Kid reviews for Gods and Generals

Meticulous Civil War story runs a little long.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThoughtful historian March 22, 2021

Cinematic achievement

While by modern standards not always considered politically correct as it also depicts the southern point of view during the civil war, the film does a remarkable job depicting this war between the states in a historically accurate and compelling manner. For adults, and children that enjoy American history. Battle scenes will be exciting and relatively bloodless.
Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2012

Amazing!

I read the book Gods and Generals,and when my mom told me there was a movie,I was so excited!I had huge expectations for this movie,and they were met!I had no complaints,except for the casting.Rubert Duvall was AMAZING as Lee,but I kind of wish Martin Sheen had portrayed him again.And Stephen Lang as Stonewall Jackson?I liked him much better as Pickett!But other than that,I loved this movie!The characters occasionally smoke,and of course,as this being a Civil War movie,there are some epic battle scenes!

Teen, 14 years old Written byBennyY April 12, 2011

JACKSON JACKSON JACKSON!!!!!!!

This is Stonewall Jackson's movie. It's Jackson this, Jackson that. But if you are studying him it will be usefull. I would suggest skipping some parts just because it's reeeeeeaaaally long.

Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

i liked it

to tell u the truth i had first seen gettysberg, this movie's prelude. gettyrsberg was simply amazing especially the battle of little round top its one of my favs...this one didnt totally meet up to my expectations but i liked it! however, i found that WAY too much attention was given to the south. like, WAY too much is was always aboutthe south and how everyone down their loved and took care of their slaves and how the slaves loved them blah blah blah...that ticked me off, and general jackson shoulda been toned down a teensy bit lol...he was a christian, but they made him look like he was stuck up! UGH and he wasnt like that!... but i loved the battles, and the story! the battle of fredericksburg was SO KEWL, and general hancock is by far one of the kewlest characters and should have been in it more! the part with the irish brigade was the best i cried and got shivers it was so...well...just watch it 4 urself lol
Teen, 13 years old Written byDman April 9, 2008