All teen and kid member reviews for Gnomeo & Juliet

Kid, 7 years old February 21, 2011

Hilarious

I think it is pretty awesome because it is hilarious! And it is fun because the gnomes are funny!
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2011

Geatest movie ever

I loved the movie so much
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2014

How can this be rated G?

There is a use of d**n and this is not the film for kids into romance. :/
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2013

Pretty good!

It's a really fun movie and I think that lots of kids will love it!
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2012

I HAD to watch this, just so you know.

I had to watch this because I was in my class, and we were picking a movie to watch. Of course... the kids in my class picked THIS over movies that are actually GOOD, like Monsters, Inc. and Toy Story 1/2/3. Considering the kids at my school like cheesy jokes (well, I tolerate some), they laughed and enjoyed the movie. Trust me... it was NOT funny. -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarky'sReviews October 26, 2014

Badly Punned and DEFINITELY NOT DreamWorks Adaption

I'm pretty sure that the idea of this movie came when little kids were coming up with corny title jokes centered around Shakespeare, and the Romeo one ended up getting green lit. I know DreamWorks has nothing to do with this but I couldn't thinking of their films the entire time watching it, it's like they've decided to mix Shakespeare with Over the Hedge. As for the parental content, G and PG mean the same thing most of the time now. Sure no one REALLY dies (even the smashed dude came back in the end) but the concept of death itself and the gripping intensity is still in it's raw form here. One weird point I've found, that I'm surprised no one's mentioned that much is that Romeo has only got his mother and Juliet her dad in this adaption while both of their parents aren't widowed in the original, was it really that necessary? If you're desperate for a family film on a wet day, go ahead, the world won't explode. But your kids will probably be over this film after a day or two.
Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2014

Gnomeo and Julliet

This is an ok movie about a gnome couple that are in two different groups that hate each other and don't want Gnomeo and Julliet to be with each other. They don't swear, but this frog says that she is going to look "hot" in front of Gnomeo. That is why I marked it as sexy stuff. The violence is that some gnomes get smashed and they destroy each other's stuff and try to destroy one another. They kick and punch and all that stuff.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 17, 2013

Stupid. No plot. I know lots of little kids that hate it..

THIS MOVIE IS THE DUMBEST MOVIE EVER. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WATCHING IT. There's not even a real plot to it!! This movie sucks. The end. All 6 of my 7 year old cousins hated it because they said it was boring.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDaniBallerina March 16, 2013

Okay.

I think it's nice, Juliet is a remarkable role model, always staying strong and confident, the frog.. its ok to have crushes and speak Japanese lol, and for the rose petals laying over her "private parts" frogs don't have any like humans do! Its good at the humor part. There is good back stories and amazing mix-ups. It's unpredictable! Sadly, it's a forgettable movie, when I saw it a second time, I forgot about almost all of things. I like how they were absolutely creative with gnomes. Just a thing, the gnome who has that showy bathing suit might be disgusting for some kids, they show almost every character equally, although I think the colors fighting is stupid. The plot is ok, not bad. I adore how that they are so small, they use lawn mowers as monster trucks or race cars. Overall, it portrays Romeo and Juliet, but has creativity, some humor, an ok plot, some inappropriate parts age 7 and down,no bad language, no profanity, no drugs, forgettable, but has amazing twists and an exception for a family and perfect timed movie!
Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2012

One Word: DUMB

I hated this movie. It didn't even parody Romeo and Juliet! Don't bother watching this movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus December 15, 2012

Meh.

This movie is cute and kids will probably like it, but it is nothing that great, and you will most likely forget about it in like 2 days.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2012

great

James Mc Avoy did good and so did the rest of the crew
Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2012

3 stars

Gnomeo and Juliet was a reasonably good movie. I think it was quite exciting at times as well as being sad. Very funny but an equiered taste!
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

Really great!

This movie was epic! It had great movie acting and awesome animation! My sisters thought it was stupid and I loved it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBelkaStarDog May 24, 2012

good movie

i recommend it...
Teen, 15 years old Written byNinja_Gray April 28, 2012

Finally! An intelligent kids movie!

This movie is perfect for English majors or Shakespeare lovers. There are about 36 Shakespeare references that will keep you entertained from start to finish. I believe one of the reasons people don't like this movie is because a lot of the jokes go over their head.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhamstergurl09 April 21, 2012

Really Bad

I watched this movie with my younger cousins, all of whom are in the target audience for this film. None of us liked this movie. I was expecting it to be stupid, but after seeing it, I know my expectations were far exceeded. This movie was unfunny and idiotic. It was absolutely nothing like the original Romeo and Juliet, and I really wish people would stop making supposed "adaptations" of Romeo and Juliet that are nothing like it. I would not recommend this movie for anyone, unless they want to be bored or lose brain cells.
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 2, 2012

Violence Could Be An Issue

This is a movie based on 'Romeo and Juliet' and I'm sure you have all heard of it. Don't worry, the main characters don't die. But they do have a near death experience. So, violence might be an issue for younger kids. A giant lawnmower tears the gardens up and almost kills all of the gnomes. Gnomeo is thought to be dead and shattered at one point. Eventually it is figured out that the shards were only a teapot. Juliet and Gnomeo were almost killed because of the lawnmower causing Juliet's mini castle to fall down. Juliet could not move because she was glued onto the castle, and Gnomeo was too in love with her to move. It does have a use of "d*mn". Otherwise, a very good movie
Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2012