Kid reviews for Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Dance to the cheesy '80s beat with tweens and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAlice_in_wonderland March 13, 2010

:))

Its a awesome movie:P

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2010

awesome

luv this movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byPoppy.bath May 28, 2016

Hilarious with a touch of drama

This is a hilarious movie with Sarah Jessica Parker staring! I could watch this movie many times! Lynne is a go-getter fun girl and Janey is an obedient dancer. great for movie night!

Teen, 14 years old Written byChikaChloe January 18, 2010

Amazing movie......but......11+ is resnable

This is one of the greatest movies now I think that 10 year olds can only see this movie if they are sensible and responsible like i was when i was teen so even though i said 10 plus i suggest parents let their children watch this if they are 11 or 10 if really responsible and sensible and make sure they don't go bad

Teen, 13 years old Written byDahlia24 February 11, 2017

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

This is a family friendly 80's movie that deeply involves competition. Many funny and cheesy parts to the movie, but it will soon become a favorite! Some sexual parts such as kissing passionatley, but nothing more than that. I would recommend this to a person that is a fan of dancing, the 80's, and its music.

Kid, 9 years old December 22, 2010

great for tweens

Tis movie is about beliveing in yourself and sacrificeing things to capture your dream . this movie will make anyone who whatches want to dance and sing

Teen, 14 years old Written byCallie00 April 11, 2015

A Fun, Cheesy, Hilarious, Lighthearted, Feel-Good '80s Movie

Girls Just Want to Have Fun is definitely cheesy and outdated (the '80s clothes, hair, dancing, and music is so outdated!), but it's also fun, hilarious, lighthearted, and feel-good. A good-girl military brat named Janey moves to Chicago and goes to a new school. She befriends a wild and rebellious (but kind and loyal) girl named Lynn. They both love to dance. While babysitting, they watch Dance T.V., a reality TV show about dancers, there's a contest where you could show off your dancing skills and whoever wins gets to be a regular on Dance T.V. Of course, Janey and Lynn wants to join the contest.. Janey asks her strict father to join, but he says no because she's too young. However, she rebels and joins anyways. She is then paired up with a boy who she falls in love with, and they both rehearse every day and night. That means ditching school and sneaking out of the house at night. Expect hilariousness, cheesiness, outdated things, and god-awful music and dancing! Parents: There is a bit of mild teen rebellion, very mild language (one mention of 'hell' and some name-calling), and girls shown in underwear and revealing dance outfits and a boy does a 'tune to Tokyo' joke to grab a girl's breasts. But any kid age 10 and up should be able to handle it, IMO. There really isn't any good messages and role models, but this movie is just supposed to be silly and taken lightly.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 101

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is a fine movie for kids 10+. Although...I really found the sexual content in this movie....bad! At one part, a guy grabs a girls breats! Some girls are shown in lingerie. Other than that, I found the movie very interesting. Definetly watch if your are 10 or older! Thanks for reading! :)

Kid, 9 years old September 2, 2009

its purfect for kids 9 to 13 and up

It is perfect for my kid! And my kids need to learn to not have to u know u know what. Well it was good anyway

Teen, 15 years old Written byMc876423 May 27, 2015

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

It is a good movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2009

Great for 10 year old girls!

Great movie for any girl 10 years or older. This was my moms favorite when she was young!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucas201 March 21, 2011

greatest!!!!!

i wanted to see this because shannen doherty was my age in the movie so i decided to rent it off netflix and i saw and it three times i just loved,i didnt want to send it back.