Parent reviews for Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Playful paranormal reboot offers funny frights for families.

Adult Written byAurelius206 November 21, 2021

Is this really a Kids movie???

Kids Movie, hmmm you be the judge...

Here's my review of the film w/o trying to give away spoilers but there will be a few.

1.) In the original Ghostbusters full grown men had a hard time working the "Ghost gun" but some type of way this litter 12 yr old girl w/ pencil thin arms can do it and hold a ghost who is clearly flying at 60 mph in place. This is easy to overlook as long as this is a certifable kids movie

2.) The main character is likeable but its absolutely insane how she shows little to NO emotion when she encountered her 1st Ghost. She said in the movie "she keeps her emotions on the inside" which doesn't make for good film imo...

3.) The girl's friend said "Greg wants to bone your mom" hmmm interesting talk for a kids movie. I don't care if bad ass kids talk like that at school. We should be trying to teach them a better way not enable their current bad habits

4.) I hear a cuss word or two and I shrug it off but this movie latched on and let it rip lol. "D*mn", "shit", "ass", a**hole, Bad A**,
Again either it's a kids movie or its not but the wreckless speaking was frustrating and putting cuss words where they didn't need to be.

5.) The Ghost could scare some younger kids. They're definitely scarier than the old GB.

I think the movie is decent but if you don't want to train your kid to talk like a truck driver I'd advised against this one for younger kids.

My daughter is 12 and she won't be seeing it

Adult Written byGortos November 24, 2021

Promotes pedophilia

The scene showing a young teenage girl changing her clothes promotes pedophilia. This is lewd and should not ever be shown. This is not a family film. It is extremely disappointing that this is in a film which could have been a fun family film.

Adult Written byLandonT22 December 1, 2021

I guess it is good?

Well it has some stuff such as(the 2 main characters have sex ,offscreen) but EH ,it’s okay.

Adult Written byLiranah November 30, 2021

A new family favorite!

We took our sons to the theater to watch this reboot of the classic Ghostbusters movie and loved it! I was impressed with the diversity/representation showcased in this movie. (compared to the original movies) There was a very strong female lead in Mckenna Grace as the young Phoebe Spengler who was proud of her love of science and so capable.

Adult Written bywet fart November 29, 2021

When it comes to ghost busters their always classics this is the way to do a reboot

If your child is scared of jump scares and loud sounds with screaming monsters i would keep them home for it. The movie contains a few jump scares with lots of suspense. The movie also contains an adult seen off camera

Parent of a 4, 6, and 9-year-old Written byUncleChris November 24, 2021

aimed more at kids than the other Ghostbusters films

it's fun, not too bad. nothing special.
I think the perfect target age for this film is 8-13
but the language is 10+
older teens and adults will likely find it corny. but if you've seen the original, you'll enjoy it for nostalgia.
if your kid is ok with some language and a few quick scares it's fine. gives me similar vibes to an 80s film but less offensive than most we grew up with.

The main girl is a good role model.

Adult Written byalonsodel78 November 24, 2021

Just perfect! the old and the new

If the kids can see the old movie first is better. Anyway it is an amazing movie for the family

Adult Written byHenryJanzen November 22, 2021

Busting ghosts

I thought it was a funny movie in general with great action scenes for the whole family. There are some scenes that are startling, but not scary, even though there are ghosts, good and bad, in the movie. I believe it would appeal to families and especially kids in the tween years.

Adult Written byAutomatic404 November 20, 2021

Only good things to say

It's fun, with some good scares, lots of laughs and touching moments. It's naustalgic with a modern take on the franchise. It was great to see the original cast back together. My wife, teenage daughters, and I, thoroughly enjoyed it. After watching the movie, we only had good things to say.

Parent of a 15-year-old Written byltcolkep November 19, 2021

A rare sequel

Rarely do sequels live up to or best the original film. This one just might do that. First, remember it’s a fun movie with some comedy and some scariness involved. If you liked the original, I think you’ll like this one. I noted the showings were pretty much sold out. The audience in my showing were into the movie. There was sing-a-long with the Ghostbuster theme song. The post credit snippets were worth waiting for. And it was fun to see the old cast members reprise their roles. Definitely worth seeing!