All teen and kid member reviews for Ghostbusters

Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009
Hilarious movie, my favourite line being "Shhh! Can you smell that?" Great movie, pehaps the sex could have been cut. Oral ghost sex?! No thanks.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoctor11 September 16, 2013

A classic! A little suggestive though

i loved this movie as a kid and i still love it. there are some probs though. VIOLENCE AND SCARINESS- personaly i dont think the violence is that bad. the Busters just capture the ghosts rather than "kill"(i suppose u could say) them. a few of the ghosts can be scary though. there is this this ghost in the biginning that scared the sanity out of a librarian just by yelling at her. there is also this "god" named zule that looks like the devil. he can be quite scary. there arent just scary ghosts though. some are goofy and played for laughs. SUGGESTIVE STUFF- a demon possess a characters body and will often say and do things that can be very innapropriate. i think she once said, "do you want this body." and many otherthings. LANGUAGE- d*mn, sh*t, p*ss, d*ck, h*ll ALCHOHOL AND SMOKING- every single one of the Busters are seen smoking at least once in this movie.they do share some booze once or twice. i think the first time i saw this was at age 9 or so and i was fine with it.
Kid, 3 years old September 25, 2011

ghost busteres

Kid, 9 years old September 8, 2009

if something strange in your neighborhood who your going to call ghost busters!!

I love this movie and the song is always stuck in my head and do i care no!!
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2011

I love it!

I watched this movie with my sister and I loved it!!
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2010

Ghostbusters-Movie Review

I thought the 1984 movie "Ghostbusters" was the grestest movie of the 1980's. I thought that the movie did have a little too much profanity. Now, if this movie came out in this decade it would be PG-13. But the MPAA did not have good control of there films until 2000. Also,the MPAA did not have the PG-13 rating until after the film Gremlins came out. P.S: There is some scray scenes the film that might scare kids under the age of 11, so what ever you do do not let them see this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Who ya gonna call?

Ghostbusters is a hilarious comedy and definitely one of my favorite movies from the 80's. I love Slimer, he made me crack up. As far as content goes, Ghostbusters isn't awfully inappropriate. There is one scene that hints at oral sex, some language, and some violence that may be a bit scary for young kids, but overall it's appropriate for kids 10+
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2015

great movie,but could do without the swearing

amazing film but has loads of s--t and one b--ch there's nothing too scary and is perfect family film (despite the swearing) check it out if u don't mind swearing there's nothing else bad
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2010

happy halloween 2010\10\31

its a $H!^ full movie. no joke it has lots of bad words but it allso has some aduld images.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey August 15, 2009

funny

I cant believe i didn't see it sooner! Anyways, a funny film the whole family can enjoy, but there is sex and violence and some language so know your kids!

Fun movie

This movie is lots of fun to watch, but some of the talk is less than pleasent, like in one scene a man says the mayor has no, um, weenee.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist December 31, 2015

Who ya gonna call? This movie makes you laugh more than scream.

I wouldn't say violence is a huge issue, although a demon throws back the Ghostbusters nearly off a building. There is a relationship in this movie, but no sex. Some people are turned into scary dogs. There is a tiny bit of language.
Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2015

Scary, not that good

Hello, The first thing I wanted to mention was that this movie was more scary that what most people say. At the end there is a monster/ghost that is very scary, when I watched it when I was 5 years old I got really scared. Would not recommend this movie if you don't like horror movies.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2015

And this is PG!?

I watched this in the living room and whoa! This did NOT deserve to be PG. There was tons of language and mild violence. Also there was lots of suggestive themes. I don't blame you common sense, this truly is a mature movie.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2015

GHOSTBUSTERS

When I took out the GHOSTBUSTERS Blu-Ray from the Whippanong Library in Whippany, NJ I thought it was going to be a great movie. The movie was horrible. When the Ghosts start invading NYC two possed neighbors played by Sigourney Weaver and Rick Moranis. Start acting wired and start being mid controlled.
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2015

Amazing.

This is one of my best movies. It is perfect for young teens and up. Their is violence and explosions. Some of the Ghostbusters smoke. It has mild language. It has some scary scene. One ghost it an old lady then face turns to monster. Gozer is a woman with red eyes. Lots of other paranormal activity occur throughout the movie. This movie is also very funny. The funniest is the Ghostbuster Peter. It also has some brief sexual scenes
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2015

Great movie and very exciting.

This movie is pretty good, for any pre-teens and up. Very good storyline idea and is in constant energy and can be a mind blower, ghost graphics are satisfying ad similar to the ghosts in Luigi's Mansion on Nintendo Gamecube (2001). Great movie all round recommended to any sci-fi lover who wants to see action.
Kid, 8 years old May 14, 2015

Very funny comedy is violent, and has racy content.

My rating R for: strong ghost violence, racy references, language, and some creepy images.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaredevilwolfgirl February 4, 2015

GREAT movie, a few of things parents should know...

I have been watching this 80's classic since I was less than 4 years old. It swears a few times, but I never really understood the drinking or oral ghost sex scene, or even when the possessed Dana's strange words until I was about 8. (I always thought Dana was acting weird, since she WAS turning into a rabid dog-thing). Parents can easily skip the sex scene or cover their kids' eyes without them missing anything important, however Dana's possession scenes are a must-see in order for the movie to make sense. Scary-wise, kids younger than 10 might be a little scared for the first ghost they encounter (the librarian one) I know I always ducked under a blanket when the ghost screamed, but all the other ghosts and apperitions aren't that frightening, Slimer actually being more funny than scary. I've heard of the dog-things have made kids a bit scared but I never found them bone-chilling in the 9 years I've seen this movie. . . . In all, I think that as long as you're not a stickler for swearing, this movie shouldn't be too bad for kids about 10-ish up, as long as they aren't sensitive towards scary things. -Best of Luck, Dare
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2015

A great movie

A must watch for 10 year olds and up. It's a great classic. It's funny but no scary but the second was kinda scary.But who are you going to call? The Ghostbusters!!!