actor. But the plot is a garbled mess that holds almost no similarity to the first film; like, why is the devil played by Ciarán Hinds instead of Peter Fonda? The two actors couldn't be more different. This film might please heavy action junkies, but most others will be dissatisfied.

Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2012

Fun But Scary

Great Movie But There Some Violence And The Bad World Hear A Lot One Use Of The F World

Teen, 13 years old Written byJesusFreak62 July 8, 2012

Okay then.......

Surprisingly, Spirit of Vengence is better than the first which isnt really asking much. This movie has some wierd action scenes. In the middle of one of them, Ghost Rider randomly starts floating in the air in laying position and starts spinning around in circles! To me, that makes no sense what so ever. But some of the action scenes are alright and the special effects arent that bad but the villians are so stupid. Especially the guy who decentigrates things. The best part of the movie is when Nicholas Cage start flipping out and goes crazy because he doesnt wanr the ghost rider to come out when he is interrigating that bad guy. He's laughing and giggling when his eyes are sucking into his skull! I dont know if that part was supposed to be funny or not but it was freaking hilarious because it was so stupid. Did you know this movie was co-written by the writer of the Dark Knight trilogy? This movie just had alright acting, horrible screenplay, horrible villians, okay action scenes and special effects, and a hero with a flaming skull that pees fire. Thats about it. 2/5 stars

Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2012

Awesome movie.

I loved it. Amazing movie. a this is one of the worst reviews common sense media has done. Its fun and has great humor. I loved this movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews June 30, 2012

Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengence Movie Review

Bad sequel is not worth your money.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 16, 2012

Stupid you cant tell whats oing on!

Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 21, 2012

its grrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaat!

should have won an Oscar. one of the greatest films of all time. packed with explosions, terror, epic camera shots and great special effects, teens who love action, see this now!!!!!!!

Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2012

I loved this one better then the first ghost rider !!!!!!!!!

This movie is awesome because it has more action as the first ghost rider and it has more ghost rider feel to it. It has diffrent characters in this one except Johnney Blaze. I saw this one in 3-D this one is awesome in 3-D there are so much stuff coming out of the screen. Also this feels more like a reboot then a sequel. see this movie in the theaters in 3-D or 2-D

Teen, 15 years old Written bynewgeneration22 March 13, 2019

Not as good as the first one but the rider in this one reminds me of the comics.

It is a little dark but not for kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBps 20999 October 19, 2018

Ok for ages 14 and up

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2014

Evil

Very evil, even though he is Ghost Rider, but still. The devil talks in the kids head and everything about this movie is evil.
Kid, 9 years old July 20, 2012

ghost rider

Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews June 30, 2012

Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengence Movie Review

Bad sequel is not worth your money.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBooknerd101 May 24, 2012

Dark, vilent, AMAZING!

Ghost Rider 2, the best of the... 2. Amazing special effects(The Ghost Rider gets in one of the mine digging things and it transforms.)! It was a dark movie. He is seen slowly transforming. I recommend it!