Kid reviews for Glory Road

Inspiring sports flick about an underdog team.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybreanamedina15 November 2, 2013

The title "Glory Road" is a good title to choose, What it is trying to say is that a team is trying to reach their goal and achieve the highest for something they want.

even though this movie had some bad language smoking drinking and violence i still think this is a good movie. It is showing a good message to people about how the black people were playing with white's but the white peopel didn't like the balck people. But later on in the movie they get along with eachother and become friends through on the movie.Later on in the movie some white people jumps one of the blacks' and bruises him and also made him bleed and some other things and then the black people are now not liking the white people ever since they did that to the black.But besides all that i still think it is a good movie.And ti also gives a good message to the people who watch. It shows how differnt races don't like other races later on they could/may get along with eachother and becomes a team, friends,mates,partners,buddies,etc..but this is a good movie to watch.

Teen, 17 years old Written byWwerobert1995 August 18, 2012

I love this movie

Has a good message about how bad racism is

Teen, 15 years old Written bykpotter13 April 23, 2012

me

this is by far one of my favorite movies

Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2012

Awesome Movie!

I for one, was allowed to see this movie when I was 8. Although there were scary scenes, I loved it. For me, this movie was though provocking, because I had witnessed racial controversy before, so I was prepared. My parents also explained what the movie was about, so I didn't watch it without having a full understanding of what was going on. There is humour, as well as the importance that all men are created equal.

Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2009

Good life-changing movie.

This is a great and a very inspirational true story. It is about a white coach at a small school in El Paso called Texas Western. The coach had such a small recruiting budget that he couldn't get any really good white players, so the coach decides to recruit African-American players. Texas Western starts out good, but can the increasing bigotry of other fans stop them? In this movie the players drink some at bars so I think it should be for kids 10 years and older. This is a great movie with a good message.

Great Movie!

Hello people! This movie is a completely true story. The Minors were the first black NCAA basketball team to win a championship. It wasn't Disney Magic at all. It was a great and true story.
Teen, 13 years old Written byskarocker April 9, 2008

That was wierd!

It is supposed to be biography right? They focused to much on things lesser the point.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydavyjkool April 9, 2008

A good movie, though predictable. Pure Disney!

Glory Road is a very fun, thoughtful, and well-acted movie.It has some loose ends, and the relationship between Don Haskins and his wife is very hard to follow. From watching this movie, I could tell a lot of stuff got cut. There were uneven spots, characters that never followed through, and stuff that didn't really make sense. Not too much, but definetly a noticable amount. Still touching, even though everybody in the theater knew that the Good Guys were going to win! Two pretty disturbing parts. One is when a player gets beat up in a bathroom. The other is when the team's hotel is vandalized, and blood is dripping from the walls, spelling the "n" word and other horrible, racist things. So just be aware, its a bit scary. Its definetly ok for 11 year-olds though, and I give it 4 stars!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymad man April 9, 2008

Typical

Although this was a good movie, movies like this, remember the titans, and miracle all had pretty much the same outline. This was good, but in no way original.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008
Great compelling movie but because of strong racial issues i dont suggest this movie for kids under 11. Way to hardcore for 8,9,+10 year olds.

Great Movie

Very inspirational good movie. Has some racial slurs but not a big issue. I recommend it for sports lovers and even those not into sports.