All parent member reviews for Ghost Rider

Parent of a 6, 12, 14, 15, 15, and 16 year old Written byMediaMentors November 14, 2009

Ghost Rider the monster

Ghost Rider is a movie of a skull head on fire. It's alsome he's a hero. But the devil took Johnny Blaze soul for this monster. But it's an action movie!
Adult Written bykjkirk April 9, 2008
Parent Written bycomicbookfan2144 July 10, 2012

Not PG-13, maybe R.

Several intense violent, bloody, suspenful scary moments, along with b---h, godd-mn, sh-t, a--, and a muttered f---, but unless you listen closely you will only here a word that sounds more like "fuh," there is also a lot of cigarettes, alcohal, and brief marijuana.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written bythomasr 1 August 13, 2015

OK!!

It wasn't that good, their were some good scenes but that was it. Nothing bad at all tiny bit of swearing. It is however worth watching.
Adult Written bydarkknightrises232 July 14, 2012

It may be too scary for kids under 13 or 14.

The movie has several scens of firey violence, along with the uses of the words b---h, bulls--t, and a--.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byShadowhedgehog91 May 1, 2011

Pretty Good for people over 12

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Most people hate it and in my own opinion it's a petty good movie..has barely any blood, and as I recall has no sexual things involved. Mostly 13 through 17 years old will enjoy this movie...just like I did and it still remains one of my favorite movies to watch.
Parent Written byPlague March 5, 2010

Ghost Rider

I didnt like it all that much. It was pretty cheesy as far as superhero action films go, but the plot was ok.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byanitajade February 24, 2010

pretty good

it is a pretty good movie
Adult Written byjulievic June 26, 2009

15 and up fine, but below that I would not recommend

This movie being a Marvel comic was marketed toward children. We took our 6 year old and our 9 year old and walked out after the first fifteen minutes of it. Images were VERY scary, demons, melting faces etc...
Adult Written bygoldiern April 9, 2008

Great movie for older children who know of this comic

Adult Written byChris32 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bykpalm April 9, 2008

Not for kids under age 13

I was surprised that the violence in this movie was characterized as "cartoonish". Not even close. It was very violent. The bad guys were scary looking and acting. The distinction between working for the devil but only getting bad guys will be lost on children under 13. Not a bad movie, my 14 year old loved it, but we had to take my 10 year old nephew out of the theater 20 minutes into the show. Too scary for even the most sophisticated or mature child under age 13.
Adult Written byDENice4U April 9, 2008

I Thought it was on par with the book,Cage did a great job as the Ghost Rider .I thought it was great.anyone who don't like this movie is creazy.
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymelissaardenyi April 9, 2008

fabulous

I have always been a fan of Nic cage and once again he shines in Ghost Rider. The story is a classic between good and evil and ends on a note that lives on in a memory. It had my full attention the entire time. I wasnt too happy with Eva Mendes and think they could have done a better job in finding a different leading lady but I do feel she did the best she could and put forth the effort. Definitely a Saturday night popcorn movie.......
Adult Written bycortright5 April 9, 2008

Not ok for 12 year olds

I thought that the evil characters that are shown are pretty intense. However, they are really cheesy, but I believe some of the dialog would make me think again whether my child would be able to distinguish good from evil. It leaves mixed messages. Nicolas Cage was too old for this role and the young actress and Cage had no chemistry.
Adult Written byEffieMay April 9, 2008

Graphic Images!

Not for young children. Frightening images of skeletal faces on fire and fanged tooth demons flashing on the screen left me feeling very unsettled. I was shocked to see parents bringing there 8-10 year old children to see this movie.
Adult Written byDrewsmoked April 9, 2008

Adult Written byflare33 April 9, 2008

very dark and very comic bookish but also entertaining

parents check your brain before this one. but if your child is old enough or mature enough then its a pure popcorn pleasure. sit back and enjoy.