Kid reviews for Ghost

'90s classic has violence, cursing, sexual references.

Wondering if Ghost is OK for your kids?

Teen, 14 years old Written byDJ Ninja972 September 23, 2020

"No positive role models"?

Yes, there is tons of graphic imagery, a very hot sex scene and strong language, like CSM said, but they also said there aren't any positive role models. Sam Wheat is a very good guy and always does what's right, including the fact that he doesn't mean to kill anyone (until the end of the movie - I won't spoil anything). He also tells Oda Mae that she can't just keep the 4 million dollars that Sam and her extract from a fake bank account in an attempt to steal the money back off the villain, as that would be stealing the money from the thief. However, the reason why they might not have counted this is because this is also a very comedic scene.

Teen, 14 years old Written byuser123321user July 10, 2020

Good movie

This movie talked about the afterlife. There are some scary scenes in the movie like the demons. It has a good combination between drama and thriller. Some of the violence in the movie are bloody. There was one sex scene in the movie.

Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2020

Ghost

Great movie sad and violent but overall good it has to do with death and the afterlife heaven and hell. Lots of swearing and violence especially at the end. Movie shows people going to hell and much blood is shown.

Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2020

Amazing classic but has lots of violence and swearing

Great classic with great acting from Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. You should watch it with your kids. The only restrictions I would say is the violence, swearing, and a little bit of kissing and sex. I love this movie it’s a mix of a drama, suspense, and comedy. WATCH IT!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written bya42d2 March 25, 2020

AH

REALLY GOOD MOVIE. IT MADE ME GRANDMA CRY. VERY GOOD. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written bymeugenio January 12, 2016

I LOVE IT

Such a good movie, and funny and suspenseful. Some scenes are a little inappropriate though. 12+ will do
Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2015

Questionable, violent, clever and lovable.

This creative 1990 ghost flick with violence, sexual and suggestive scenes and salty language. The main charecter's death is bloody and emotional, a bad guy is pierced by a ragged sheet of glass, which is very gross and bloody, and the other bad guy is crushed in between a truck and a car. An early scene where the main charecter and his girlfriend start to mold a very suggestive object, which leads to a very questionable passionate make out scene, with the guy caressing the girl's butt, and it is sweaty and passionate. A joke about a genital rash. F--k a couple of times, s--t, in all of it's variations. A great message about moving on, and loss. Good role models want the best for their loved ones.

Teen, 14 years old Written bygrawrawbite August 9, 2014

Exellent

One of my favourite movies, very heart capturing and really makes you connect to the movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byKi-RBT July 28, 2014

Not Too Bad for Its Subject

The violence really isn't as bad as the main review makes it out to be. It is not overly bloody through use of different shots at the worst of it, and it is mostly only hinted at. Also, while the romantic parts are passionate, there is nothing that really goes too far for mature tweens and up. There is, however, a bit of language, but if the watcher is not particularly sensitive to this, it isn't a major problem.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 5, 2014

It's sappy but really enjoyable!

This isn't a big take on spiritual afterlife...it's just a really fun Swayze movie! Even though it's syrupy as CSM points out, Goldberg broke out with this comical role as a faux/but not really fake psychic who speaks for Swayze's ghost, to the disbelief of others. It's essentially a four person show, and each actor makes the most out of the highly original script. It's melodramatic and lovable, and a fine trip down memory lane seeing Swayze in his prime.

Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

Rhealllllyyyyyyy good! Just be careful of the kiddies.

This is a very good movie. The acting is very believeable, and there are some parts that are funny. But, be warned, there are young kids that this would probably scare ( i.e. mugging in an ally, demon dragging bad guys to the ground,prudsumably to hell, during one part, Sam is pushing things off shelves and is cahsing his murder around while thrghouing things at him) ounger children, and there is a part where there is a big blood spater, not really bad and only on a piece of glass, but still, it's blood. There are lingering shots, and it implies that the two lovers have sex. But, don't get me wrong, it's still a wonderful movie, and kids 12 and up, if you think they're mature enough, would love it!!
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2010

Great Movie!

I know I'm too younge to see the movie, but I like it a lot. It is awesome. The African American lady (I forgot her name) she is sooo funny! The theme is interesting to me, the plot is interesting. The romance is kinda weird. But I like it a lot! Great Movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCandiceTalks June 14, 2010

Amazing movie, but not for immature kids..

I watched it with my younger sister (age 9), and she wasn't very comfortable with it. She was hiding her eyes at some violent parts, she was acting strange and giggling at the more sensual scenes, and the language wasn't very appropriate for her age. I, on the other hand, enjoyed this movie so much! I actually cried, it's so romantic. There are some violent parts, but nothing too bad, the swearing is very mild, and the sex isn't in your face at all. I rate this movie on for ages 11+ unless your child is extremely mature.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGhostlover15 March 27, 2010

Great movie but it shouldn't be seen by anyone younger than 9

I love this movie so much! The first time I saw it was 5 or 6 because my mom loves it! but it me seeing young doesn't mean anything to anyone else because I've seen alot of things young. But Great movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written bydr duck December 24, 2009
This film is gorgeous and theirs no doubting that. Even though this film is not a horror there may be some scary parts (i.e. after a murder dies devils come up and pull him into the ground). There is blood but it was too unrealistic to be inappropriate (think Monty Python and the Holy Grail blood) . While there is language it is uncommon and mostly mild. The message of this movie is that evil never prevails. There are good role models such as Sam for never giving up or Oto for giving full hope

Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2009

bitter sweet

this is 1 of the best movies ever!!! it might be kinda scary 4 some kids if they dont do well with blood cuz theres alot of blood. but this movie probably wouldnt be any good if it didnt have patrick swayze in it.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 November 28, 2009

great movie

LOVE THIS MOVIE! sad, but funny at parts.

demi moore and patrick swayze (R.I.P) are great.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Pretty good-- I saw this when I was twelve (3 years ago) and it was fine

A pretty good movie and the acting was solid. Some younger kids might be disturbed by the dark spirits that drag some ghost characters down through the ground. Other than that, there was some mild language and one slightly bloody scene (in the climax, but I don't want to give anything away).