Kid reviews for Godzilla

Violent updated classic could be too intense for young kids.

Great Movie

the movie was really good but godzilla is different looking from the oringinal so might dissapoint some fans. The movie at times says bad words. In the movie some people die from the babies (but doesnt show them being cut or anything like that) but still i think it was an great movie!
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2011

no body watch this unless your suicidal

blody hell! the whole thing is my concern!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHuggiebear234 August 3, 2012

ITS NOT A DINOSAUR!

although there is some language in it, the storyline is pretty good and the score is a masterpiece, some people hate this movie because godzilla looks different, but its just like an update for a computer, things change.

Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written byraeedthunder February 22, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 16, 2010

A bad remake!!!! America bombs it again

I hate this movie. It's stupid. It's as bad as Daegoesu Yongari(1967) or Uchu Kaiju Gamera(1980). Get Rashomon(1950) and Daikaiju Baran(1958) instead. Skip it

Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2009

Movie Sucks.

I saw this when I was 3 or 5. Not too bad.

Teen, 14 years old Written bywii April 9, 2008

godzilla yeah right

this movie was ok terrible godzilla movie . but an alright movie for ages 11 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny July 1, 2011

Love the classic film, but hate this...

The classic Godzilla movies (even if they were cheaply made) were so much better than this garbage! I actually find this quite insulting and downgrading. As a fan of the original Godzilla, not this over-sized lizard, this just doesn't satisfy me. Seriously, I honestly think the Americans should stick to their own ideas and leave the foreign stuff alone. Don't let this movie's big, Hollywood budget and "dazzling" special effects fool you. Nothing will ever replace the original.
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2017

Why america? Just why?

This movie is stupid, and I didn't watch this to see a big Iguana attack new York and then see the other Jurassic park....... Was America stupid enough to think the king of the monsters would die by missiles!?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is just an immature kids movie for people who don't know anything about Godzilla and why is it PG-13?!?!!? Why is something so stupid not rated G? This is the worst movie ever stay away, and watch the Japanese Godzilla
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 27, 2012

Great Emmerich films will please his fans

I am astonished at the negative reaction towards this film. The monster was amazing, and the disaster sequences were equally stunning. Alright, maybe the acting was a little campy, and there were a few plotholes. Who cares? As long as the visuals are nice enough, any film can be saved. The sound editing and mixing was also very impressive, too. Where are the Academy Award nominations? Goldon Globe? Scream? Kids Choice? Teen Choice? ANYBODY???? Everyone who gives this a negative review needs to go through their birth files to see if they were dropped as a baby. This is my second favorite Emmerich film, after 2012.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMovieGeek12345 December 4, 2017

Americanised (yes this is how Australians spell it) version of Japanese classic is long and boring.

Godzilla is a long running series of movies that has been made in Japan since the 1950's, the titular monster itself is based off nuclear weapons and there have been 30 movies over the years. Godzilla in the Japanese movies is a monster that feeds on nuclear radiation and is charged by its power, in this version it is just an iguana that has been exposed to radiation and grows into a giant monster. Most monster movies are rather short, but somehow the film makers managed to stretch this one into 2 hours and 20 minutes of bad acting and repetitive scenes involving characters I really could not care about. Overall this is a movie about a giant monster blowing up buildings that somehow manages to be boring and disappointing, there are good Godzilla movies such as the original and the 2014 version which is also worth a watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKingRobert November 9, 2017

Beautifully shot

I've watched this movie a thousand times and it never gets old!

Teen, 13 years old Written byHarvster5 September 3, 2014

Alright Reboot

Good movie. PG Rated in Australia. Kids are fine watching this. But I don't see why people think this movie is more Violent than the new 2014 Godzilla. That one is way more violent. But sill appropriate.
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2014

Underrated

It made my 7 year old brother laugh. There is a scene were a guy calls his camera a b*****d, because it did not do what he wanted. A guy was eaten on screen, and there was a good deal of moderate violence. A woman said the word breast once, just to imply what another woman's discriminating boss thought of her. A scientist helped out by using his intelligence, and and forgave another woman for the terrible thing she done for him, so it even has a good role model.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWapwap June 30, 2014

Good but not great

It is not godzilla in the movie it is zilla a counterpart To godzilla who is killed by missiles . It is a little bit of a ripoff but still worth seeing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDelirious Gir May 28, 2014

An Ok Remake

For Godzilla fans this is supposedly to show Godzilla to a different audience, but this Americanized monster nicknamed G.I.N.O (Godzilla in Name Only) is not Godzilla. It's a ok movie, for kids as long as they can deal with eggs hatching and a little blood, but its CGI Godzilla so go figure! Good for the person who wants to watch Jurassic Park but not the classic movie :P
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015

dont watch this movie its bad

dont watch this movie its bad 1/5 stars
Teen, 13 years old Written byBobsMovies May 31, 2014

It's a good thriller and action movie but when the eggs started to hatch and the babies started to eat people that really scared me

Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2013

Decent monster movie with good special effects.

I can't see why nobody likes this movie. The acting, story, and characters are all fine and the action is awesome. My mpaa rating: PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi creature violence and scary images.