All parent member reviews for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Adult Written byJamesFord92 November 13, 2010
It's pretty violent through out, but none of it is done any sort of a realistic way, so most kids in the 11-13 age range can probably handle it.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 October 14, 2009
Good movie, but there is alot of human suffering and violence with some blood, some sex, some menace, and other mature themes.
Adult Written bywjbyman October 22, 2009

special effects with a bunch of bad guys vs good guys

Just another action flick that is pure hollywood special effects. I would buy the DVD as a time killer, but there are really no positive messages here. Language is OK. No sex. GI Joe II is coming.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 8, 2012

G.I Joe the movie

violence is good and fun but still a boring movie
Parent of a 9 year old Written byhomer1 November 27, 2009
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjimanorris November 18, 2009

My 12 year old girl liked it

Might be a little too violent...plenty of people "die". You don't see it too much. Some that you do see are graphic, just off screen. A person gets his head cut off in one scene, but most are implied.
Parent of a 15 and 16 year old Written byMina_Wolf November 6, 2009
loved the movie-good versuses evil!!
Adult Written bycoldmiser August 7, 2009

If you let your kids watch Iron Man, then you should be ok with this.

While I agree this movie has tones of violent action, there is little blood and most of the violence is over the top and cartoon-ish. The decapitations are, for the most part implied, and never actually seen (no rolling heads, and no extended or clear shots of the bodies). These happen so fast my son didn't even notice them. My two biggest concerns that parents might have are with the very begining...a man has a hot iron mask put on him and while we only hear him scream and see his eye wide with terror, it could be scary for smaller kids. Another is another scene where a dead mans head sort of melts. It's brief, but again could bother younger kids. Over all this is a fast paced film that will keep most 9+ engaged for the the very quick 2 hours this movie runs. If you had no problem with Iron Man or Transformers 2 (G.I. Joe doesn't even come close to the languange Transformers 2 used btw), then you won't have a problem with this. Totally fun ride!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... August 5, 2009

Violent PG-13 Action Thriler good for 13+

Parents should know that although there's no blood, there's heads getting cut off, and a ton of action scenes throughout. Lots of fights, explosions, weapons, and punches. Weapons include missile launchers, swords, guns, etc. Kids will want to see it, and that's okay for ages 13+, because there's no blood. However, be warned, this stretches the limit of PG-13.
Adult Written byaction man June 25, 2011

it is ok

it is not xtrame volint.but your kids will find it a bit boring becuse it does not resemble the older gi joe.the characters are not like gi joe.it has the name gi joe but it has nothing to do with.i recomend gi joe spy troops or gi joe valor vs venom or sigma 6.
Adult Written bybdh June 12, 2011

fun movie

entertaining
Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 May 23, 2010

stupid

lol seen it with my freind at the movie theater we thought it was stupid! lol
Adult Written bydjrgeek April 18, 2010
Really a cool movie set in the not-too-distant future. Good violence
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byfnnkybutt December 12, 2009

More fun than I expected, No problem for my kids

This is one of those movies that to me is like watching a cartoon. Most of the violence is so over the top - not to mention with almost no blood - that it's completely unbelievable. Example - bad guy in an all white suit, involved in an exploding car wreck. Steps out with a minor cut on his head, and his white suit still impeccably clean. My kids and I laughed at that. I'm usually super careful about violence in movies, because my 10 year old can be sensitive to some things, but this was fine for him. I'd definitely say ok for 12 and up, 10 and up depending on how sensitive your child is.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bysmokinwilson November 24, 2009
On my...what a waste of my time. As stated before by another member I feel more dumber having watched it. (Proof is in the last sentence). But I always preview movies before allowing my kids to watch. This is one they oh so wanted to see. Not a chance. Only the very young or mindless adults would say anything positive about this sad movie. Don't waste your money and more importantly your time.
Adult Written byTy3401 November 10, 2009

The worst movie of the century

This movie was so mindless i felt dumber for watching it... For all you adults out there don't waste your time or money.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byOR-MovieFan September 28, 2009

Over-the-top violence for under 13 - unecessary for all ages...

I was put off by the extreme violence. I pre-viewed it for my 9 year-old and had to tell him he'll have to wait a couple years to see it. The decapitations (I counted three) were the worst of the violence. Unnecessary in a movie targeting early teens!
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byAuctionmom September 13, 2009

Not for tweens and below - yes for teens

Great movie for teenage boys! My boys (age 7 and 9) were too young for it. My husband and I covered their eyes through most of the previews at the theater and when the scenes with needles and scalpels appeared. It was just too intense for the young guys. Again, teenage boys will enjoy it and I did like the fact the women could be heroes, too!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byRazorback September 2, 2009

This movie is VIOLENT!

This constantly shows people getting shot in the eye with arrows (since they are in body armor), impaled on knives, or killed in another fashion. My entire family was appalled.
Adult Written byaileronguy September 1, 2009

Pretty good movie but...

You know it will be violent, but it is pretty much non-stop. Much less sexual innuendos than the Transformers movies, but stronger language, and not so juvenile.